Stupidly overpriced motorcycle for sale thread | Page 319 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Stupidly overpriced motorcycle for sale thread

I was out one time with a guy I really trust, in a boat he knew very well. At 82 mph, he took his hands off the wheel and we just gently chine walked a half dozen times before he grabbed the wheel again and gave it the beans. The hairiness rapidly increased from that point. Capped out around 92 but he was working really hard to hold on to it. The boat had nothing left at that point but even if you did manage to get more power, there is only so fast you can go at 21'.

I love it. I grew up around hydrostreams, chargers etc so I’m pretty comfortable with them but they are certainly sketchy. Key word you used was trust, getting spit out of one of these things is a very real possibility.

I had a 27’ Fountain for a few years. Looked cool sounded cool but didn’t give the rush that the little boats do. Still not bad at a 70mph boat but acceleration was only okay.

Would love to go for a blast in a little tunnel hull like a stv euro one day. Never had the chance. Pretty sure I want nothing to do with the big block v bottom drag boats though. Scary deal those are.

I love it. I grew up around hydrostreams, chargers etc so I’m pretty comfortable with them but they are certainly sketchy. Key word you used was trust, getting spit out of one of these things is a very real possibility.

I had a 27’ Fountain for a few years. Looked cool sounded cool but didn’t give the rush that the little boats do. Still not bad at a 70mph boat but acceleration was only okay.

Would love to go for a blast in a little tunnel hull like a stv euro one day. Never had the chance. Pretty sure I want nothing to do with the big block v bottom drag boats though. Scary deal those are.
A guy at the inlaws cottage has an STV tunnel and STV v bottom. He is a dbag. Everybody on the lake hates him. Obviously they are obnoxiously loud (surface piercing props) and quite fast (although he is short of either stones or skill to really give them the beans). The worst part is you will be in a narrow connection between two lakes (like 20' clear between submerged rocks) in a no wake zone and dbag will scream past you at 50 mph.

I've never been in a big go-fast boat, just bass boats and ski boats. I was in a floating condo (~52') at 40 mph before but that was decidely meh. That did not interest me at all.

Last summer I saw a nice Skater 3312 heading up the 400 that looked pretty fast. Frig me it is good for 140 to 160 mph. I don't know how you use that remotely safely on Simcoe (which is where I assume it was heading).

A guy at the inlaws cottage has an STV tunnel and STV v bottom. He is a dbag. Everybody on the lake hates him. Obviously they are obnoxiously loud (surface piercing props) and quite fast (although he is short of either stones or skill to really give them the beans). The worst part is you will be in a narrow connection between two lakes (like 20' clear between submerged rocks) in a no wake zone and dbag will scream past you at 50 mph.

I've never been in a big go-fast boat, just bass boats and ski boats. I was in a floating condo (~52') at 40 mph before but that was decidely meh. That did not interest me at all.

Last summer I saw a nice Skater 3312 heading up the 400 that looked pretty fast. Frig me it is good for 140 to 160 mph. I don't know how you use that remotely safely on Simcoe (which is where I assume it was heading).

Most guys that own fast boats kind of are d-bags. Best to run them Monday to Friday. On the weekend make one or two passes of the lake and then shut it down. Same with jet skis and tubers/skiers hanging out in one spot. Keep it moving.

I don’t really have a ton of interest in the over 35’-40’ boats. I just want to go out for a good hard run and then come back to the dock.

I’ve never really done much boating on Simcoe. There is for sure some fast stuff on that lake though. I think a few members of Leibel family have some Skaters on Simcoe. Very possible it was heading to Georgian Bay. LOTS of very serious go fast boats are running out of the Midland/Penetanguishene area and head out to the Islands. It’s wild how much money can be floating around out there at any given time.

Haha how did we get onto boats!? My wife and I are toying with the idea of a small boat as a family thing...but we're not big boaters traditionally so it probably doesn't make financial sense...

B-reak
O-ut
A-nother
T-housand

Is these such a thing as an economical boat? Will the Odyssey pull it? Questions I need to seriously consider...but I doubt we'll get one. Maybe if the family cottage was on water...it would make more sense.

Haha how did we get onto boats!? My wife and I are toying with the idea of a small boat as a family thing...but we're not big boaters traditionally so it probably doesn't make financial sense...

B-reak
O-ut
A-nother
T-housand

Is these such a thing as an economical boat? Will the Odyssey pull it? Questions I need to seriously consider...but I doubt we'll get one. Maybe if the family cottage was on water...it would make more sense.
We have about the smallest boat that is family friendly. A 13.5' aluminum with bench seats, a flat floor, a live well and a 30hp. Any vehicle can tow it. It can tow wakeboard or knee board without much trouble. A kid in a tube works but it cant pull an adult out. I have waterskiid behind it to prove that it could be done, but it wasnt ideal (waterline in front of the boot). It would pull a kid on skiis. We bought it for $4000. I put a four blade prop on it for better launch and otherwise just gas, gear oil and the occasional impeller. Insurance is $200 a year. Pretty economical.

The one thing I will say about boats. Try to get one with the max plated power. Companies like legend are famous for selling boats plated for 135 with a 40 and it can barely get out of it's own way with one person in it. Often they cant plane with the family aboard. It just makes for a cheap but miserable experience. If you can only afford a 40 that's fine, buy a 14', not a 17'.

Hydrosteam have been customers of mine for years , I really like those guys. However the designs are getting pretty dated . The italians are killing it right now with multi step tunnels that 'fool' the waterline.
I test drove one of the new 50hp electric outboards last year in Annapolis, hate to say it, its the future.

I hate boats , there is no organized racing this year, cant social distance with somebodies ass in your face, we've made the decision the big boat will sit in the yard and not launch, the 30 is in, dog and i can day sail, the 24 still has an undetermined fate..... stupidest sport ever. Who wants to buy a boat?

B-reak
O-ut
A-nother
T-housand

Good suggestions from @GreyGhost I would stick with something like that or just rent one 2-3 times a year.

Not $4000 boats. Well, I am sure you could buy part of them for $4000, like a part of the rudder. The rudders on the tornado were ~$8000.

when Tornados lost Olympic status I bought a whole boat on a 50degree trailer for $3,600 .00 LOL . My last Star class was $78,000US new,, what a dumb investment. It lost Olympic status and was worth 10k 5 yrs later.
The big boat sail inventory on the other hand was in excess of 100k , which won't even get raced this yr. The lines to pull on the sails are $500 ea. and some idiot drops one overboard every yr. Usually me.

Back to bikes, Dude at a store I passed today had a Sportster very trimmed out, wanted 16K . For a pretty old sportster. It was an "83 , he said it was rare. Yes indeed, rare like herpes in Niagara Falls

I’ve still got a part of me wants to try a cruiser (not the rebel) and the Sportster and Shadow 750RS are at the top of the list.

sportsters are just stupidly expensive.

Only 4k for this '01 KDX 220. Can be sold without the rare bolt ons.

after trying to teach my girlfriend to ride I don't know if lady ridden is a good thing or bad. My poor clutch.

IAwJO6C.jpg

Back
Top Bottom