Staying in shape during corona | GTAMotorcycle.com

Staying in shape during corona

bigpoppa

Long story short, I didnt want to spend the money on a gym membership as I am looking for work, wont likely find anything right now, so I figured why not get/stay in shape while I wait and ready so I bought myself a few cheap kettlebells and holy **** these are actually pretty good, they're cheap, easy to store and take up no room, you can get a good workout without ever leaving the house, you can do some traditional workouts with it, or make up your own,
I have done the following so far:

-Swings(think deadlifts but more cardio-like)
-Actual deadlifts

I've also done a bunch of other workouts I invented, one is where I pretend to move heavy stuff around, its great for upper body/shoulders/arms/core

Another one that simulates real world conditions is where I carry the kettlebells up and down the stairs a lot, this one turned my runs which were the cardio of death, into what feels like a light warmup now.

They build real world function strength because the range of motion is essentially huge/infinite, and you have to balance the weight, depending on how you use them, you can treat them as traditional strength training, or cardio, or both.

TLDR, kettle bells are awesome,cheap and effective, if they're good enough for russian/american special forces, they good enough for ol big poppa

Im gonna start work as a helper(whenever that is) that likely entails doing all the dirty/heavy/gruntwork so I might as well be in the best shape I can possibly be in, bonus points for never having to leave the house in the middle of corona virus

When I was in school I had a financial crisis and couldn't afford the gym -- I did curls with car batteries.

I think this time around I'm going to do curls with 2 60-packs of toilet paper.

if you're stuck in a shitehole with some industrial gear around
40 ton shackles make excellent- and free, kettlebells

ExCAEsy.jpg

Outdoor fresh air, lots of it. I'm hoping air dilution is the cure for the lung pollution.

Im gonna start work as a helper(whenever that is) that likely entails doing all the dirty/heavy/gruntwork so I might as well be in the best shape I can possibly be in, bonus points for never having to leave the house in the middle of corona virus
Have to get thin for that. Sneaking around and avoiding the labourer reps.

I already workout at home. I have a basic free weight set up.. a rack, couple benches, some bars and a bunch of weights.

Or get fit by building a 10' blockwall around your property. Handling cinder blocks and mixing mortar provide a good workout.

Have had kettlebells for years. Haven't lifted them in a while. I should get back at them. Try some bottom up stuff, really good for your wrist and lower arm strength. L

Six more inches of snow to go and then time to dethatch the lawn with a rake. Basically unlimited cardio opportunity with a bit of strength/conditioning.

I have been packing it on working from home. I have been trying to get out on one of my bikes (bicycles...) much more (no TDF wanabe pack riding, even without COVID...)

Just discovered a new exercise with the Kettlebells, you stick them out away from your body(forward- chest height) and you squat down, its probably one of the best workouts ever, destroys your core, works your legs and gives you a decent cardio workout at once

How do you think I heard about them? ;)

One Punch Man workout.

Comes from an anime. 99% of the population will fail so if you complete it consistently, you got a good reason to be prideful. Best part is costs $0.

10km run, 100 sit ups, 100 push ups, 100 squats. Everyday.

I modified the original workout and added 50 chin ups and to replace the 100 push ups/squats with 100 burpees. Oh, and do everything in one go without rest. If anyone reading this is actually gonna do this, please ramp up from x% to 100% if you don't know your body. Injury is very likely otherwise.

Luckily for me COVID-19 hit right after I finished a powerlift test and I was planning to train for Spartan Race anyway after.

Back
Top Bottom