The Bad Drivers of Ontario Thread | Page 71 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Bad Drivers of Ontario Thread

its sure as hell illegal to do what that rider did, but think of it , he is riding a motorcycle for reason..and most likely he wants to get to his destination quicker and easier than a car would normally take him .

Honestly I am guilty of doing this many times , especially at night...plus even worse taxi drivers always use this lane to pull in front of other car when starting from stop light.

Not really illegal as far as I am aware. I'm pretty sure this has come up for discussion before but if the lane is wide enough to still fit with the parked cars then it is okay to do so...not saying safe, just legal.

Not really illegal as far as I am aware. I'm pretty sure this has come up for discussion before but if the lane is wide enough to still fit with the parked cars then it is okay to do so...not saying safe, just legal.

The manner in which the rider was using the lanes is open to police interpretation

The manner in which the rider was using the lanes is open to police interpretation

Seems like the most reasonable answer.

I do that stuff all the time, but there's usually a little more space in the curb/parked car lane.

No video, but this deserves to be in this thread. Rear-ending a school bus stopped to pick up children while driving for a living. Sheesh. Insurance is going to hate him.

http://www.680news.com/2016/05/19/seven-children-injured-in-school-bus-and-tanker-crash-in-halton/

Seven children are being taken to hospital after a crash involving a school bus and a tanker truck in Halton Hills.

The crash happened on Steeles Avenue, near 6th Line, around 8 a.m. on Thursday, causing diesel fuel to leak onto the roadway.

Witnesses say the bus driver had stopped on Steeles to pick up children when the truck hit the bus from behind.

its sure as hell illegal to do what that rider did, but think of it , he is riding a motorcycle for reason..and most likely he wants to get to his destination quicker and easier than a car would normally take him .

Honestly I am guilty of doing this many times , especially at night...plus even worse taxi drivers always use this lane to pull in front of other car when starting from stop light.

If he stayed on the right of the dashed line, in the parked car lane, it could be argued that he was using the roadway there. ie. Danforth Eastbound at evening rush hour is like this and used by motorcycles and bicyles. Abeit at a slower speed as to not collect doors or pedestrians. The speed he rode down there though was reckless.

Probably could "convince" most drivers to give permission to push the car instead of receiving a ticket for blocking an intersection (which on a side note, is actually a municipal bylaw isn't it?)

Can't fathom anyone convicting anyone of a by-law offence for blocking an intersection by accident with a disabled vehicle. That makes absolutely no sense. And if you mean to suggest the cop could convince most drivers to push the car with his vehicle - well indeed, you honour. He's a cop in uniform. He said it was best to push the car with his car. I did as I was told. I thought I had no choice, but I never expected or wanted this damage. That's how the lawyers will spin it.

No video, but this deserves to be in this thread. Rear-ending a school bus stopped to pick up children while driving for a living. Sheesh. Insurance is going to hate him.

http://www.680news.com/2016/05/19/seven-children-injured-in-school-bus-and-tanker-crash-in-halton/

Seven children are being taken to hospital after a crash involving a school bus and a tanker truck in Halton Hills.

The crash happened on Steeles Avenue, near 6th Line, around 8 a.m. on Thursday, causing diesel fuel to leak onto the roadway.

Witnesses say the bus driver had stopped on Steeles to pick up children when the truck hit the bus from behind.

Yes, how many of these "professional" dirvers are causing accidents these days? Every other day you hear about a truck involved in accidents on the 400 series. I was driving along the 401 the other day and these big trucks are all driving so close to cars. No room for emergency stopping/maneuvers.
Dont get me started about cab drivers... or now I've started to see the Uber guys doing dangerous antics on occasion.

The tool driving the camera car failed to stop at a stop sign...twice!

You mean the two stop signs right at the start of the video? They're on private property. Don't have to. However, the big caveat is to be rational and have some common sense. That's why it's best the vast majority of ppl believe you should stop for them.

The tool driving the camera car failed to stop at a stop sign...twice!
I was going to say that until the crash happened, I thought that the camera car was the drunk.
But then I thought that it might just be me.

One of the reasons, I won't be publishing videos here even if I get a recorder or two.

You mean the two stop signs right at the start of the video? They're on private property. Don't have to...

See...this is why nobody, but nobody, stops at stop signs anymore. What colour car and bike do you own...for future reference?

If he stayed on the right of the dashed line, in the parked car lane, it could be argued that he was using the roadway there. ie. Danforth Eastbound at evening rush hour is like this and used by motorcycles and bicyles. Abeit at a slower speed as to not collect doors or pedestrians. The speed he rode down there though was reckless.

On Danforth Avenue, you used to easily be able to get a car down that lane, as long as you didn't mind waiting for right turning vehicles to clear. They might have narrowed it since then to "allow" bicycles, but not other vehicles.

I wouldn't necessarily intervene if I didn't see anything that I could help with. I'd just call for help.

What did you do to help the kid, console him? Was their parents ignoring him? If 5 more bystanders had gotten involved, would it have made things better or worse?

Okay, 20 feet away with numerous people standing at a bus stop directly in front of the collision - can't see? Collision occurring practically beside you... Still can't see? I was close enough that the back windshield and passenger rear window showered my car with broken glass.

According to you, I should have just driven by like everyone else, placed a call, and been on my way?

What did I do? Placed the call, driver was obviously in a panic and left his car running while attending to his kid in the backseat - switched off his car. Upon impact, the rear end of his car was completely gone, his trunk was squished into the back seat popping the seat up and forcing the kid in a forward leaning position.

Should I have assumed that the dad was trained in first aid? Was given basic instructions from the dispatcher of what should be done to aid the kid and passed it on to the dad.

Lets drive off and not give a witness statement either and been on my way - should we do the same for hit-and-run motorcyclists? "Damn, that rider got hit pretty good, but it's none of my business, so I'll just call 911 and he/she can lay in the ditch and wait"

Lets use your avatar pic as a reference. What if nobody stopped for the fallen rider that passed and just left it alone? Would that have made things better or worse?

Last edited:
See...this is why nobody, but nobody, stops at stop signs anymore. What colour car and bike do you own...for future reference?

LOL - Fail. You know this is entirely not true. The vast majority of people 'stop' (by that I mean don't egregiously roll through) for stop-signs. That's why the vast, vast majority of people get from point A to point B without crashing into other people. People by and large follow the rules of the road no less or more than the driver next to them.

I'm worried you don't have the common sense I was referring to, so please keep stopping for those stop signs - even when there is no pedestrian or vehicle traffic around, because I don't want you to think you can just do whatever you feel like on private property and then cause an accident and wonder how it was your fault when some forum guy said, "I don't have to stop for stop-signs on private property." Dont' worry I won't count the all those times we all know you drove diagonally through a lot (cause we all do it) when it was empty rather than using the painted out lanes for driving in. I'm assuming you haven't translated that into driving wherever the hell you want on the roadways and F* the lines. lol. Makes me believe you have some common sense in ya.

I own a blue bike, and a blue car, and a red SUV. Not sure how that will help you. :D

[video=youtube;rKmZ5ZP-LSM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKmZ5ZP-LSM[/video]

from citynews.ca

"CityNews investigated and has since learned that the driver was arrested. He has been charged with over 80 (having a blood alcohol concentration of over 80mg per 100ml). The injuries are not serious.

The man who called 911 wrote about the crash on Reddit. He said he and the woman got out of their car to help, and waited until police and paramedics arrived. By that time, he said, the driver left the scene on foot. However, he didn’t get far, and was taken into custody."

I expect the police will also add leaving the scene of an accident x2 once they complete their investigation.

What that rider did, yes illegal.

But if you ride in the right lane in that instance (with the parked cars) and you can fit your entire motorcycle inside the lane, it's perfectly legal for you to do so. I actually wondered this and stopped to ask a police officer a while back. He said as long as you're not on/over the lane marking, it's 100% legal.

Obviously do it at your own peril since a driver might try to pull out without looking, or more likely someone might door you.

LOL - Fail. You know this is entirely not true. The vast majority of people 'stop' (by that I mean don't egregiously roll through) for stop-signs. That's why the vast, vast majority of people get from point A to point B without crashing into other people. People by and large follow the rules of the road no less or more than the driver next to them.

I'm worried you don't have the common sense I was referring to, so please keep stopping for those stop signs - even when there is no pedestrian or vehicle traffic around, because I don't want you to think you can just do whatever you feel like on private property and then cause an accident and wonder how it was your fault when some forum guy said, "I don't have to stop for stop-signs on private property." Dont' worry I won't count the all those times we all know you drove diagonally through a lot (cause we all do it) when it was empty rather than using the painted out lanes for driving in. I'm assuming you haven't translated that into driving wherever the hell you want on the roadways and F* the lines. lol. Makes me believe you have some common sense in ya.

I own a blue bike, and a blue car, and a red SUV. Not sure how that will help you. :D

Just make sure that stop sign you blow through doesn't have a bylaw number on it before you do. You might be in for a nasty surprise ;)

Back
Top Bottom