The Bad Drivers of Ontario Thread | Page 158 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Bad Drivers of Ontario Thread

Cyclist should have been charged rather than the driver.
Both should be charged. As a driver, you can't operate with that level of carelessness. As a rider, you can't ride sidewalks not can you ride across the pedestrian crossing of an intersection.

I love how easily that SUV jumped the median!

For those of you who don't live in Markham this might be shocking. I see this level of carelessness every single day with drivers, cyclists and pedestrians.

What if the person on the bike was a jogger, or runner...

I think the car driver was completely at fault, they didn't even look, then gunned it into on coming traffic, how absurded was that. Clearly they should not be driving. I understand somewhat your view on the cyclist but they were at least within the crossing zone which the driver should have kept their eyes on.

If he/she was jogging or running or had got off the bike, he/she would have been a pedestrian and would of had the right of way over the car.
What I saw was a vehicle, the bicycle, illegally enter an intersection against a red light, and a car legally turning right, unfortunately striking the bike, which REASONABLY shouldn't have been there.
The collision is 100% the bikes fault, the car had the right of way...
... the jamming on the gas, crossing multiple lanes of traffic, jumping over the median into on coming traffic got him/her into the range of DANGEROUS driving, a criminal offense, which he/she could go to jail for.

What if the person on the bike was a jogger, or runner...

I think the car driver was completely at fault, they didn't even look, then gunned it into on coming traffic, how absurded was that. Clearly they should not be driving. I understand somewhat your view on the cyclist but they were at least within the crossing zone which the driver should have kept their eyes on.

I have a different take. I think that the car driver knew that the cyclist was there, hence the immediately wide entry to the corner to try and get around him. The cyclist kept coming, so the driver kept going wider until....

I have a different take. I think that the car driver knew that the cyclist was there, hence the immediately wide entry to the corner to try and get around him. The cyclist kept coming, so the driver kept going wider until....
Yup. No way they were going to lose 4 seconds letting a bicycle cross. Besides they have a ton of steel around them.
And they were thinking of failing to remain, but thought better. POS
Michael Bryant driving school.

For me there's no "technically" about it. Either you're discouraged from carelessly riding on the sidewalk, riding across crosswalks, and riding from the sidewalk into traffic, or you're allowed and the pedestrians, and other vehicles are required to watch out for and protect you.

From the MOT site.

Look ahead, left, right and left again before starting to turn. If you have not seen any smaller vehicles or pedestrians, check your right rear blind spot. Let cyclists, limited-speed motorcycles, or moped riders go through the intersection before you turn. When it is safe, complete your turn into the right-hand lane of the road you are entering.

I could understand if both received tickets, but the cyclist would be primary and the driver secondary, if that were the case.

Not according to the MOT. You are required to make sure nothing is in the way when you turn. It doesn't make any stipulations about whether it is obeying the rule of law or not. Just that you can't turn if something is there. Full stop. 99% of the time if there's an accident when you're making a turn you'll be at fault. More so if it's a left.

Slightly related as the driver cooked a turn and rolled it. The much more fascinating part is the awesome camera and overlays that the police are working with. It will be awesome when similar overlays become available in vehicle HUD's.

33 yo from Cobourg arrested and facing a pile of charges (including the very often present driving while suspended).

WATCH: Durham chopper tracks car-jacking suspect in lengthy chase

[media]
[/media]

A few fine examples of commercial vehicle stupidity in the same story. First a wheel comes off a Chouinard Bros roofing van and causes a number of passenger vehicle crashes. Then hilarity ensues:

"In a bizarre incident while police were examining the scene and traffic was stopped, a transport backed into a stopped vehicle four times while waiting to proceed through the only open lane of the highway. "

"“I saw him coming back into me and I blarred on the horn and then he hit me. Then he went forward again, then came back again and I blarred on the horn – and he did it four times and that pushed me into the car behind me.”

“I was hitting the horn and hitting the guy behind me. I could hear their horns going – he just never stopped.”
Ward said, “it almost looked like he was trying to shift gears. He would go forward, stop, then come back.”

Ward’s vehicle was hit so hard, so many times, it pushed her vehicle sideways.

With another woman in the passenger side, the transport was hitting her side door."

Breaking News - Several Vehicles Strike Tire On Highway 401 At Port Hope - Today's Northumberland - Your Source For What's Happening Locally and Beyond

Please try to visit the link and read the rest of the story/look at pictures. Pete works his ass off to gather news while not using an annoying paywall. I want him to succeed.

Haha. Just saw an entire tesla model 3 inside a bakery in burlington. Tons of torque plus pedal confusion does not have a good ending.

tXfJxz_isQ_3OrhLwd7bE1TB1_HQ0GDrtVgCx93jxNM.jpg

Police twitter accounts are a neverending source of gold #GetToKnowYourPedals

Edit:
Upon further review, this is another twofer. The vehicle turning left in all likelihood did it on a red. They rolled into the intersection and it was green in the opposing direction before they exited, I don't see how it could have been yellow when they entered (yet alone a stale green).

Last edited:
Police twitter accounts are a neverending source of gold #GetToKnowYourPedals

Edit:
Upon further review, this is another twofer. The vehicle turning left in all likelihood did it on a red. They rolled into the intersection and it was green in the opposing direction before they exited, I don't see how it could have been yellow when they entered (yet alone a stale green).

In my neighbourhood the double red is for about two seconds so the leftie had used up all the typical four seconds of amber and would have been borderline on entering on a red.

There was total loss of control with the grey car. Distracted? and was about to ram the camera car? and opted to bypass on the right? The sidewalk was empty so why take out the pole and smack the house?

So he (presumably he) didn't hear the screeching, made a double lane change onto the shoulder and then back out and didn't feel the bump as he scraped the car off? Back to G1.

How the f did the civic get cleared without police involvement? Apparently the driver was in serious condition, did a highway vulture just hook the car and take off with it?

Another one from the police. Pulled over a pickup pulling a 53' enclosed trailer.

Ontario Provincial Police - West Region
Uhhhhhhhhh holy **** that's the most psychopathic thing I've seen in a while. I guess somebody constructed a dolly for shuttling trailers around at a depot, then someone else got their hands on it and decided to use it on the road? I wonder how long it took the guy to stop when the cops pulled him over

Back
Top Bottom