The Bad Drivers of Ontario Thread | Page 197 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Bad Drivers of Ontario Thread

Interesting. It doesn't look like he is running ALPR. Running ALPR should be like shooting fish in a barrel. I wonder if they were just random traffic stops for bad driving and they happened to have no insurance or if he was typing in tons of plates while driving around.

In his 2nd or 3rd pulled over driver post he said not equipped with ALPR.

Nah, just revenue generation. Honestly, you read the stories of people failing so many times and then getting a pass already. If you cant pass the second or third time you should have yo take a year off to practice as obviously you arent getting it
We are going to be a broke province soon....if we're not already.

After the backlog is through, they have a short test and lots of examiners. Anyone see a five year cycle coming up with a road test at renewal? No way that gets announced prior to election.
I for one hope that never happens! It would be a complete waste of time and money for the vast majority of drivers in this Province. Even prior to the pandemic booking a road test took months to arrange. It's particularly bad up here in Orangeville because of all the out of town drivers who come here for their G2 Exit in order to avoid having to drive on a 400 series highway. Most of these drivers then go drive on the 410 and create all sorts of havoc.

I would agree that drivers who accumulate more than 6 points in any five-year period should probably be called in for a re-test, since they are the ones who really need it.

Back a while ago I commented on Milton shortening the yellow lights at their intersections with red light cameras. Checked my dashcam and timed the lights on Steeles @ Bronte today. 3.5 seconds. The speed limit is 60. At that speed you're travelling 60m in 3.5 seconds. Average stopping distance with a 2.5 second perception/reaction time at 60 is 62m. If you're at the "dead man" spot 60m from the intersection when it turns yellow you wont be able to stop before the intersection but if you don't brake the light will turn red by the time your vehicle is maybe half over the line. It's an untenable situation and a cash grab. They know they're going to get X number of people/day "running" the red.

I'd upload the video, but I had Pigface blaring, Other than Crusin Grrl, no one wants to hear that.

Last edited:
Good on PRP on actually picking him up. But...

He'll be back out doing exactly the same thing, with the same truck in a week. Sans license and insurance of course.
At least two weeks. His truck is impounded for 14 days. Wonder what that bill looks like? Is it zero or double what a normal person would get?

Depends on whether he's working for a service, or a sole proprietor. Any company that would put him back behind the wheel, while he's still under suspension, is begging to have their ticket pulled. Hard to make money if your whole shop gets shut down.

Back a while ago I commented on Milton shortening the yellow lights at their intersections with red light cameras. Checked my dashcam and timed the lights on Steeles @ Bronte today. 3.5 seconds. The speed limit is 60. At that speed you're travelling 60m in 3.5 seconds. Average stopping distance with a 2.5 second perception/reaction time at 60 is 62m. If you're at the "dead man" spot 60m from the intersection when it turns yellow you wont be able to stop before the intersection but if you don't brake the light will turn red by the time your vehicle is maybe half over the line. It's an untenable situation and a cash grab. They know they're going to get X number of people/day "running" the red.

I'd upload the video, but I had Pigface blaring, Other than Crusin Grrl, no one wants to hear that.
If a driver has a 2.5 second reaction time, they probably need a ticket.

To drive safely reaction time should average below 0.8 seconds. Average reaction time of more .75 seconds is deadly for motorcyclists, and over 1 second deadly for car drivers.

Back
Top Bottom