Stupidly overpriced motorcycle for sale thread | Page 344 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Stupidly overpriced motorcycle for sale thread

The answer is more complicated on modern cars (especially turbo cars). Many are basically running autotune from the factory so while they only require regular, if you give them a few tanks of premium, they pull some timing, up the boost a bit and make more power. For me, not enough more to bother paying for premium, but for the premium only crowd at least there can be some benefit now.

I would whole heartedly agree with this. The conversations I speak of occurred 10+ years ago. There are a lot more turbo vehicles etc now. If a manufacturer says to use premium you probably should. If they do not, you’d be wasting your money.

Regardless, you aren’t feeling the power difference. Most car’s computers will dial it back to prevent damage and the butt-o-meter isn’t good enough tell.

Jumping back on topic... I find every used dirt bike to be stupidly overpriced these days. Maybe I’m just out of the loop ?‍♂️

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

Motorcycle sales are up.It reflects in the used market.

You were right. It's not worth 65k, it's up to $100,000 with 3 hrs to go!
Holy tamoley. That green paint sure is valuable. Wonder how much that Paul Smart special edition bike from a few years ago added to the mystique...

@bitzz called it when he said this:
price is actually almost (subjectively) reasonable... but prices are up. This could get stupid

If this is an indicator, the boomer collector market isn't done yet. That Carroll Shelby Cobra might set records...

You were right. It's not worth 65k, it's up to $100,000 with 3 hrs to go!
There have been a lot of different bidders in the interim as well. This isn't just two people that have to have it. The guy currently winning has bought (among other things) a GT3 and 430 and seats for an F40 in the past few months. This is just pocket change.

EDIT:
The conversation on that page is gold. Lots of cool information there. Seller posted pics of Guy Martin (in Quebec) starting the bike for the first time.

Huh?!?!? Is that not a very good price? What the heck did the seller think it was worth
The comments seem evenly divided between thinking the seller was on crack setting the reserve that high and no surprise expecting that it is worth 200 to 250 based on past auctions.

Back
Top Bottom