The Bad Drivers of Ontario Thread | Page 64 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Bad Drivers of Ontario Thread

Drove outside of downtown Brampton for probably the second time in my life and I don't know how you guys do it.

Three trailers blocking the middle left and right lanes going the same speed

One trailer missing ALL of his brake lights

Just an overall **** fest of **** drivers. Much worse than Vaughan.

You should do a day trip to Markham - especially up the 404 to Steeles or come downtown TO for extra fun ;-)

Drove outside of downtown Brampton for probably the second time in my life and I don't know how you guys do it.

Three trailers blocking the middle left and right lanes going the same speed

One trailer missing ALL of his brake lights

Just an overall **** fest of **** drivers. Much worse than Vaughan.

I do it by embracing my inner raging bastard. If I ever let him out, they're all dead.

Is one person wearing pajamas? I've seen a pack of morons in those onesies last year. Cool guys...

Wow he was clearly not paying attention at all. Just cruising with his left hand on his leg trying to look cool. Dude should quit riding, straight up. That's in my neck of the woods too. I love how the meathead gets annoyed at the lady for just driving normally. Not sure what I was expecting from a 30 year old that wears a Hurley shirt anyways.

from the video on youtube apparently they just exchanged information to settle outside of insurance. Just wait until Biker gets the bill and shows to driver.. high chance driver thinks this is "only a couple hundred" at most. where in reality it will cost a lot more then the rider will have issues. :-(

He might be riding with one of those $300 pink slips...

from the looks of it, the driver would be at fault, so even if the rider has basic insurance, the claim should be from the driver's insurance company.. anyway, not for me to worry about.

One of the side effects of a fake insurance slip (which is equal to riding without insurance) is that since we have a no-fault insurance system, if you are in a collision that is someone else's fault, you have to file the claim with YOUR insurance company, and it's up to them to recover damages (in certain situations) from the other driver's insurance company. If someone else hits you and you don't have an insurance company to file a claim with, you are skreeewwwed AND you will get a driving without insurance ticket ($5000 fine).

In a situation like this where it is likely that the damage will be in the thousands, I wouldn't count on the other driver coughing up the cash. Sure, go ahead and take their information, but also go ahead and file the incident with the collision reporting center and prepare to go through insurance. If they come up with the cash on YOUR terms prior to going through with a claim, fine. If not ... go through insurance.

I had a situation like that with my car a couple years ago. Driver who hit me didn't want to go through insurance ... I took the car to the only place I would trust to repair it (a genuine Mercedes-Benz collision repair shop) ... Driver who hit me wanted me to get three prices and pick the lowest ... sorry, nope, the dealer's repairing it with genuine M-B parts, "unless you pay the shop $X in cash tomorrow, it's going through insurance" ... sure enough, insurance paid.

One of the side effects of a fake insurance slip (which is equal to riding without insurance) is that since we have a no-fault insurance system, if you are in a collision that is someone else's fault, you have to file the claim with YOUR insurance company, and it's up to them to recover damages (in certain situations) from the other driver's insurance company. If someone else hits you and you don't have an insurance company to file a claim with, you are skreeewwwed AND you will get a driving without insurance ticket ($5000 fine).

In a situation like this where it is likely that the damage will be in the thousands, I wouldn't count on the other driver coughing up the cash. Sure, go ahead and take their information, but also go ahead and file the incident with the collision reporting center and prepare to go through insurance. If they come up with the cash on YOUR terms prior to going through with a claim, fine. If not ... go through insurance.

I had a situation like that with my car a couple years ago. Driver who hit me didn't want to go through insurance ... I took the car to the only place I would trust to repair it (a genuine Mercedes-Benz collision repair shop) ... Driver who hit me wanted me to get three prices and pick the lowest ... sorry, nope, the dealer's repairing it with genuine M-B parts, "unless you pay the shop $X in cash tomorrow, it's going through insurance" ... sure enough, insurance paid.

Actually using a falsified insurance slip is worse than just not having insurance.

This is the penalty for operating a vehicle without insurance:

Offence (3) Every owner or lessee of a motor vehicle who,

(a) contravenes subsection (1) of this section or subsection 13 (11); or

(b) surrenders an insurance card for inspection to a police officer, when requested to do so, purporting to show that the motor vehicle is insured under a contract of automobile insurance when the motor vehicle is not so insured,
is guilty of an offence and is liable on a first conviction to a fine of not less than $5,000 and not more than $25,000 and on a subsequent conviction to a fine of not less than $10,000 and not more than $50,000 and, in addition, his or her driver’s licence may be suspended for a period of not more than one year. R.S.O. 1990, c. C.25, s. 2 (3); 1996, c. 21, s. 50 (4); 2002, c. 22, s. 33.

This is the penalty for using falsified insurance information:

Offence (2) A person who contravenes this section is guilty of an offence and is liable on a first conviction to a fine of not less than $10,000 and not more than $50,000 and on a subsequent conviction to a fine of not less than $20,000 and not more than $100,000. 2002, c. 22, s. 34.

[video=youtube;kopyEWexoYM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kopyEWexoYM&feature=share[/video]

That's nice, the driver of the Range Rover thinks that the other driver is the one making the driving mistake. How about not driving left of center.

Wish I had a rear view cam. Some clown in an SUV with non-retrofitted HID bulbs was blinding me on rutherford today. Upon tapping the brakes and swerving to show him that he's an idiot for doing that with his lights he clearly wasn't getting hte point so I went behind him and highbeamed him for a moment to show him what it feels like to drive behind idiots like himself. After that I guess I struck a nerve because he comes behind me and high beams me and turns his hideous light bar on to try and piss me off. I guess he doesn't know that modern cars come with rear view dimmers.

You can't fix stupid sometimes.

I got HID's for my car as a gift, 2 years later I haven't put them in nor will I ever put them in. They are arguably the dumbest **** I've ever seen on the roads.

[video=youtube;eNSp7yZq8Dw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNSp7yZq8Dw&feature=youtu.be[/video]

That's nice, the driver of the Range Rover thinks that the other driver is the one making the driving mistake. How about not driving left of center.

Remember Rang Rovers are British...it's in their genes to go on the wrong side of the road :D

Just my 2 cents/experience given a stupid suicidal raccoon last December...apparently bodyshops only rent space at dealerships and are not actually attached to them. I was going to take mine (Honda Accord) to Formula Honda, but found out that the bodyshop was actually independent of the dealership so I went elsewhere based on a recommendation from a friend who had worked done at a different location/business. Also in getting the car fixed, apparently insurance only has to use OEM parts for the first 1-2 years or so...after that they can use 'like OEM' aftermarket parts. I confirmed this with my adjuster at TD MM, and ended up paying a bit more to get a Honda OEM bumper fitted vs an aftermarket unit.

hey, thanks for pointing this out. I've only had minimal experience with insurance claims here. I just know people always underestimate how much it costs to fix. I understand lack of insurance and fake insurance could be quite common too so would make sense why someone would be all worked up.

Wish I had a rear view cam. Some clown in an SUV with non-retrofitted HID bulbs was blinding me on rutherford today. Upon tapping the brakes and swerving to show him that he's an idiot for doing that with his lights he clearly wasn't getting hte point so I went behind him and highbeamed him for a moment to show him what it feels like to drive behind idiots like himself. After that I guess I struck a nerve because he comes behind me and high beams me and turns his hideous light bar on to try and piss me off. .

You've got balls for "playing" with this clown. Remember you're on a motorcycle..!

[video=youtube;eNSp7yZq8Dw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNSp7yZq8Dw&feature=youtu.be[/video]

This **** drives me nuts. I take the 404/DVP south every morning and there are always countless idiots that stop in that lane to jump in at the last second. I don't know what bugs me more, the amount of people that do it or the fact that they all see no problem with stopping in a free flowing lane.

hey, thanks for pointing this out. I've only had minimal experience with insurance claims here. I just know people always underestimate how much it costs to fix. I understand lack of insurance and fake insurance could be quite common too so would make sense why someone would be all worked up.

I've found out the hard way that the pre approved shops from the insurance co. aren't always the best or least expensive for repairs.

You should do a day trip to Markham - especially up the 404 to Steeles or come downtown TO for extra fun ;-)

Anywhere West of Kingston, you'll usually find enough GTA drivers for a quorum. Montrealers can usually fill in, if you're in a pinch.

This **** drives me nuts. I take the 404/DVP south every morning and there are always countless idiots that stop in that lane to jump in at the last second. I don't know what bugs me more, the amount of people that do it or the fact that they all see no problem with stopping in a free flowing lane.

The camera car is likely adding to the congestion (with the erratic acceleration and road-ragin' behaviour) more than the cars trying to get in, especially when the cars just seem to be slotting themselves into the natural openings in traffic as it accordions along. You should try it. I'd bet money on the likelihood that if EVERYONE sat in those lanes like you say you do everyone would end up sitting in traffic way longer.

If I'm driving, I'll suffer through this BS but if I'm on my bike I never take this route during rush hour. I could just be paranoid but riding through that seems like just asking to get hit by an idiot dive bombing into a spot regardless of how careful you are.

The same thing happens every day on the ramp from The Gardiner westbound, to 427 northbound. People take the fast run along the Brown's Line exit and then force their way into the ramp for 427 north. Dangerous as hell.

The camera car is likely adding to the congestion (with the erratic acceleration and road-ragin' behaviour) more than the cars trying to get in, especially when the cars just seem to be slotting themselves into the natural openings in traffic as it accordions along. You should try it. I'd bet money on the likelihood that if EVERYONE sat in those lanes like you say you do everyone would end up sitting in traffic way longer.

You might not know that area but it's virtually certain that everyone trying to merge knew which lane they needed to be in 1-2 km back but decided they're special and would just cut in at the last second. That section of highway is a s* show at most times of day.

I usually drive straight down to the DVP and these clowns are always blocking one of the straight through lanes trying to squeeze into the lane they should have been in a long time before. I don't blame drivers like the camera car guy who wasn't letting them in. They're a-holes.

Back
Top Bottom