The Bad Drivers of Ontario Thread | Page 130 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Bad Drivers of Ontario Thread

@250R-ICE

I wholeheartedly disagree, you should never exit your vehicle to help another vehicle out if the conditions are unsafe. Call 911 and let emergency-responders do their job.

I've been railing on family & friends that stop their vehicles in live lanes or on the shoulder of freeways to do dumb **** like switch drivers or wait for another car. I tell them every time they do this, they're going to die.

From the clips above, I don't see how the cammers could have helped the situation; don't put your life and the lives of others around you in danger in order to help.

Driving too fast for the conditions and spinning out without rolling over and just facing the other direction on the on-ramp; does the driver want a warm hug or something? What exactly can other drivers do?

A lot of fatal collisions on our highways are the result of people exiting their vehicles on to live lanes or shoulders. Stay in your vehicle, and take advantage of your vehicle's safety features (ie. seat-belts, crumple zones) in the event of a collision.

Sit tight, call 911 and get help (ie. police lights or MTO barrier trucks)... or just become a fatal collision statistic; you'll be remembered for closing the highway for a few hours.

Yes. Huge problem.

Bigger problem is improper HID installations- the guy/girl that created these kits are laughing cuz of all the people that fork out that cash to put in 'better lighting'.

It must be a some kind of a trend cause I'm seeing more and more imbeciles driving at night with no lights ...
Was thinking that exact thing yesterday, more and more cars with no headlights/taillights at all, not even low-powered high beam DRL. I'm thinking more cars come with stylish LED marker lights that seem to legally substitute for typical DRLs. Often they're not even located in the headlight area, more like fog light placement.

I wonder how many deaths/injuries these have caused, but cops maybe aren't looking for these problems? Especially if a car is rear-ended, automatic fault of driver behind, no need to consider if taillights were on.

A couple of things. Why does the passing lane go faster than the driving lane, then stop suddenly, and go slower?
Seems to be a large dose of poor lane choice to me.
I don't think the intention was to move up six cars, but to pass in the proper lane for it.
"Passing lanes" only exist on controlled-access highways, like where there are entrance and exit ramps, usually always on the right. Then passing is supposed to be done only on the right.

Anywhere else traffic can start and stop for any reason as cars need to turn off at different points on the road. Especially in the city. The guy wasn't in any passing lane dodging unexpected slowdowns, he was just going too fast for the traffic he was in.

A couple of things. Why does the passing lane go faster than the driving lane, then stop suddenly, and go slower?
Seems to be a large dose of poor lane choice to me.
I don't think the intention was to move up six cars, but to pass in the proper lane for it.
"Passing lanes" only exist on controlled-access highways, like where there are entrance and exit ramps, usually always on the right. Then passing is supposed to be done only on the right. (Left?)

Anywhere else traffic can start and stop for any reason as cars need to turn off at different points on the road. Especially in the city. The guy wasn't in any passing lane dodging unexpected slowdowns, he was just going too fast for the traffic he was in.

Baggsy will argue to no end that passing must always be done on the left and that if you're in the left lane for more than a few secs regardless of where you're driving, you're violating his rule.

From what I remember, Baggsy lives in a pretty rural area (could be wrong) where there is barely any traffic and roads are typically 80km/h. If this is the case, I would wholeheartedly agree that people should not be in the left lane unless passing (or at least move out of the way for faster traffic), but in the city, it simply doesn't work.

In regards to this video, someone could have simply been turning left in to that small street thus the stop/slowdown in the left lane.
Edit: Upon further review, it does look like this was the case at 0:07...

Last edited:
[video=youtube;G_JNbaAwB88]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_JNbaAwB88&feature=youtu.be&t=1m13s[/video]

Bigger problem is improper HID installations- the guy/girl that created these kits are laughing cuz of all the people that fork out that cash to put in 'better lighting'.

Agreed. It seems design of these kits is getting worse. By worse, I mean brighter and brighter bulbs. At the tail end of last season, I kept getting blast with light by the same Harley rider. Not only did he have a kit in his main headlight but also in his auxiliary lighting too.

"Passing lanes" only exist on controlled-access highways, like where there are entrance and exit ramps, usually always on the right. Then passing is supposed to be done only on the right.

lots of hwys that are not controlled access have passing lanes. north trans canada hwy 11 and 17 for example..down south hwy 24 and 6 also have passing lanes..

I don't understand when you say "then passing is only supposed to be done on the right" ??
edit- you addressed post #2586.

Last edited:
https://twitter.com/JeremyGlobalTV/status/814065156389031937

VIDEO: Freezing drizzle wreaks havoc on Hwys 427 and 410. 45+ vehicles damaged, 20+ people to hospital from separate pile-ups. #onstorm

We have winter tires on our vehicle as well; the question is how effective are they in flash-freeze icy conditions? Certainly better than All-Season but you can't be doing +100km/hr with winters barreling down the Derry Rd off-ramp tunnel.

If the roads are instantly turned into a skating rink; what chance do even the most prudent drivers have? Lets just say you're able to stop safely, how do you prevent the guy behind you from smashing into you?

I believe ORNG was called, but didn't see any pictures of them landing; i'm surprised they flew ORNG in freezing rain conditions.

For anyone that's interested, if you do end up in a pile-up collision; you're automatically 50% at-fault.

https://www.ontario.ca/laws/regulation/900668

11. (1) This section applies with respect to an incident involving three or more automobiles that are travelling in the same direction and in adjacent lanes (a “pile-up”). R.R.O. 1990, Reg. 668, s. 11 (1).

(2) For each collision between two automobiles involved in the pile-up, the driver of each automobile is 50 per cent at fault for the incident.

image015.png

A failure has occurred.

[video=youtube;F50KnZ10J5o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F50KnZ10J5o[/video]

A failure has occurred.

[video=youtube;F50KnZ10J5o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F50KnZ10J5o[/video]

Unfreaking real. I love how these clowns can't tell there's something wrong with the box up. They are so tippy when extended that you'd almost think it was intentional

[video=youtube;ofspIQc_fSI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofspIQc_fSI[/video]

When I worked downtown that happened constantly. At least 2-3 times a day, if not more. People driving backwards (shakily) for a whole city block. I could only assume that drivers believed the one-way sign indicated the facing of your vehicle regardless of the direction you were driving, as opposed to the direction of traffic flow.

True, some might have been pretending that they were just parallel parking in case a cop appeared (it never worked). However, this was the same neighbourhood where the City completely blocked off the northern part of an intersection for underground construction. Huge 10' wide trench from sidewalk to sidewalk. Two large ROAD CLOSED signs, concrete barriers and several ranks of traffic cones. By the time construction was wrapped up, those signs and barriers had taken a beating and the pavement was crisscrossed with skid marks. Speed limit in the area: 30km/h. Heads-up to the blaring fluorescent warnings: 30-50 meters, depending on the which street it was approached from. I recall watching an M3 nearly ram the dead end in broad daylight, while taking a break.

Back
Top Bottom