Stinger Folding Trailer - Anything Similar Found Locally? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Stinger Folding Trailer - Anything Similar Found Locally?

MrMeeseeks

Site Supporter
Am going to have to get rid of my Harbor Freight folder due to a lack of room and am looking at Stingers as a replacement option, but they're a cubic shi*tton of cash these days.

Someone in the track forum posted up a link to a Kijiji add for a rail-type trailer similar to the stinger but for only $300.

Does anyone know who makes that one or still have a link to it?

Thanks in advance.

You selling the harbor freight fold-up? I was looking at getting a new one, but used would also work :)

Someone in the track forum posted up a link to a Kijiji add for a rail-type trailer similar to the stinger but for only $300.

It was a homemade job that received much criticism.

I would definitely be interested in one of these as well. Having a small car towing is very limited but adding a hitch and this would solve a bunch of issues. How do you guys typically trailer if you have a small car/coupe??

I would definitely be interested in one of these as well. Having a small car towing is very limited but adding a hitch and this would solve a bunch of issues. How do you guys typically trailer if you have a small car/coupe??

Right now my mazda 2 (mazda deux en francais?) will pull a biggish harbor freight 4'x8' with a bike (or sofa) on it without an issue. It's well within the towing capacity.

I have a friend that got one custom made for 1k ... it isnt' a fold up but is a similar to a stinger type and you can take apart within a few minutes... even has 13" wheels :p

I have a friend that got one custom made for 1k ... it isnt' a fold up but is a similar to a stinger type and you can take apart within a few minutes... even has 13" wheels :p
Custom home-built, or custom built by a shop that would do more of them? Shop name?

Custom home-built, or custom built by a shop that would do more of them? Shop name?

Chiller was referring to my trailer...I had it custom built by a trailer shop for close to 1k...SOLID built...single rail trailer designed to be taken apart for easy storage. It has 13" wheels on suspension. I had it designed to be towed behind a civic...was meant for my track bike...but the bike has since been sold.

It's for sale actually...if you are interested...pm me.

Thanks for all the input guys.
Also, many of you have contacted me about buying the harbor freight trailer. I'll be contacting those of you who pmed me in order recieved and then posting it up for general listing. Also available are a brand new never installed Baxley wheel chock.

Right now my mazda 2 (mazda deux en francais?) will pull a biggish harbor freight 4'x8' with a bike (or sofa) on it without an issue. It's well within the towing capacity.

A Mazda 2 actually has a towing capacity? Even a WRX does not.

Edit: Neither does a Mazda 3, apparently, so I'm surprised your Mazda 2 does.

Last edited:
Am going to have to get rid of my Harbor Freight folder due to a lack of room and am looking at Stingers as a replacement option, but they're a cubic shi*tton of cash these days.

Does anyone know who makes that one or still have a link to it?

Thanks in advance.

Just want to say.... you have a nice ***. Anyone tapping that lately? PM me if you want hook up ....

The common towing capacity of a compact is 1000lbs.

Many manufacturers do not list towing capacities for their vehicles sold in North America, for liability reasons, though they do list them elsewhere in the world. My Mazda 5 doesn't list one, but it has one in the UK for example.

Many manufacturers do not list towing capacities for their vehicles sold in North America, for liability reasons, though they do list them elsewhere in the world. My Mazda 5 doesn't list one, but it has one in the UK for example.
Which just means you'd be a-ok if you were towing in the UK, but here you're open to liability if you get in an accident while towing. Not to mention, like vehicles around the world are not necessarily identical. The current Subaru Forester for instance, has a much higher tow rating overseas. Turns out the Euro version actually has additional bracing/plates around the trailer hitch mounting points and auto-leveling suspension to accommodate the higher tow rating. but visually they're identical to the NA version.

The common towing capacity of a compact is 1000lbs.
Just because that's the rule of thumb doesn't mean it's the towing capacity. You tow anything on a car with no tow rating and your warranty (if you have one) is out the window).

I am aware of this.
Which just means you'd be a-ok if you were towing in the UK, but here you're open to liability if you get in an accident while towing. Not to mention, like vehicles around the world are not necessarily identical. The current Subaru Forester for instance, has a much higher tow rating overseas. Turns out the Euro version actually has additional bracing/plates around the trailer hitch mounting points and auto-leveling suspension to accommodate the higher tow rating. but visually they're identical to the NA version.
I've checked with 2 insurance and both told me even if you quadrupled the towing capacity (assuming you have one) of your vehicle you would not be liable. They just wouldn't cover any damages to your own vehicle. If you lose control and kill someone they would still pay out. That's what they said, anyway, and in practice it might be different.

Back
Top Bottom