Stupidly overpriced motorcycle for sale thread | Page 322 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Stupidly overpriced motorcycle for sale thread

Two ads for same bike. Three very different prices. He also thinks he has a VFR800 not the CBR600 in the pics. Do love the repsol paint schemes.

1593789813993.jpeg

At least twice the actual value?

2009 Yamaha V-Star Classic 650,

Price: $ 9,000
Even 4500 for an 11 year old vstar 650 seems steep to me. I have ridden that bike (well an older version of it) and have very little good to say about it. Low seat height and decent on insurance are probably the high points because engine, brakes, suspension and comfort sure aren't.

Here is one - '00 GSX750 Katana for $6500:

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com
Gold. He posted this image to justify his price. He priced based on the MSRP when new, not the current market value of ~1300.

$_59.JPG

I like how he included a picture of a gravel driveway oil change as a selling feature. Nothing inspires confidence that the bike has been properly wrenched on like oil bottles / tools tossed haphazardly and a Coors Light tool-bag.

also I don't think Royal Purple sells 4L jugs of max cycle (at least in stores). I've only ever seen it in quarts. Too expensive anyways, ran it for a while and you get basically the same performance out of Motul 5100 for half the price.

Gold. He posted this image to justify his price. He priced based on the MSRP when new, not the current market value of ~1300.

$_59.JPG
I'm guessing the 6500 includes the freight/pdi on top of the msrp of 6249?

I like how he included a picture of a gravel driveway oil change as a selling feature. Nothing inspires confidence that the bike has been properly wrenched on like oil bottles / tools tossed haphazardly and a Coors Light tool-bag.

In the real estate business they call that staging, make it look good for the potential buyer.

Some people use tool boxes, some people use cooler bags to keep their stuff together. Easier to dump it all on the driveway and find what you need. I'm wondering if the caulking gun I see in the corner was just in the bag or he used it to make the drain gasket?

I'm guessing the 6500 includes the freight/pdi on top of the msrp of 6249?

In the real estate business they call that staging, make it look good for the potential buyer.

Some people use tool boxes, some people use cooler bags to keep their stuff together. Easier to dump it all on the driveway and find what you need. I'm wondering if the caulking gun I see in the corner was just in the bag or he used it to make the drain gasket?
If oil pressure is a little low, a few squirts of caulking into the galleries should plug things up enough to get the pressure up. (Obviously partly kidding as I doubt it has an oil pressure gauge).

Super custom. Pic number two appears to be missing the entire exhaust.

$_59.PNG
Although the purple accents look nice

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

also I don't think Royal Purple sells 4L jugs of max cycle (at least in stores). I've only ever seen it in quarts. Too expensive anyways, ran it for a while and you get basically the same performance out of Motul 5100 for half the price.
My understanding is that like 90% of the driveways in Sudbury are gravel.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Even 4500 for an 11 year old vstar 650 seems steep to me. I have ridden that bike (well an older version of it) and have very little good to say about it. Low seat height and decent on insurance are probably the high points because engine, brakes, suspension and comfort sure aren't.
I've seen these locally for $2500-3000 with low miles and in good shape. This is a beginner bike, easy to ride, simple to maintain, and very durable. If you're a leisurely cruiser, this bike is touring capable.

2004 Ninja ZZR 250. Sitting 5 years needs work Quebec registration only $1200
Too sketchy for me. There is probably a good reason that it does not have an Ontario registration. If the seller got it switched to Ontario, the price may be ok.

Back
Top Bottom