The Bad Drivers of Ontario Thread | Page 195 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Bad Drivers of Ontario Thread

Because Brampton.
Exactly. I once had to inch forward to see around a van that was pulled all the way up into the crosswalk, in the left turn lane. I had stopped at the stop line before inching forward for visibility, which is the legal requirement. I stopped because there was a transport doing 90+ in the curb lane on the cross street. Almost got punted into the intersection by the driver behind me at the light because he looked left, then hit the gas. I was lucky to go pretty much straight up, instead of forward, which is the only reason I'm alive to type this right now.

The guy who hit me was a stair lift/electric wheel chair salesman. Cue the expected jokes.

I should pull the video of the guy from Friday who went through a red light the moment that the light on the cross street went amber but didn't think to, because Brampton.

What was his high score on the breathalyzer? Enquiring minds, and all.

*EDIT*

Went back and checked the comments. Refused to blow.

$1000 fine and 1 year driving ban. What a joke.
I don't really get that, you'd think they have a strong case. The police recovered & had custody of video evidence - and the driver caused measurable harm through their actions. They were either DUI or they are completely unfit to drive while sober.

Shouldn't refusing to blow have been a minimum $2000 fine in BC?

What was his high score on the breathalyzer? Enquiring minds, and all.

*EDIT*

Went back and checked the comments. Refused to blow.
Funny we try that out during my uni years when one of the guys ordered a breathalyzer on ebay, and we all took turns to see what we blew vs what we drank before passing out...haha

Isn't the Canadian justice system great? Slap on the wrist for everything :rolleyes:
Funny thing is that it's far more effective than the punitive American system is. Our rate of recidivism is a fraction of theirs. I was a drum beating "law and order" guy for decades, until I looked at the actual numbers. Sure, things go wrong sometimes, but more harsh punishments, for the sake of making us feel better about the system, don't work.

Funny thing is that it's far more effective than the punitive American system is. Our rate of recidivism is a fraction of theirs. I was a drum beating "law and order" guy for decades, until I looked at the actual numbers. Sure, things go wrong sometimes, but more harsh punishments, for the sake of making us feel better about the system, don't work.
I dont know about the case in question, but for a second (or more) drunk driving offense, it is clear that they are going to keep endangering others and I believe things should be ramped up substantially. Maybe that means jail time, maybe continuous blood alcohol monitoring (bracelets exist on tv, not sure if they exist irl), maybe it means substantially reducing their access to capital through seizure of assets to make alcohol and/or vehicles harder to obtain.

In my mind it is less about punishment and far more about how to minimize reoffending. Our current approach to drunk driving is an abject failure with many many people continuing to reoffend with relative impunity.

I dont know about the case in question, but for a second (or more) drunk driving offense, it is clear that they are going to keep endangering others and I believe things should be ramped up substantially. Maybe that means jail time, maybe continuous blood alcohol monitoring (bracelets exist on tv, not sure if they exist irl), maybe it means substantially reducing their access to capital through seizure of assets to make alcohol and/or vehicles harder to obtain.

In my mind it is less about punishment and far more about how to minimize reoffending. Our current approach to drunk driving is an abject failure with many many people continuing to reoffend with relative impunity.
There are many problems with how we deal with impaired driving, however, we aren't the only ones who have the same issues. Some impaired drivers are a bit of a special case. Some few will always continue to drive after they lose their licenses. Those same will take the vehicle of someone else, when their own is seized. And now we've added another group who somehow think that they are immune from impairment because, "It's just weed." Funny; they sound just like the folks who "just had a couple of drinks" 30-40 years ago.

It's not everyone who gets caught for impaired operation, who is this level of a problem. There's a small, hardcore group that will just never straighten up because they aren't mentally built that way.

Grrr. At least a decent charge of criminal negligence causing death finally stuck.

Tl:dr a crazy ***** chased down a motorcycle in her h3 and ran him off the road and killed him because she was mad at him and then tried to argue self defence.

Grrr. At least a decent charge of criminal negligence causing death finally stuck.

Tl:dr a crazy ***** chased down a motorcycle in her h3 and ran him off the road and killed him because she was mad at him and then tried to argue self defence.

"... and with her Hummer angling toward the motorcycle just before contact..." I don't know what the original charges were buy if homicide was originally on the table, then it's a pity that the judge couldn't make the mental leap between that statement, and "She hit him."

"... and with her Hummer angling toward the motorcycle just before contact..." I don't know what the original charges were buy if homicide was originally on the table, then it's a pity that the judge couldn't make the mental leap between that statement, and "She hit him."
^
Karen turned up to 11.

I still think it is a slap on the wrist. Should have been second degree murder....
Based on the careful wording, I suspect they couldnt prove contact. Bike probably swerved to avoid and crashed. H3 rolling in the other ditch may have hidden evidence of contact (or it may not have happened).

Friend just left my house in Orangeville and was involved in a hit and run in Brampton (where else?) on the 410.

Other car spun out, , hit his car from the side, basically a PITT maneuver. It peeled back a portion of the rear driver side door.

Other car drove away. My friend's brother in law was also in the car and called the cops. Friend happened to find the car at the nearest Tim Hortons. Notified police. Other driver is arrested

Other car is a BMW. It doesn't look like it has snow tires. Front bumper is gone

Friend just left my house in Orangeville and was involved in a hit and run in Brampton (where else?) on the 410.

Other car spun out, , hit his car from the side, basically a PITT maneuver. It peeled back a portion of the rear driver side door.

Other car drove away. My friend's brother in law was also in the car and called the cops. Friend happened to find the car at the nearest Tim Hortons. Notified police. Other driver is arrested

Other car is a BMW. It doesn't look like it has snow tires. Front bumper is gone
Obviously thumbs up was for the outcome not the hit and run. Glad the prick got cuffs.

Always a BMW...had an idiot doing stupid lane changes and gunning into gaps trying to get somewhere faster. Pulled up just behind him at off ramp. He did the same again on surface roads....pulled up just behind at every light.

Got my last vehicle written off by a west bound Corolla last year on the 404.....yes, he was west bound on the 404.

Always a BMW...had an idiot doing stupid lane changes and gunning into gaps trying to get somewhere faster. Pulled up just behind him at off ramp. He did the same again on surface roads....pulled up just behind at every light.

Got my last vehicle written off by a west bound Corolla last year on the 404.....yes, he was west bound on the 404.
No, sometimes it's an Audi, Mercedes, or VW. Once, on my commute from the bottom of the 427, I had a guy in a VW get impatient with my speed. Seems that 110 in the slow lane wasn't fast enough so when he saw a gap, he blasted around me and cut me off. I caught up to him at the 401 junction, then again at the 409, passed him at Rexdale, then again on the ramp to Finch. The best part was when he was waiting for a light to make a left, on surface streets, I drove across in front of him on the street he wanted to turn onto. He recognized my car and started pounding the steering wheel. Not once did I drive aggressively, speed excessively (maybe 10 over and usually at the limit), or break other traffic laws. I just knew the traffic flow, while he was trying hard to "win" rush hour.

Had someone turn left in front of me yesterday, then crawl, doing 30-40 after I honked, in the 60 zone.
Quebec plate this time. They stayed left when the lane split into two, so I passed them on the right.

Back
Top Bottom