Stupidly overpriced motorcycle for sale thread | Page 342 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Stupidly overpriced motorcycle for sale thread

My new bike will have a carb :| fuel is going to be very expensive. Even my wife figured that out already.

The upside to carbs is you can do something with them for little to no money. With factory FI, you are pretty much SOL if it doesn't work exactly as you want unless you spend quite a bit on an additional computer.
Which is one reason i got rid of the Ossa.Worked awesome when setup properly (very time consuming) with the factory cables,battery,software and laptop.All of which should have been supplied with the purchase of the bike,or made easily obtainable and affordable.

Does it need fancy fuel or you just plan on riding it whenever you are awake?
Both :cool:
50-50 race/high test pump plus expensive 2-smoke oils
I want to get so use to riding it that it feels like my left ***.

... reminds me of my buddy when he was selling his Beta, the buyer wanted to know how many hours were on it and he replied as many as physically possible.

Both :cool:
50-50 race/high test pump plus expensive 2-smoke oils
I want to get so use to riding it that it feels like my left ***.
Interesting, do they come from the factory requiring race fuel or are you turning the screws a bit? At least it's a tiny engine making very little hp most of the time.

Interesting, do they come from the factory requiring race fuel or are you turning the screws a bit? At least it's a tiny engine making very little hp most of the time.
When you open the tank on a new race bike from Spain, you can still smell the unmistakable smell of race fuel in it.

Tiny engine with very little horsepower :LOL: want to try it? you might change your mind on that part.

Do what ever floats your boat.But high octane fuel in an engine that doesn't have really high compression is just a waste of money.What does the manual say?

When you open the tank on a new race bike from Spain, you can still smell the unmistakable smell of race fuel in it.

Tiny engine with very little horsepower :LOL: want to try it? you might change your mind on that part.
I didn't say it didn't have a bunch to give, you are just using it in squirts. It's not like a track bike where you are averaging 100 hp for an hour. You are using seconds at full power, then a while at idle while you set yourself up, then another squeeze at full power.

The upside to carbs is you can do something with them for little to no money. With factory FI, you are pretty much SOL if it doesn't work exactly as you want unless you spend quite a bit on an additional computer.

I do wish I had the patience for carbs, I just have a poor stigma towards them. FI on the modern Japanese bikes I've had just works, no fiddling, issues in cold, starting, maintenance, cleaning, etc... I'm looking at some dual sport/dirt bikes for next year, and a lot in my price range have carbs, so I may just have to bite the bullet

First off :sneaky: it's not a low compression engine and secondly when you pre-mix gasoline with oil you lower the octane. Beyond that I know my engine will run cooler and stay cleaner throughout. Ya know race fuel IS pretty much paint thinner.

The carburetor needs to operate 100% throughout the rev range and not load up under low speed operation.
:) seconds at full power does sound like fun, you must be doing some serious elevation change (y)

I do wish I had the patience for carbs, I just have a poor stigma towards them. FI on the modern Japanese bikes I've had just works, no fiddling, issues in cold, starting, maintenance, cleaning, etc... I'm looking at some dual sport/dirt bikes for next year, and a lot in my price range have carbs, so I may just have to bite the bullet
When starting my K75 below -5 you had to pull the plugs and heat them with a torch to get it to fire. I did as much as I could without loading the parts cannon and never could track down why. In the trunk was an allen key, spark plug wrench and butane torch. A cold start would take me a couple minutes but it would fire everytime with hot plugs.

First off :sneaky: it's not a low compression engine and secondly when you pre-mix gasoline with oil you lower the octane. Beyond that I know my engine will run cooler and stay cleaner throughout. Ya know race fuel IS pretty much paint thinner.

The carburetor needs to operate 100% throughout the rev range and not load up under low speed operation.
Good to hear that you everything.

It's not my first 2-stroke race bike, been doing it for a little while that's all. Fess up, you've been to a trial and smelled the race fuel or seen the VP cans in the pits before.

Ya. It smells neat. Unless you have modified your stock engine, it won't detonate. Lots of people run Sunoco 94 in their cars too.
What does the manual say?

I'm in the camp that is afraid of carbs... I've only owned FI bikes, and there are a lot of bikes that I admire that have carbs, so I just stay away.

When I started riding a friend of mine got a carbed bike, it didn't run for 2 seasons, he gave up fiddling with it and just got out of riding lol

What scares you away from carbs? Other than being a little more finicky on cold starts as long as they are in good working order they shouldn’t give issues.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

Ya. It smells neat. Unless you have modified your stock engine, it won't detonate. Lots of people run Sunoco 94 in their cars too.
What does the manual say?
El motor se ha rediseñado completamente, con la finalidad de albergar los nuevos cárteres fundidos en inyección de aluminio, mejorando substancialmente los acabados y consiguiendo un mejor comportamiento a bajo régimen aumentando la compresión.

Petrol 2.3L 98 2T oil 1.0%

like I say, you don't buy 98 at the pump,
unless you go to the race track and show them your competition license so they pump it for you.

Last edited:
Yeah, but that's probably RON because Europe and equivalent to NA 93 ((RON+MON)/2). Run it if you want, but I suspect you are fine on good ethanol free premium.
um, I buy race fuel along with another rider to save on costs, trust me, it works noticeably better then any pump gas on its own.
That's not my personal opinion that is very much a general consensus among lots and lots of riders.

Back
Top Bottom