Stupidly overpriced motorcycle for sale thread | Page 314 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Stupidly overpriced motorcycle for sale thread

2003 Ninja 500 only a small dent in frame.
I was wondering how they got that big a dent, then I read the description. Another victim of frame sliders. Has anyone had a crash with sliders where they didn't magnify the damage? At anything above walking speed they turn a small bit of cosmetic damage into either frame damage or a tumbling bike.

Someone how doesn’t understand the MTO rules ?
As it's a borden address, he should ask for a transfer to a province where that bike is worth something. Hole in the oil pan would have me very nervous that it is a garbage engine in a garbage frame.

I was wondering how they got that big a dent, then I read the description. Another victim of frame sliders. Has anyone had a crash with sliders where they didn't magnify the damage? At anything above walking speed they turn a small bit of cosmetic damage into either frame damage or a tumbling bike.

I bought a GS500 that just sheered the bolt off. Long engine mount one that bent and a ***** to get out.

Someone how doesn’t understand the MTO rules ?

I could be wrong, but I swear you can get a rebuilt title for an in-province bike. Only out of province bikes are banned.

Even if that's the case. That bike in perfect shape is worth $2000-2500? This particular bike? $100...

I could be wrong, but I swear you can get a rebuilt title for an in-province bike. Only out of province bikes are banned.

Even if that's the case. That bike in perfect shape is worth $2000-2500? This particular bike? $100...
I think that was possibly but change long ago.

I think that was possibly but change long ago.

You're right, irreparable is irreparable forever. Can never be put back on the road in Ontario.

Was thinking of bikes with a salvage or rebuilt title

What a pile. I dont think they will respond well if someone offers them a trade in equivalent condition. I sure as hell wouldnt be on the road or on the water with steaming turds like that.

2000 GSXR600 $3000 or trade

View attachment 43089

Seen a few bikes with them at trackdays end up with a lot of damage. They are designed to protect your bodywork in the event of a parking lot tipover, not an 80kmh lowside. Bodywork is cheap.

Seen a few bikes with them at trackdays end up with a lot of damage. They are designed to protect your bodywork in the event of a parking lot tipover, not an 80kmh lowside. Bodywork is cheap.
They really should be closer to a pipe than a skateboard wheel. It wont look as good though and it will make it obvious what they can and cant do. Right now they look like they will work in a slide as they are grossly oversized for a tipover.

Two lowsides i saw resulted in broken engine cases. The sliders were mounted to the engine mount bolt (trellis frame) and the force was transmitted to the frame and engine case.
Another spill had the slider catch the turtles, flipping the bike and ended up with bent front end and steering head.

Two lowsides i saw resulted in broken engine cases. The sliders were mounted to the engine mount bolt (trellis frame) and the force was transmitted to the frame and engine case.
Another spill had the slider catch the turtles, flipping the bike and ended up with bent front end and steering head.

Had to google what turtles you meant, cause I pictured actual tiny turtles running across the track, now that's one hella of a ninja turtle move

Super-Mario-Bros-Teenage-Mutant-Ninja-Turtles-Thats-Him-Dad-Meme.jpg

Must be all those Italian bikes at the track causing havoc

Not a motorcycle, but motorcycle related.
These stands are $120ish dollars for the set on Amazon, seller says they retail for $649.

f36cb48964aef29586f18b75fd1683c5.jpg
The ad having two different prices almost 100% different is just the icing on the cake.

Not a motorcycle, but motorcycle related.
These stands are $120ish dollars for the set on Amazon, seller says they retail for $649.

f36cb48964aef29586f18b75fd1683c5.jpg
$104.99 at Kapsco.

Back
Top Bottom