Sigh Ninja 250 not starting today... | GTAMotorcycle.com

Sigh Ninja 250 not starting today...

guym

Ok first off I rode my bike last night, started up normal, with one press of the starter and have put on 2k this season on it so far so it's not just coming out of storage...

I just went out now, took off the cover, and tried to start it up to go to the store, and I get this clicking noise. - I'm thinking there is a problem with my battery? :-(
Sad thing is I have hardly any tools here with me, and no battery charger to check if that's the problem. The battery has enough juice to turn on the lights, but maybe not enough to start her? - I would think the battery would be fine tho because it was yesterday...

Any help is appreciated.

I would like to know about the clicking noise...but what i do know is that it takes a lot more power to start the bike than it does to run lights/horn etc...hope that helps in some way

The first few times I tried to start it it sounded like it wanted to kick over... now it just clicks (only tried a few times as I don't want to drain the battery if that isn't the issue)

Battery is dead. The lights while come on with an under charged battery but it def won't be enough to start it. Hopefully a good charge is all it needs.

If you got a friend you could try push starting it and taking for a ride to get a charge back in it.

You probably don't need a whole new battery, just a charger. It's likely that you accidentally left something on last night, maybe hit the kill switch but didn't turn the ignition off (this leaves the headlight on). Your battery is likely fine, so a good charge should get you back into the game. chargers are about half of the price of a new battery. If you are really concerned, then find a way to get your battery to a shop and they will test it for you, probably even charge it for you if you give them a small fee and a few hours.

You probably don't need a whole new battery, just a charger. It's likely that you accidentally left something on last night, maybe hit the kill switch but didn't turn the ignition off (this leaves the headlight on). Your battery is likely fine, so a good charge should get you back into the game. chargers are about half of the price of a new battery. If you are really concerned, then find a way to get your battery to a shop and they will test it for you, probably even charge it for you if you give them a small fee and a few hours.

Well it was left in the bike all winter, and needed to be charged of course when I was getting ti ready for spring, I know i didn't leave anything on (but my alarm) As i never use the kill switch(only a couple times of year to test it) So I'm thinking I do need a new battery.

you should just bump start it and then go for a nice long ride... it will charge itself back up or boost it off a car (car engine off just boost off of battery)

Sent ya a PM.

I don't really have room to boost start it :-( I have no driveway(my bike is parked on my lawn on patio stones that I put down for it) and I'm on a busy main street :-(

Ride it down a hill get it to about 20km/h and release the clutch and jump start it =D

guym, don't buy a new battery. I had the same thing happen to my bike, and I have the EXACT same bike as you, 09 SE. Anyway, just bump start it. Push it to a side street and do it there. Let it run for a while, go for a good ride, and you'll likely be fine.

Yea I'm going to bring my battery to my dad's place today, and put a trickle charger on it, I just found ti weird that it died overnight, as it was fine yesterday. I guess it's because of the cold weather?

- No room to bump start it, unless I walked a block to two with it... I'll use the trickle charger on it and after it full charges take it off, leave it for a day and put it back on the charger to make sure it can hold a charge.. Or is there a better way to make sure the battery is ok?

Last edited:
You probably need a new battery I find if not maintained over the winter I need to buy a new one every year. If charged every couple of weeks they last for years.

Back
Top Bottom