The Bad Drivers of Ontario Thread | Page 123 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Bad Drivers of Ontario Thread

Topping off to get an even number will circumvent the mechanism as the vacuum will not build; that and it can cause fuel saturation of the EVAP canister in some cases.. You should never continue filling after the pump auto stops. That said, on the bike I'm always watching; in the car, never had an issue with the auto stop
been topping right up forever tho not on newish cars or bikes

i'd say 'never' is a stretch & depends more on what you are fueling & given situations,

even for cars with evap whatnot, i'm not aware of anything other than guidelines including, 'never,' can, may etc & prob does at times,

i've never had a vehicle issue after topping right up

that's another topic tho...

Last edited:
Dude never had an issue therefore it mustn't be true. What you drive Dude; an AMC Eagle? you seem like an Eagle kind of guy...

No sweat. keep the misinformation up, only adds to my business. Maybe when you get a car from this century you can have a look in the owner's manual; bet you find what you're looking for ;)

you're cruisin' for fresh ransom notes lol & hey, have even run evap for decades..

continue on with your blinders

Last edited:
you're crusin' for fresh ransom notes lol & hey, have even run evap for decades..

continue on with your blinders

This is my last reply on this here as it's way off topic, but I thought I should let you know those "blinders" are a 310-S Interprovincial Auto Technician Certificate and a Drive clean Ontario Repair Technician Certificate.

I Know what I'm talking about ;)

[video=youtube;8-4q5KbE9xw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-4q5KbE9xw&feature=youtu.be[/video]

23 seconds in

[video=youtube;sHsdxVlzM1E]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHsdxVlzM1E[/video]

lol - I thought surely it was poorly worded as in "Pedestrian walks into 'the path of'". Nope.

LOL. Indeed. I would be willing to bet the fireman was first yelling at the idiot for not paying attention and then his buddies in the truck realized.. we should probably step out and make sure he's okay before we leave.

Was it a green light or a red one? Emergency Vehicles are supposed to stop and check they can proceed, aren't they? Truck hit someone, or someone hit the truck, so they need to stop and check things out. Otherwise, it could come back later to haunt them.

The light turned red as the carmera car approached. For the peron walking it is a prime example of why pedestrian accidents are up, how do you not notice a Huge Red Truck with lights and sirens going. Just lucky it was not a permanent Darwin Award winner

He seemed to have assumed that the truck was going to turn left, which is a Darwin Award caliber of assumption.

I don't think emergency vehicles need to come to a stop at reds necessarily, they just need to make sure other traffic has stopped and the path is clear which it was until the guy started walking. I imagine they had to stop following the collision though.

Wonder if the delay in response caused any additional damage at the scene they were responding to?What a complete tool.

He seemed to have assumed that the truck was going to turn left, which is a Darwin Award caliber of assumption.

I don't think emergency vehicles need to come to a stop at reds necessarily, they just need to make sure other traffic has stopped and the path is clear which it was until the guy started walking. I imagine they had to stop following the collision though.

Wonder if the delay in response caused any additional damage at the scene they were responding to?What a complete tool.

They must stop, make sure that the way is clear, and then proceed when it is safe to do so. Years back a friend had the hood of his car driven over by a fire truck that blew through a red without stopping and the driver was charged with careless.

They must stop, make sure that the way is clear, and then proceed when it is safe to do so. Years back a friend had the hood of his car driven over by a fire truck that blew through a red without stopping and the driver was charged with careless.
That outcome is understandable but if it's meant as evidence that emerg vehicles always have to stop at stops, it isn't. But of course they should be held responsible for failing to stop if the path wasn't clear.

That outcome is understandable but if it's meant as evidence that emerg vehicles always have to stop at stops, it isn't. But of course they should be held responsible for failing to stop if the path wasn't clear.

It's not. It's meant to illustrate what happens when they don't stop as required by law, before proceeding through a red light.

Exception – emergency vehicle

(20) Despite subsection (18), a driver of an emergency vehicle, after stopping the vehicle, may proceed without a green indication being shown if it is safe to do so. R.S.O. 1990, c. H.8, s. 144 (20).

The interpretation of this is that the emergency vehicle treats the intersection as (4 way, etc.) stop, verifies that it is safe to proceed, then does so just as any other vehicle would have to at a multi-way stop.

Back
Top Bottom