Small trucks that will hold a bike | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Small trucks that will hold a bike

Co-worker asked me to help him move many years ago. The time, date and destination changed a few times so i finally just loaned him the truck for the weekend. Came back Monday with half a tank (oh well).
Couple months later i got a letter demanding payment for a parking ticket in Montreal.
I haven't loaned a truck since except to family.
And that hasn't worked out great every time.

There are only a very few close friends I’ll let use my things. Close family gets a bit of a pass but only to a point.

Unfortunately not all people share the same ethics. I would never think of leaving less fuel in someone’s tank than when I borrowed the vehicle. If I do any damage at all I’m going to fix it. Most times I try to give more back than I’m borrowing. You have to appreciate what is being given to you, otherwise go get it yourself.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

I quit loaning my truck since people failed to understand , you load through the tailgate . Scratches on the bed sides since you thought you could lift that box 50" really bothers me. Beat up the box all you want, the black paint job is off limits.

And yes, "oh its a truck" went away in 1972. My 3yr old F150 is worth the same as your 3yr old C300 Benz

The Ford Maverick only has a 4' box, but with the tail gate down and a cage on the back it will handle most off-road and smaller street bikes.
The liftover isn't too bad either.
Anything bigger you should probably use a trailer anyway.

Last edited:
Thinking of getting a pickup again. I really miss it and my 19 Rav is just not good for me. I can probably get an even trade for an 18 or 19 Tacoma. Lol.

I look at pickups at least once a week , right now my Bronco sport is getting my needs met . I can rent a truck the 4 times a yr I actually need one. But I wont make fun of anybody with one thyat only uses it 4 times a yr. I get that .

I hate carrying the Beta, gas on the rack behind the Rav and having the Rav carries too many ugly memories.

I hate carrying the Beta, gas on the rack behind the Rav and having the Rav carries too many ugly memories.
Another taco in your future? Or going with Brian P's approach of a small van for low floor and bike safe and dry inside?

I look at pickups at least once a week , right now my Bronco sport is getting my needs met . I can rent a truck the 4 times a yr I actually need one. But I wont make fun of anybody with one thyat only uses it 4 times a yr. I get that .
thank you.
also depends on the use-case. if you're pulling or hauling anything AND people, there aren't any rental options even if its once or twice a year.

Another taco in your future? Or going with Brian P's approach of a small van for low floor and bike safe and dry inside?
I really like the Taco. Hauling a track bike in a van means dealing with some fumes from maybe fuel. Hauling a trials bike in a van means dealing with fumes from fuel and a bunch of swamp goo. No thanks.

I personally like the Ranger as a small truck. The Maverick is awesome in my mind, but may be too small for @Wingboy needs.

I would get a el cheapo 5x8 enclosed trailer.

Easier to load, a place to carry all your crap and nice enough to hang out in when the weather turns.

My problem with the ranger is its not really a small truck , its price and size is so close to the F150 , I'm not sure it get it. Its a really nice truck , I was hoping for something more like an older Ranger.

I dont even like a generator or an outboard in the cabine of an SUV, the oil/gas smell lingers a couple days after yoy take stuff out of the cab.

@Wingboy , I can see your side of things. Go find a truck.

If I was riding a lot of weekends and had anyplace to park it an enclosed trailer would be on my list. I like the idea of all my crap in one place, easy load hieght, pressure wash the floor, sit 'indoors' on a rainy day getting suited up. My favorite would be rolling home at 1am and everything can just sit till tommorow morning

I dont even like a generator or an outboard in the cabine of an SUV, the oil/gas smell lingers a couple days after yoy take stuff out of the cab.

these babies solve all that.....

Your bed (with tailgate, you can keep it open as long as you are secured in 4 places on the bike) has to be about 7 feet long. Most bikes are right about that length. Same with ATVs.

On the subject of lending trucks... even lending my truck to people who really should know better has ended up in anger, expense and disappointment. Want to lose a friend? Lend them your truck.

Back
Top Bottom