Small trucks that will hold a bike | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Small trucks that will hold a bike

@timtune

Dang, I'd been all over that.

Please view this ad:

2008 Ford Ranger,

Price: $ 7,000 + Taxes

Download the application from the Google Play Store.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

The real question is. Do you want to be seen in it...
The same can be said for a lot of vehicles.The Rivian must come standard with big floppy shoes and a clown nose.The Ridgeline gets you into the Coach store for a discount on a new purse.Looks are very subjective.

@timtune

Please view this ad:

2010 Ford Ranger Sport,

Price: $ 8,500

Download the application from the Google Play Store.

Just get a cheap trailer, put a hitch onto the back of whatever car you've got and call it a day. Can't think of too many cars on the road that can't handle 1000lbs.

Used pickup prices are ludicrous, thanks to every IT guy and his mom that says they "need" a truck.

Used pickup prices are ludicrous, thanks to every IT guy and his mom that says they "need" a truck.

Hey! I am an "IT" guy and I do need a truck (don't have it,,, yet)! LOL
And as far as I know all IT guys only buy Tacos, so we have nothing to do with high prices on Fords :)

Hey! I am an "IT" guy and I do need a truck (don't have it,,, yet)! LOL
And as far as I know all IT guys only buy Tacos, so we have nothing to do with high prices on Fords :)
:oops:Didn't mean to pick on you bro 😁...you know what I mean.

If I have room for a 4th car, I too wouldn't mind a manual Taco to haul car parts and bikes. But for the prices I'm seeing, I'd rather get a track car.

Just get a cheap trailer, put a hitch onto the back of whatever car you've got and call it a day. Can't think of too many cars on the road that can't handle 1000lbs.

You wouldn't say that if you were around to watch a fullsize Wing on the trailer almost push my Yaris through a red light. Hell I notice the trailer when it's empty.

Traded in my F150 STX (3.7 regular v6, extended cab, pretty basic truck) towards a 2018 Nissan Frontier 4 cylinder extended cab.
It’ll hold my bike without issue. Fuel economy in the cold (-15c or below) is absolutely terrible (12.7 L/100) - barely better than the F150. When it’s closer to 0 celcius it gets around 10.5L/100km at 110 km/h. F150 was closer to 12.8L/100 at that speed.

That being said, my GF has a Chevrolet Colorado 4 cylinder. Highway it gets down to 8.5 or 9L/100km at 110 km/h. It will hold a bike quite easily as well. The bed is a bit larger than the Frontier’s, so it could likely hold 2 bikes. The frontier needs creativity for that. 2 bikes in, each needs to be strapped in on a bit of an angle away from each other, and a pool noodle or some other padding between them just in case.

While it's nice to dream of getting a truck and be one of those 'truck guys'...I think I'll follow @PrivatePilot route and just slap a trailer hitch on my Volt. Seems like the simplest, and cheapest, option. Just need to get the wiring straightened out on the trailer as I'm having issues with no lights.

could be because I'm an electrical idiot...so there's that.

I’m looking at trucks now too because I just realized I have a cottage that I need to share maintenance on. My 70+ uncle isn’t gonna be hauling **** there and a back much longer. So I need a mid size, whomp whomp

You'll get more friends.

Friend... Can you help me move?
Me... Sure. I'll call you.
Friend... But you don't have my number?
Me... Correct.

Traded in my F150 STX (3.7 regular v6, extended cab, pretty basic truck) towards a 2018 Nissan Frontier 4 cylinder extended cab.
It’ll hold my bike without issue. Fuel economy in the cold (-15c or below) is absolutely terrible (12.7 L/100) - barely better than the F150. When it’s closer to 0 celcius it gets around 10.5L/100km at 110 km/h. F150 was closer to 12.8L/100 at that speed.

That being said, my GF has a Chevrolet Colorado 4 cylinder. Highway it gets down to 8.5 or 9L/100km at 110 km/h. It will hold a bike quite easily as well. The bed is a bit larger than the Frontier’s, so it could likely hold 2 bikes. The frontier needs creativity for that. 2 bikes in, each needs to be strapped in on a bit of an angle away from each other, and a pool noodle or some other padding between them just in case.
I needed a full size truck for work and got rid of my 4L v6 ford Ranger.

Got a 5.3L Chevy Silverado.
Best I've seen loaded with tools at 110kph is 9.6L/100km average. That was going east on the 401, with the wind. West bound is always worse.

Worst around town is 26.6L/100km.

I needed a full size truck for work and got rid of my 4L v6 ford Ranger.

Got a 5.3L Chevy Silverado.
Best I've seen loaded with tools at 110kph is 9.6L/100km average. That was going east on the 401, with the wind. West bound is always worse.

Worst around town is 26.6L/100km.

How bad was the ranger?

You'll get more friends.

Friend... Can you help me move?
Me... Sure. I'll call you.
Friend... But you don't have my number?
Me... Correct.
My answer -- sure, take it, just bring it back full.

She takes 125l, a fair trade.

Co-worker asked me to help him move many years ago. The time, date and destination changed a few times so i finally just loaned him the truck for the weekend. Came back Monday with half a tank (oh well).
Couple months later i got a letter demanding payment for a parking ticket in Montreal.
I haven't loaned a truck since except to family.
And that hasn't worked out great every time.

Back
Top Bottom