Stupidly overpriced motorcycle for sale thread | Page 316 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Stupidly overpriced motorcycle for sale thread

It is often wiser to obtain an ins. quote PRIOR to buying a new vehicle to make sure that the premiums are affordable

Very true, I failed to do that just this past week, bought a great bike on a whim or otherwise it would be gone. Then I called my insurance to insure it. They never quoted me a quote, I'm prepared to pay whatever it is for this bike for insurance. But it's not a supersports so I'm not worried.

FULL MOTO JACKET must be talking about some 1300cc super-sports.

WTF happened, the frame is absolutely shattered. T-boned? Would that even be enough?

I don't think it was hit, I think it hit something, on the front left.
The top, at least, triple is smashed, and the steering head is pushed to the right, and the frame is broke on the right side, above the clutch.
My guess is this bike slammed into the side of a car, while trying to turn right.

I'm try to get in touch with the seller.
I DEFINITELY see $500 in those wheels, brakes and swing arm.

FULL MOTO JACKET must be talking about some 1300cc super-sports.

Nope. Called last month to get the temp. Covid discount on my truck. Asked for a quote on a 05 CBR600RR to compare the price against my (similar displacement) bike. It's on their restricted list. Too many Rs in the model name, apparently.

I don't think it was hit, I think it hit something, on the front left.
The top, at least, triple is smashed, and the steering head is pushed to the right, and the frame is broke on the right side, above the clutch.
My guess is this bike slammed into the side of a car, while trying to turn right.

I'm try to get in touch with the seller.
I DEFINITELY see $500 in those wheels, brakes and swing arm.
Oh yeah, I forgot about desirable those are for SSSA conversions

8k for a 2015 CB500X....

I think this guy/girl was trying to sell it last year for 9K. I don't know what more sad, the asking price or the fact they paid close to 12k for a CB500X with those farkles. All the other bits and bobs are minor in price, a cable harness, plastic handguards with no back bone etc... They seem to be charging over $4k for the luggage then, on a bike that's worth less than $4.5k

I think this guy/girl was trying to sell it last year for 9K. I don't know what more sad, the asking price or the fact they paid close to 12k for a CB500X with those farkles. All the other bits and bobs are minor in price, a cable harness, plastic handguards with no back bone etc... They seem to be charging over $4k for the luggage then, on a bike that's worth less than $4.5k
Agreed. As @MacDoc recommended to you, they're probably better off taking everything off the bike and selling them separately to try and recoup some costs.

Not a motorcycle, but it deserves an honorable mention. 2011 Polaris Rzr for $119,000 at a dealership in Belleville.

Did they possibly add an extra 0 to the price? Cause that's insane...unless I have completely zero idea on WTF I'm talking about.

Did they possibly add an extra 0 to the price? Cause that's insane...unless I have completely zero idea on WTF I'm talking about.
You'd think, but the ad has been up since at least march. I would think they either got a lot of messages mentioning meth or crack and/or no action at all and would investigate why. It sounds like it has had a lot of work done to it but wtf. For $119,000 there are literally thousands of vehicles I would get before this one.

You'd think, but the ad has been up since at least march. I would think they either got a lot of messages mentioning meth or crack and/or no action at all and would investigate why. It sounds like it has had a lot of work done to it but wtf. For $119,000 there are literally thousands of vehicles I would get before this one.
Yup....a recent version of the Viper would be in my garage before that thing. Ad states it was built by Kreater Customs...if it's the guys from Etobicoke, now Mississauga...the price makes more sense I guess. Their stuff ain't cheap.

Yup....a recent version of the Viper would be in my garage before that thing. Ad states it was built by Kreater Customs...if it's the guys from Etobicoke, now Mississauga...the price makes more sense I guess. Their stuff ain't cheap.
As with almost anything custom, it costs the moon for the original owner to get it done and is worth not much more than the stock vehicle to owner number two (and often actually worth less than the stock vehicle if people dislike your choices). Basically you pay your money and enjoy the ride but expect to keep it forever or you will be very disappointed.

As with almost anything custom, it costs the moon for the original owner to get it done and is worth not much more than the stock vehicle to owner number two (and often actually worth less than the stock vehicle if people dislike your choices). Basically you pay your money and enjoy the ride but expect to keep it forever or you will be very disappointed.
But it’s custom! CUSTOM dammit! LoL

I agree with all you say in all seriousness.

jesus. You could get a pre-runner truck built up for that price. pretty sure even BJ baldwins don't cost that much

Back
Top Bottom