Small trucks that will hold a bike | GTAMotorcycle.com

Small trucks that will hold a bike

timtune

Site Supporter
I'm looking for a small used pickup (Ranger, B3000, Frontier etc) that will hold a bike in the back. I had an 86' Ranger that would take my KZ650 corner to corner with the tailgate up.

So far I have tried unsuccessfully to find detailed box dimensions online. Any idea where to get this data so I know a bike will fit. Do I have to head out with a tape measure?

I used something similar when purchasing a truck:

1642553047299.png

If you can’t find what your looking for I should have a older Ranger in my possession early next week and can take some measurements for you.

Literally the first link on google

the diagram bigpoppa posted has the current standard lengths for fullsize (half ton) trucks.
midsizes trucks are a bit smaller but not by much.

some minor variations between models. You can carry a bike on every truck bed, except the new compact trucks (Maverick/Santa Cruz).

Pickup truck prices are stupid right now. My neighbour passed away last fall, his widow got offered $1100 by the local Chev dealer for his 1998 GMC 1/2 ton. 250K, mechanically solid, new tires, tired paint but rust-free thanks to annual Krown visits.

I offered to sell it for her thinking I could get at least $2500. Put it up for sale, sold it the next day for $5K.

yup. bought my truck 2 years ago now exactly this time for $31k, put 50,000kms on it and equivalents on Kijiji are selling for $37-40.
Hence, why I'm swapping for a new tesla.

In October I picked up a 2016 Colorado extended cab with a 6.5 foot bed, 2wd. It had 85000km for $19000. It will carry a bike in the bed no issues, however tailgate won't close.
Prices are ridiculous right now.
5cf29b9b98c252e2e9a38b25eb47d80b.jpg
5077e202a25f50519e818c4a6ed1db35.jpg

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

We used an '08 Danger Ranger for the last 8 years to get to the track and back. Most of the time using a trailer but occasionally tossing it in the bed. Also had a hitch mount carrier for the the dirt bike.
What kind of cab? If you get the extended cab (2 doors but room for luggage behind the seat) does mean a shorter box?

And yeah I've seen the prices. I also really want a manual tranny. That narrows the field considerably

Anything above 80kph causes the hood to shimmy & shake violently. The faster the Ridgeline goes, the more I've been expecting the hood to take a hike.
In the mail today, was a recall notice.
Hoods may fly off.
Tesla engineering.

Back
Top Bottom