The Bad Drivers of Ontario Thread | Page 322 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Bad Drivers of Ontario Thread

Another feather in (Not) Brampton's Cap

Last edited:
Another feather in Brampton's cap.
That one has been on gtam before. Not sure if it was bad driver thread or cop thread as bike cops playing team human shield vs an auto had a predictable result.

Also, it has nothing to do with Brampton other than the fake headline the channel added. It is a TPS video and the vehicle was in Parkdale. 17 yo girl driving 15 yo male passenger. F those guys.

That one has been on gtam before. Not sure if it was bad driver thread or cop thread as bike cops playing team human shield vs an auto had a predictable result.

Also, it has nothing to do with Brampton other than the fake headline the channel added. It is a TPS video and the vehicle was in Parkdale. 17 yo girl driving 15 yo male passenger. F those guys.
Updated dated title, Thanks!

Here's another one, been on GTAM before?

That belongs in bad riders too. Left of the left wheel track in the right lane while going at least 50 km/h faster than traffic in the adjacent lane checks most of the dumb boxes. Sure, the car isn't supposed to pull out but damn, riding like that you'd probably get hit at least once a week.
Left of centre in the right lane is the blocking position that's recommended, however, that has to be tempered by conditions. If you're going too fast to react, you need to give yourself more room to react. Space is time.

Last edited:
Left of centre int he right lane is the blocking position that's recommended, however, that has to be tempered by conditions. If you're going too fast to react, you need to give yourself more room to react. Space is time.
While I agree with your description of textbook blocking position, this rider was left of the left wheel track which afaik is never recommended. As for the textbook, in that situation, I would be pretty far to the right. I am not blocking anyone as they dgaf, cars will jump out so space and time are my friends. His line was far closer to a lane splitting line without the visual protection of cars to his right to keep the cars to his left frozen in place.

Here's the full video...

Rider 1 lane splits through, Rider 2 takes the shoulder, Rider 3 is in the video.

As for blocking position, ya...no. I don't do 'blocking' position when riding beside what's a very slow lane. There's always some idiot that jumps out without checking. I take the lane position furthest away from the slow/stopped traffic to allow myself space to stop, space to see them, and decrease the angle needed to escape trouble without slamming into the guardrail.

Here's the full video...

Rider 1 lane splits through, Rider 2 takes the shoulder, Rider 3 is in the video.

As for blocking position, ya...no. I don't do 'blocking' position when riding beside what's a very slow lane. There's always some idiot that jumps out without checking. I take the lane position furthest away from the slow/stopped traffic to allow myself space to stop, space to see them, and decrease the angle needed to escape trouble without slamming into the guardrail.

It looks like the car stopped and then continued.

That belongs in bad riders too. Left of the left wheel track in the right lane while going at least 50 km/h faster than traffic in the adjacent lane checks most of the dumb boxes. Sure, the car isn't supposed to pull out but damn, riding like that you'd probably get hit at least once a week.
Having a wide open lane to myself when the rest are crawling is a flashing red light.

Visibility for the cager in that situation is not good. Once they turn out at that angle, their mirrors are pointed in the wrong direction to pick out the fast moving bike.

Here's the full video...

That's why I also mentioned leaving space. Everything is situational. For example I would move to the right if there was a merge lane, because of how many times I've had an idiot in a car decide that 3/4 of the lane was enough to merge into next to me.

Concur with previous posts.

In class theory I use the HOV lane as an example. 3 lanes being parking lots and you're flying down HOV @120, where do you block? Right side we gain visibility, owning your space and an escape route (left tire track). However you may not have time to cross the lane if someone pulls out. Under those conditions move to the left tire track, you lose all 3 of the previous things but you gain time. And you still have the shoulder to your left if needed, not a concrete wall.

Back
Top Bottom