Stocks | Page 14 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Stocks

CXV, I am in for the ride.... what the heck I have too much money anyways... I do not expect to be too long on this one.

When did you buy in?
IMO only. Hold on. And hold on some more. There's a **** load of holders in the upper $.20 range. Many will "cash out".
Buyout within 2 yrs is not out of the question. Thing is, where will the s/p be 2 yrs out? My guess: over $6.00. Buyout around $8.00 - $10.00?

I'm not sure what makes them so attractive but I will blindly trust the motorcycling e-community on this one. 1500 shares @ 0.67.

#gambol

I'm not sure what makes them so attractive but I will blindly trust the motorcycling e-community on this one. 1500 shares @ 0.67.

#gambol

Alright time to join in on this band wagon....I've been waiting too long to get into stock investing.

I took a lot of slack a few years ago (2009) when I created a thread to "Buy Bank Stocks Now!". Everyone thought I was nuts as it was at the tail end of the financial crisis.

My advise was to by bank stocks (Specifically CIBC) stocks at $37 per share......now it's up above $90. I'm not an analyst but I do not that the government heavily regulates the canadian banks and will not allow them to fail like the ones in the US did.

Not all stock advice in this motorcycle forum is BS.....just sayin.

$0.67 is not bad. Liked it much more at $0.30. Still see potential of 2x, maybe 3x. If it hits $1.20, would take some profits, imo. Enjoy the ride. Fyi, not in on this one.

$0.67 is not bad. Liked it much more at $0.30. Still see potential of 2x, maybe 3x. If it hits $1.20, would take some profits, imo. Enjoy the ride. Fyi, not in on this one.

I don't have $1k to drop on a stock on a whim unfortunately....but I must say I do enjoy this forum for the chat and actually learn a few things.

I took a lot of slack a few years ago (2009) when I created a thread to "Buy Bank Stocks Now!". Everyone thought I was nuts as it was at the tail end of the financial crisis.

My advise was to by bank stocks (Specifically CIBC) stocks at $37 per share......now it's up above $90. I'm not an analyst but I do not that the government heavily regulates the canadian banks and will not allow them to fail like the ones in the US did.

I am in no way insinuating that exchange of stock ideas/investing is a bad thing. However, blindly dumping money into a stock because random people on the internet are telling you to is a recipe for disaster; especially if you are a noob and haven't thought out your exit strategy if things go sour. Then again.. I too am just random people on the internet so who cares what I think. :)

As of 12:11PM - Opened at $0.70.

[h=2]Convalo Health International Corp. (CXV.V)[/h] -TSXV

down_r.gif
0.08(11.76%)
11:56AM EDT

Again, not saying Gary's pick was the wrong one.. it could bounce right back tomorrow..

Last edited:
I am in no way insinuating that exchange of stock ideas/investing is a bad thing. However, blindly dumping money into a stock because random people on the internet are telling you to is a recipe for disaster; especially if you are a noob and haven't thought out your exit strategy if things go sour. Then again.. I too am just random people on the internet so who cares what I think. :)

As of 12:11PM - Opened at $0.70.

[h=2]Convalo Health International Corp. (CXV.V)[/h] -TSXV

down_r.gif
0.08(11.76%)
11:56AM EDT

Again, not saying Gary's pick was the wrong one.. it could bounce right back tomorrow..

Gary's first post re CXV made it clear that anyone following should DO THEIR OWN DD.
Did you? Unless you bleed cash, that is the best advise you can get.
Did you buy any when it was $.27? Would have been a stellar idea!
The poster that bought in late yesterday was warned about the fact (and should damn well know regardless) that there are many investors who bought this issue in the $.20's.
Many will take profits, many will hold long.
BTW: I don't hold a single share of CXV. Simply put it out there for those interested in an 'opportunity'. I've had my fun.
It's getting a little haircut today. Just simple profit taking. Volume is huge today. Had this been December, you'd see quite a bit more.

Gary's first post re CXV made it clear that anyone following should DO THEIR OWN DD.
Did you? Unless you bleed cash, that is the best advise you can get.
Did you buy any when it was $.27? Would have been a stellar idea!
The poster that bought in late yesterday was warned about the fact (and should damn well know regardless) that there are many investors who bought this issue in the $.20's.
Many will take profits, many will hold long.
BTW: I don't hold a single share of CXV. Simply put it out there for those interested in an 'opportunity'. I've had my fun.
It's getting a little haircut today. Just simple profit taking. Volume is huge today. Had this been December, you'd see quite a bit more.

I wasn't taking a dig at you - read my previous 2 posts again. My comments were initiated after reading this:
"I'm not sure what makes them so attractive but I will blindly trust the motorcycling e-community on this one. 1500 shares @ 0.67."

Also, no, I did not get in on CXV. I appreciate your original post bringing up the IPO as I did not know about them until you mentioned it.

I wasn't taking a dig at you - read my previous 2 posts again. My comments were initiated after reading this:
"I'm not sure what makes them so attractive but I will blindly trust the motorcycling e-community on this one. 1500 shares @ 0.67."

Also, no, I did not get in on CXV. I appreciate your original post bringing up the IPO as I did not know about them until you mentioned it.

All good. I'm as adamant as you, if not more about people doing their own DD.
I know a guy (retired) that walks around with his chest out constantly - just his attitude. He had 2 very hefty inheritances and 1 huge law suit fall into his lap.
He could have paid off his $300K mortgage fifty times, and not even noticed. He didn't put a penny on it.
Instead, he bought several Pink Sheet stocks. "Big Gambler".
Fast Forward ~7 - 10 yrs, and he's still riding around in an old smoke blowing pick-up and doesn't have 2 nickels to rub together. Three kids & a wife to boot.
He got his advice from stock related message boards & took it to heart (that's the big problem).
His chest is still out, but his frown is much longer.

As for my original post about CXV.
I often sit in front of the puter from when I get up, until the market closes, if I'm actively trading.
I just happened to be checking IPO's that day (a monthly thing I do) and I'll often read about 'said' company.
Well, when I read about CXV, it was clear, concise, and very healthy looking - somewhat of a rare find, it was so tidy, with a very, very good outlook, so I put it up on this thread.
If I was doing my children's investing (notice I didn't use the work 'kids' - I got an infraction for that before) I would have STRONGLY recommended that they throw some money into CXV.V.
I'm not sure (and I'm not going to look back) but I don't think I've suggested another company to buy shares of, or have I?
I do own a little stock atm, but I'm all about high dividend paying mutual funds now as I close in on death.

Try to make a killing while you're young, but don't go broke doing it.

Good trading.

By blind I merely meant that I didn't have a clear strategy going in. I did look up CXV when Gary first mentioned it and it's been on my watch list since. I get their business model at a high level. Addiction centres seem like such a narrow market, but a lot of people seem to see huge upside in this.

This is gambling money anyway. A thousand bucks is not going to break me.

By blind I merely meant that I didn't have a clear strategy going in. I did look up CXV when Gary first mentioned it and it's been on my watch list since. I get their business model at a high level. Addiction centres seem like such a narrow market, but a lot of people seem to see huge upside in this.

This is gambling money anyway. A thousand bucks is not going to break me.

Those centres in the USA seem to be becoming as popular as Timmies lately. With the govt and insurance companies footing the bills for the addicts, there's very little to worry about the way I see it.
Would have been a bit better had you bought the dip today, but IMO that action today seems to have taken out nervous investors, who likely took tidy profits.
If I had put my money where my fingers / mouth are, I'd see today as "fantastic".
Good luck with it!

Trinidad drilling went down a bit. Might reconsider putting money on PZA and buying a whole lot of Trinidad tomorrow. Will put in a limit order of say 4.60 and hope I get lucky

Last guy I saw on the Interwebs peddling stock advice, gave some really good advice for a while.

The problem was that he was selling and locking in a profit, as he was advising others to buy.

His lucky stint ended shortly after he advised others to buy into Bre-X.

I have an entire Research Department to tell me what I should invest in.

I took your advice and value checked with two other sources as reliable as a motorbike forum
1. A guy i race sailboats with , at 3am on the rail in lake superior
2. Guy that had just left bank employ and is in lease finance (he is worth bags of rubles)

I bought CIBC , TD and Royal, not a lot. But i pulled out of energy because the guy that owns the coffee truck where i stop in the morning called it, and suppose I owe you , Strictlye, a decent bottle of wine. I made out just fine.

Now the dillhole that got me into the hydrogen generator that was changing diesel engines for ever..... yeah, return my calls so I can tell you to f yourself.

Last guy I saw on the Interwebs peddling stock advice, gave some really good advice for a while.

The problem was that he was selling and locking in a profit, as he was advising others to buy.

His lucky stint ended shortly after he advised others to buy into Bre-X.

I have an entire Research Department to tell me what I should invest in.

Just read up on Bre-X. Wow, just wow. Learn something new everyday.
I love how it started to unravel when the chief project manager "falls out of a helicopter into the jungle".

Really, a great movie plot. Penny stock to $286 and back to worthless. Of course RCMP laid no charges. Yippe kay yay

Just read up on Bre-X. Wow, just wow. Learn something new everyday.
I love how it started to unravel when the chief project manager "falls out of a helicopter into the jungle".

Really, a great movie plot. Penny stock to $286 and back to worthless. Of course RCMP laid no charges. Yippe kay yay

That was the last time I listened to a financial advisor. Now I do my own research.

Back
Top Bottom