Stupidly overpriced motorcycle for sale thread | Page 317 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Stupidly overpriced motorcycle for sale thread

54 hp, beat hard with the ugly stick and $15,000? holy hell. That's a honda that's even hard for Sunny to love. Honestly, who is their target market on that thing?

and a curb weight of close to 562lbs! That's a horrible power to weight ratio, not sure what Honda was thinking. The CB500X was under 430lbs, hitting 50hp. With a passenger or even light touring kit, it was sluggish, can only imagine what that NM4 will be like

and a curb weight of close to 562lbs! That's a horrible power to weight ratio, not sure what Honda was thinking. The CB500X was under 430lbs, hitting 50hp. With a passenger or even light touring kit, it was sluggish, can only imagine what that NM4 will be like
That was what I was thinking too. Similar power to CB500, way more weight, way way more money. Even at even money to a CB500, I would very very likely pick the CB.

I've always hated that stupid efficiency engine. I don't care if my bike gets 100 mpg. I want it fun. I want it to rev. At least with the DCT, the redline of a truck (6000 rpm max at 670 cc rounded up by marketers to 750) will be less noticeable than if you are shifting yourself.

And way way more ugly! I can honestly say I've never seen one on the road.
And you'd remember seeing that thing.

Did you see the saddlebags? They look to be a decent size and then you realize that they fit a six-pack and not much more.

web-WING1018.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, this thing hasn't moved in years. Bet you it's still in the same spot it was the first time I saw it 3 years ago.
Ready Honda had the same situation with an orange 2007 Varadero. Back in 2012 or so, my friend asked if there was wiggle room on the sticker price and all the offered him was $500 off!

I wonder how fuel efficient it is with all that weight and plastics that add drag, esp with a low power engine that will need more revs rung out. I sat on one in Ottawa when I first saw it 3 years back, thought it was a concept or something. Not sure why someone would get this over a used Goldwing

I wonder how fuel efficient it is with all that weight and plastics that add drag, esp with a low power engine that will need more revs rung out. I sat on one in Ottawa when I first saw it 3 years back, thought it was a concept or something. Not sure why someone would get this over a used Goldwing
Over 100 mpg on the guessometer at 45 mph. Quite remarkable really but it would be much better suited to a smart car form factor than a bike.

CBR125r $1000 says all it needs is the gears fixed.
It's had the wiring replaced, the wife money shifted it (probably, it's hard to blow up a clutch with a bad shift) and it has a rear knobby. What did that poor bike do in a past life to get treated like that.

EDIT:
That guy has a whole driveway worth of crap that he is selling.
I have a honda civic thats in really good shape,even come with a 12 disc CD changer we have stored it in the garage it's in great shape...needs alt,and belt have both of them in the trunk asking 1000 or best offer great for your first car or just a daily driver.

So it needs a stearing pump and the interior isnt to pretty,but ill take 800 or best offer for it,its is what it is,and on the right side a small dent needs to be banged out,anyways im willing to take offers. \

Go kart frame. Its just a frame,but its in perfect condition, needs wheels and the motor,thats it,im asking 400 or best offer,i just need it gone. (GG-and driveshaft and steering and a seat and pedals and pretty much everything)

Last edited:
my favorite part about that GSX-R is the giant youtube self promotion on the side. I was expecting to find a pile of stunt videos where the bike is getting thrashed yet the only one is a video of the guy barely able to get the front wheel up LOL.

(might need a new clutch)

my favorite part about that GSX-R is the giant youtube self promotion on the side. I was expecting to find a pile of stunt videos where the bike is getting thrashed yet the only one is a video of the guy barely able to get the front wheel up LOL.

At 7 seconds in they cut the shot just before he falls over...wondering if that was when the muffler got trashed

Ouch. Painful. Also plan on head bearings and some fork love. It was coming down hard.

54 hp, beat hard with the ugly stick and $15,000? holy hell. That's a honda that's even hard for Sunny to love. Honestly, who is their target market on that thing?
Batman?

In the states, but they want $12,000 USD for a Grom. A Grom with a 345 cc two-stroke making 60 hp though. @Evoex

In the states, but they want $12,000 USD for a Grom. A Grom with a 345 cc two-stroke making 60 hp though. @Evoex

I have a few buddies looking for groms with blown engines so they can do 300cc+ swaps into them. Good luck, it's like $700 at most for a new engine, plus HONDA lol.

I believe the current record is panigale swap that's been accomplished a few times.

I have a few buddies looking for groms with blown engines so they can do 300cc+ swaps into them. Good luck, it's like $700 at most for a new engine, plus HONDA lol.

I believe the current record is panigale swap that's been accomplished a few times.

fd4be5a6e3f65a85de6c45cb8140775a.jpg

Few reason why its too high, even for those pricey upgrades.

1. Its a 2013 model, first few with valve issues, and you can get a 2019 OTD for that, which has improved vastly over this.
2. Even if its a Rally Raid kit, he/she just put another 17" wheel upfront, with the sad fact that now it's a tube tyre, vs the stock tubeless. No one has managed to dent the stock alloys atm, it's not a Rally bike to start, ground clearance is the biggest issue, of which, they didn't do the main upgrade, a solid Rally raid Skid plate, so they did NOT do a complete RR kit a stated.

There have been a few 2016 Models with the 19" RR wheels sold for around $7.5k, this bike is $6.5k tops IMO, even then I'd get a 2019, people want the value of what they paid without adding depreciation or what the new models bring

Back
Top Bottom