Texas Man Suspect in Navy Yard Shootings Leaving 13 Dead | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Texas Man Suspect in Navy Yard Shootings Leaving 13 Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm mostly in agreement with mmmnaked, with one distinction. Our licensing system must be on a will-issue basis. The CFF has to offer a VALID reason in writing for any rejection and there must be a reasonable avenue of appeals for rejected applicants.

I am in agreement more or less as well. We have a system here that appears to work (but not perfect) the US could borrow parts of it to fix most of their problems implemented over time of course.

Gun homicide in Canada has always been much lower than in the US, even when Canada had very few controls on guns. Canada also has many cultural, social & economic differences - fewer rights too. CDN Subject Privileges vs US Citizen Rights.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1379638329.348093.jpg

Interesting stats on crime, city to city, province to province - click on city/province for details.

http://www2.macleans.ca/crime-chart/

Last edited:
HOW ABOUT WE BAN ALL WEAPONS.

Let all wars and other forms of violence be settled in hand to hand combat...

I am not allowed to idle my car more then 5 minutes downtown but they are allowed to produce assault rifles by the minute. Which does more harm to man kind?

I hear the guns for sports argument ad that people kill people not guns.. And i agree with BOTH

But for the good of mankind those people whole love the sport of shooting will have to suffer

Heck you cant even put out a decent body check anymore without getting the book thrown at you. So why are we producing weapons??

We argue...
The rothchilds keep getting richer...

Alcohol, cigarettes, and unhealthy food kill more people. So do swimming pools and cars actually.

So for the good of society, those should be banned too. People who like those things will just have to suffer.... It's for our greater good.

Let all wars and other forms of violence be settled in hand to hand combat...

I am not allowed to idle my car more then 5 minutes downtown but they are allowed to produce assault rifles by the minute. Which does more harm to man kind?

I hear the guns for sports argument ad that people kill people not guns.. And i agree with BOTH

But for the good of mankind those people whole love the sport of shooting will have to suffer

Heck you cant even put out a decent body check anymore without getting the book thrown at you. So why are we producing weapons??

We argue...
The rothchilds keep getting richer...

There is such a place where all forms of weapons are banned. As such, it's a peaceful & harmonious place, right?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1379681603.705490.jpg

Weapons help protect the interests of those who wish to live in peace. Weapons equalize brute force and are an effective crime deterrent.

Last edited:
There was another shooting last night in Chicago. 13 people injured including a toddler. I have been here all week and can't wait to leave, the crime is terrible here.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk HD

How about we ban motorcycles? You'll save 3 times as many lives in Canada and piss off 80 % fewer people :D

I'm mostly in agreement with mmmnaked, with one distinction. Our licensing system must be on a will-issue basis. The CFF has to offer a VALID reason in writing for any rejection and there must be a reasonable avenue of appeals for rejected applicants.

And eliminate the paper crimes that are currently associated with the Cdn Licensing system. Go back to FAC style and that's enough....

How about we ban motorcycles? You'll save 3 times as many lives in Canada and piss off 80 % fewer people :D

People dont use motorcycles to kill 13 people in college campus... People dont fire motorcycles on other people.

I hear your argument.. Believe me i am not an anti gun fanatic but at end of the day if all weapons factories were shut down.. The world will be a safer place.

There is such a place where all forms of weapons are banned. As such, it's a peaceful & harmonious place, right?

View attachment 33536

Weapons help protect the interests of those who wish to live in peace. Weapons equalize brute force and are an effective crime deterrent.

Thats ond side of the story but How about weapons are used to impose your will on other people, used you to acquire assets and wealth..

People dont use motorcycles to kill 13 people in college campus... People dont fire motorcycles on other people.

And yet three times as many people die in motorcycle accidents even though if you tripled the number of motorcycle riders, you'd begin to approach the number of gun owners. If your goal is making the world a safer place and saving lives, give up your bike. It will be A LOT more effective.

I hear your argument.. Believe me i am not an anti gun fanatic but at end of the day if all weapons factories were shut down.. The world will be a safer place.

Nice sentiment if you ignore a few facts..

1) There are more small arms in the hands of sporting users by a LARGE margin than militaries, police services and gangs. Most guns in the world are used to punch holes in paper, protect livestocks or put food on the table
2) Many Canadians use guns to make a living, directly or indirectly. I slept like a baby in bush camps knowing there was a guy armed with a gun, paid to deal with any large predators. Also, may Canadians hunt for a living or use guns to protect their farms. The social cost of banning guns in Canada would be A LOT greater than those 70-80 lives per year (mostly suicides and gangbangers)

Thats ond side of the story but How about weapons are used to impose your will on other people, used you to acquire assets and wealth..

The only times I've used those "weapons" (technically untrue because I've never used my guns against people) to acquire assets and wealth is through networking with fellow sport-shooters :cool:

That's certainly another side and we see it more and more everyday. Fortunately, that side is still a minuscule portion of the total population. Consider the gun homicide rate in the US - approx 12,000 per year vs over 300 million guns. Doctor error cause many times more death, but more often, they save lives. Defensive gun use deters crime and reduces injury and death, according to the latest CDC study commissioned by Obama. Even the CACP understood that before politics & kick-backs became irresistible.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1379733230.860548.jpg

As long as we remain defenceless & vulnerable, we'll always have many decent people who are injured or killed.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1379733416.551909.jpg

Yeah, gun free zones are like that and worse.

Last edited:
Lol at the same pro (American style) gun arguments that hold no water. 42% of Americans believe in the second coming. They are loonies with just this statistic....easily armed loonies worry me.

Alcohol, cigarettes, and unhealthy food kill more people. So do swimming pools and cars actually.

So for the good of society, those should be banned too. People who like those things will just have to suffer.... It's for our greater good.

And yet three times as many people die in motorcycle accidents even though if you tripled the number of motorcycle riders, you'd begin to approach the number of gun owners. If your goal is making the world a safer place and saving lives, give up your bike. It will be A LOT more effective.

Why do you guys insist talking like this? On one hand youz make decent arguements for guns, then trot out this tired claptrap.
Necessity being the mother of invention, guns and all other weapons were invented for only one reason. Is it so stupid to wonder what kind of world it would be without gun factories?
Transportation, swimming pools or even highrise condos with balconies were'nt invented first and foremost to kill. There is a difference.

1) There are more small arms in the hands of sporting users by a LARGE margin than militaries, police services and gangs. Most guns in the world are used to punch holes in paper, protect livestocks or put food on the table
2) Many Canadians use guns to make a living, directly or indirectly. I slept like a baby in bush camps knowing there was a guy armed with a gun, paid to deal with any large predators. Also, may Canadians hunt for a living or use guns to protect their farms. The social cost of banning guns in Canada would be A LOT greater than those 70-80 lives per year (mostly suicides and gangbangers)

Well its not about making the world safer... Its about removing items in this case weapons that are used to assault people..

If it is just about making the world safe we would all sit on our house in bubble wrap.

And i hear what u say about people using weapons to make a living. People use weapons to survive in the wild i hear all that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom