Stupidly overpriced motorcycle for sale thread | Page 302 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Stupidly overpriced motorcycle for sale thread

Maico's are rare and pretty cool (to me at least, though I prefer the twin shock models), but he's probably 3k over-priced in this market.

There' not many places in Ontario to enjoy a 490 two stroke.

Absolutely a beast of a bike back in the day. Great to see one in great shape. I too like the dual rear shock bikes better, but the single shock/linkage was the new rech at the time.

I did business with that demographic for many years
there's more to the story than that

sure they get new cars and huge dough at weddings
but they are committed to the family business
huge hours and little salary, it all goes back into the company

it's baffling at first to mainga cakes

lol I'm not a mangiacake, I am the demographic I was referring to. I am quite familiar with the "more to the story than that" part.

To be clear I wasn't referring to the hard working people who deserve everything they have, I was referring to the spoiled brats that walk through life swinging their dads ***** and credit cards all over the place, never having actually worked for what they have.

the ad is trying so hard.
'RUNCOMPROMISING DYNAMICS'
if you're gonna scream something, at least make sure it's spelled right.
Why would you want to run compromising dynamics?!?

For 8 Grand you can have a bike and I quote "Not in road worthy condition, mechanically sound or maintained at any guaranteed level of quality. "

Someone massacred that poor grom, stretched it so it can't do anymore wheelies and the seller doesn't even know if it can be registered in it's butchered state.

Wide tires, stretched, suspect a bumble bee exhaust with the 125CC and probably slower than my corolla....
What a steal.

For 8 Grand you can have a bike and I quote "Not in road worthy condition, mechanically sound or maintained at any guaranteed level of quality. "

Someone massacred that poor grom, stretched it so it can't do anymore wheelies and the seller doesn't even know if it can be registered in it's butchered state.

Wide tires, stretched, suspect a bumble bee exhaust with the 125CC and probably slower than my corolla....
What a steal.

Wow, they've stretched the rear tire out enough that part of the profile is now concave (Picture 7 shows the rear looking a lot like a bell curve). I've never seen that before. Should handle great :/ /s

What a steal.

To be fair, thats just legal writing. All dealers put that when stuff is sold uncertified and dont want to do the work to safety it.
I think it's a pretty cleanly modded grom. Not everyone's cup of tea but would be right at home at a car meet not being ridden.
Definitely still overpriced, trying to pay for the mods + labour at this rate.

To be fair, thats just legal writing. All dealers put that when stuff is sold uncertified and dont want to do the work to safety it.
I think it's a pretty cleanly modded grom. Not everyone's cup of tea but would be right at home at a car meet not being ridden.
Definitely still overpriced, trying to pay for the mods + labour at this rate.

This. That is just legal jumbo dealers put in not saftied vehicle ads. Doesn't mean its true.

What a steal.

Is that my imagination or does pic 10/20 show a very rashed up muffler?

That might have been built by Daniel. Can't remember his gtam handle. He was selling them to rub's for a couple of years at a very good profit.

I'm not the biggest fan of stretching/lowering anything - but this is a very specific style (search up slammed ruckus for reference) they're more so show pieces and barely rideable on the street as it will scrape at a very moderate lean angle (see rash pics.) I've seen it in person and know what's gone into it. This isn't your average cheapo slammed grom with some ebay mods.

Those custom sized wheels, go ahead and search what those are worth. That headlight for example is $500 alone... Woodcraft rearsets, another $500+ there, Quality parts on it for sure. If you want to spend money in the Grom scene you certainly can. Not saying it will sell for that price or worth it since you'd have to find the perfect buyer that likely doesn't exist (half the fun is building it) - but theres a lot of money in it and it was done well for the style he was going for.

This. That is just legal jumbo dealers put in not saftied vehicle ads. Doesn't mean its true.

Yeah, but for $8K... they could just safety it. It's still a freaking Grom, how long would that inspection take

I think I posted the same grom on here awhile ago, it was privately listed for the same money.

I didn't realize how much could be done to a grom, searching around Google there are some crazy builds out there. Not even close to what I would own/ride but I appreciate what people put into those little bikes.

This one stood out for me, I can't decide if it's hideous or beautiful:
Screenshot_20200305-203815_Instagram.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom