Stupidly overpriced motorcycle for sale thread | Page 354 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Stupidly overpriced motorcycle for sale thread

1990 Radian 600 $1000 "Bike ran when parked it behind barn 4 years ago. No ownership"

Damn...

My first bike was a Radian, I would easily pay $1k for a clean Radian. That bike, I would hesitate paying $50 for.

Madness in the UK.

Yamaha RD350LC UK bike | eBay

Yamaha RD350LC 1981 | eBay

They are nice examples but prices are crazy. These were originally $1500 Bikes.

The blue one looks strange though. I’m not convinced it’s original. The forks look polished as they did not come like that from the factory. It’s definitely had work done
Well. The blue one sold for 17,802 pounds sterling. That’s $31,500 CDN.

Last edited:
1986 HONDA CX 650 TURBO. 700 MILES FROM NEW. STUNNING ORIGINAL GENUINE UK BIKE | eBay

I always thought these were nice in a fugly sort of way. My friend has a 500 with around 150k on it and it never let him down. Started every time he hit the button and there was virtually no maintainence performed on it.

Still, $35k CDN???
Nice one. I loved this line from the ad:
"SUZUKIS EFFORT, THE XN85, A BIKE I HAD BRAND NEW IN I THINK, 1983 WAS A GREAT LOOKER BUT WOULDN'T PULL A HEN OFF THE NEST".

Dirt bike with an ownership? It’s the blue plate tax.

It still goes under regular motorcycle insurance. Also has a small front wheel, would be a PIA finding knobbies for it other than TKC80's.

There are a small percentage of blue plate dirt bikes, that fall under the motocross category, and blue plate. I know a friend with a TE250, paying 90/Yr. I just gota 250XCF-W, also, 90/Yr, both blue plated.

Broker said bikes like the CRF-L, WR-R, etc are still looked at as motorcycles/dual-sports

This one's got me stumped....do I put it here...or the reasonable thread....

I know typically mods don't add much value, but how much do you account for a good mod like this?

I know typically mods don't add much value, but how much do you account for a good mod like this?
Rally raid looks like fun, but that price is creeping up within striking distance of a T7 (if you could find one). If I am buying a 500, I want it cheap. If I am spending a bunch, the T7 seems better to me.

EDIT:
Who had the awesome looking beige 500X and switched to T7? Someone here, @ScorpionT16 maybe? IIRC they were selling around 5K. No doubt the rally raid improves functionality but adding 60% to the price means it needs a special buyer.

I take it those arent factory mods, who knows how they were installed

Its getting close to in price to the T7 as mentioned above, which is wayyyy better
you could also get some nice used and more capable ADV bikes in that price range that would be better in every way(used KTMs come to mind, also some bmw's)

EDIT:
Who had the awesome looking beige 500X and switched to T7? Someone here. IIRC they were selling around 5K. No doubt the rally raid improves functionality but adding 60% to the price means it needs a special buyer.
I believe it was @ScorpionT16

Better to just get a 2019+ Model, it comes with the 19" front wheel, is already taller from factory, has a nicer TFT display and has a slipper clutch. Once those came out, the only valid RR mod is perhaps the suspension. No one has managed to dent or bend the stock alloy wheels, and the bike, even raised, imo isn't built to go that rough to dent them. That price is about $1.5k too high imo...

I wouldn't say it nearing T7 price category, OTD the T7 was around $14.2k. The T7 is also much taller. A lot like the CBX for it height, and great gas milage. I'd also say, it's cheaper to maintain and mod. T7 parts are going for quite a premium.

Back
Top Bottom