Stocks | Page 87 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Stocks

TD trading platform down again Grr
Given the craptastic record of online platforms (either uptime or active manipulation of the markets), it may make sense to split a portfolio across multiple platforms once it exceeds a certain size. I'm not sure what that size is, you can probably make a reasonable argument that if you can maintain at least six figures in multiple brokerages it makes sense to do that. That should keep you out of maintenance fees and keep trades in the $10 or less range.

Given the craptastic record of online platforms (either uptime or active manipulation of the markets), it may make sense to split a portfolio across multiple platforms once it exceeds a certain size. I'm not sure what that size is, you can probably make a reasonable argument that if you can maintain at least six figures in multiple brokerages it makes sense to do that. That should keep you out of maintenance fees and keep trades in the $10 or less range.
I prefer one place to see everything but that makes sense.

Sent using a thumb maybe 2

I prefer one place to see everything but that makes sense.

I would prefer things in one place too but there have been too many instances of not being able to execute trades while the market was open. Spreading the money increases the management hassle but at least you should always have access to a large percentage of your invested money in case a move needs to be made.

Ya. Funny how people think that crypto is safe and secure lol.

It’s big whales moving money. Pump and dump!
Another few hundred million stolen from a crypto exchange. While investigation is ongoing, they have suspended all withdrawals. Great. Locking the door after the robbers have left and now I don't have access to my stuff. The spin is it was a small percentage of the assets under management but if that were true, why lock up the vast majority? I suspect further bad news is coming and the exchange won't be the one holding the bag they will probably leave users to take the hit.

Just going to wait it out everything up 6 percent today but still down 13 Percent from 3 weeks ago.

I guess I shouldn't have cancelled my aapl drip. I am overweight apple so I wanted to reduce it's relative importance but holy crap has it been on a rip lately. It was 150 at last dividend (Nov 12) and is now 175. That's a lot of movement for a high cap stock.

Pretty funny video from a youtube channel linked earlier. He goes through gambles that people made where the "investors" didn't know wtf was going on. One guy unknowingly borrowed $23M worth of shares in an account with $50K real dollars. The next morning, he was up $110K and didn't know what happened. The night before he was down $230K but didn't realize it.

Most of my securities are not DRIP eligible so I use DPP which is similar but broker side instead of security side. Company pays dividend and broker buys as many shares as possible with no fee from that money. That only buys whole shares.

I checked RY which is a DRIP. It is only buying whole shares. The bookkeeping they do is strange, I will need to look at it more to see what happens. I got a dividend in cash on Nov 24. On Nov 24, that dividend was removed as cash for reinvestment. On November 29, there was a buy for as many whole shares as possible out of that dividend. All good so far, that all makes sense. On Nov 29, there was then an entry for reinvestment that added the entire dividend back as cash. That one makes no sense, I think it should be dividend minus buy back as cash. Of course the investment account doesn't provide a running cash balance to see what is going on. Once quicken is updated I should be able to see what is happening.
Yup, super weird accounting going on in itrade.

Using fake numbers that scale to match my numbers for a recent Royal Bank dividend setup as DRIP.
Nov 24 Dividend $500
Nov 24 Held for Reinvestment -$500
Nov 29 Reinvestment 3@132.3885=-$398.66
Nov 29 Reinvestment $500 (this is cash added to the account).

So at the end of itrades accounting, I have an extra $500 and 3 shares. If I didn't do drip I would have had $500. What the everloving (*&^(*& is going on? I should have 3 shares and 101.34 cash. Enough time has passed that there should be no more entries for this.

Back
Top Bottom