Summer Solstice Route - Muskoka, Algonquin, Calabogie | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Summer Solstice Route - Muskoka, Algonquin, Calabogie

I hate you all...I want to go too but am stuck out west! Good luck on the ride and be safe. Looking forward to an update.

On what bike? Did you pick one up or your 21 speed?

I was out today for a little bit. Hwy 60 in Huntsville and east is under construction. I'm not sure how far it extends as I turned around and went home.

I just got back from the calabogie area, rode hwy 509 and buckshot lake rd. There is some construction on the part of hwy 28 just east of hwy 514, only 1 lane open and they are flagging traffic through. Also discovered a new road today: Matawatchan rd, goes from buckshot lake rd to hwy 65.

Glad we are not going today ...hopefully Tstorms will clear the area of humidity but 32 in Bancroft! :eek: ....summer jacket for sure. Tropical Australia weather, get wet, dry off in the wind forget the rain gear. No wind is nice.
Screen Shot 2020-06-19 at Jun, 19    2020    10.19.21 AM.jpg

I saw thunderstorms for Bancroft being reported but that was yesterday weather report. Looks like they changed their minds :)

My jacket is not a mesh jacket :(
If you want eggs for lunch. Just give them to me I’ll cook them for you in my pockets. ?

(Need to borrow a mesh jacket for tomorrow )

5’6. 180 lbs

usually I’m a medium or large depending

the one I am looking at is a special order at GP. Need to order before next ride

1592577606052.png

Last edited:
Well mine is older, so not as fresh as that one, but if you want to borrow it, I can bring it with me. There's no rips or tears and I only use it for shorter hot rides because I have a better jacket for the longer distance stuff. Just let me know.

somewhat improved forecast for tomorrow - 28 not so bad and looks like Tstorms not going to develop. That a high pressure system again with no wind ...pretty sweet
Screen Shot 2020-06-19 at Jun, 19    2020    4.54.25 PM.jpg

33 back in Mississauga ...traffic is soooooo bad on the major routes ....glad we got away early.
118 coming back across was wonderful. Now can I do that 6 days in a row to get to Pickle Lake and back .....:unsure:
I could have taken a break as there is loads of daylight left ...that RDL seat sure would be nice.
Screen Shot 2020-06-20 at Jun, 20    2020    3.05.02 PM.jpg

Last edited:
Well thats in the bag. Thanks Shane - nothing like an 1100 km run to blow the rust off a long break.

Big thanks to @shanekingsley for organizing this, as well as the others for joining us.

I managed with 934 kms at the end of it.
Great run and it was a blast.

Hope to do it again.
Does a summer solstice happen once a year only? ;)

Well thats in the bag. Thanks Shane - nothing like an 1100 km run to blow the rust off a long break.
I forgot to note it was nice to go on a group ride that respected the HTA.

When I got to Huntsville I decided to head north and see what happens. Ended up doing almost the entire route and only had to make two small changes. Left the house at 5:15am and arrived back home at 10pm, which is about an hour more than I had planned. Overall just under 17hrs and 1350km. Highlights were riding Old Barry's Bay Road and the Hurdville/McDougall Road combo.
Nice riding with you all today!

On the way to Calabogie along Centennial Lake Rd @ Matawachan Rd.
IMG_3376-4K.jpg

Enjoying a beautiful view in Algonquin Park
IMG_3379-4K.jpg

Reconnecting with an old friend
IMG_3380-4K.jpg

The Torrance Barrens was packed with people coming out to watch the night sky on the Summer Solstice.
IMG_3383-4K.jpg

Sunrise to sunset.
IMG_3384-X5.jpg

Last edited:
I believe I passed you guys going the opposite direction, anyone notice a white T7? I saw the black V-Strom, a GS1250/1200, and 2 other bikes that zoomed by quick lol, I think close to hwy 28

I'm sure it was you guys, I ended up doing a similar ride, however spent a night at a friends house in Ottawa and then rode back today, didn't have any Sat or Sun plans so split it up. I still have to do screaming heads, maybe next weekend :)

Back
Top Bottom