The Bad Drivers of Ontario Thread | Page 45 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Bad Drivers of Ontario Thread

My parents got rear ended by a police car on the 401 a few years ago in stop and go traffic. The cop popped on his lights and took off up the shoulder. No dash cam and they didn't get his license plate, so it never happened in the eyes of the police.

Fuuuuuu..!

Might have been worse for them if they ID'd the car because then they'd have to go up against the whole police force.

Come on Hedo - no stunt driving charge for Ironic Rebound... Where's Griff when you need him.

Looking at his other videos, there is no need for stunt driving charges. The way he is riding he will soon be in either Sunnybrook ICU or a bit further south in a Mt Pleasant plot, both for extended stays, and either way, problem solved.

I know md13 got seriously injured. Think he lost some fingers. There was a pretty popular vlogger that committed suicide can't remember his name. And now snowcat. And he did similar things skyrocketing off once the light turned green. In fact he may or may not have caused 1 accident running at a driver enough to cause the driver to brake and get hit.

Someone needs to make a running list of these "YouTube Hero" cyclists and keep tabs on their accidents, and sudden disappearances from YT that might suggest they've either wrecked out, stopped riding because they physically can't anymore, or they've found themselves uninsurable for one reason or another.

I'd venture to bet that comparatively, they're statistically some of the most accident prone riders out there.

I have a whole bunch of videos of me riding in Calgary, Toronto and Asia.

All boring. I ride always trying to create a big bubble around me.

Wouldn't surprise me ... Whatever attention they're paying to watching and complaining and cussing about other motorists would be better spent staying out of the way of other motorists and generally staying out of trouble.

Video that I would record in traffic would be dull. Sure, other people do wrong things. But I actively try to make sure those wrong things don't affect me. Used to be called "defensive driving". I also attempt to drive in a manner that doesn't antagonize other motorists. Avoid left lane unless necessary and if I'm in the left lane then PASS whatever is to the right and GTFO of the left lane, keep up with the flow of traffic in whatever lane I'm in, signal and shoulder check ALL lane changes, avoid being side-by-side with other vehicles or in their blind spots, watch out for situations in which it's likely that another vehicle up ahead would change into my lane and do something to mitigate that, etc.

[video=youtube;KiZnfuqSu9k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiZnfuqSu9k&feature=youtu.be[/video]

No left turn lane? Make your own!

[video=youtube;xU8XkuFhBWM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xU8XkuFhBWM[/video]

Nothing wrong with passing on a solid yellow. Mind you if anything happens the blame will more than likely lay with the individual that passed on the cautionary solid yellow.

Nothing wrong with passing on a solid yellow.

Poor choice of driving habit as they're generally indicative of an area where one shouldn't be passing for safety reasons, but by the letter of the law (in Ontario, at least) it's not illegal to pass on them.

Most other jurisdictions however, it'll get you a ticket.

I always seem to manage to remove the snow/ice from the top of my minivan. I'm not sure why so many other people find it so difficult. I did have an entire sheet of ice come off of a transport coming the other way, on the Gardiner curve that they tore down years ago. I sped up and got under it, but if it had hit someone, it would have done serious damage on a raised Expressway.

Those sheets of ice aren't going to do any harm to vehicles. Pedestrians maybe, but then ice was falling from trees and buildings too so why obsess over vehicle ice, especially since it all fell on the road? It's kinda pretty actually.

To me it's just another example of how everybody is a safety activist these days. "OMG ice sheets, DO something!" Next thing you know there's a new law and another layer of bureaucracy but nothing that actually makes any difference. FFS people, there are REAL problems in the world that need our attention. They can't all be posted on YouTube but that doesn't mean they're not real problems.

Back
Top Bottom