Shell gas no longer Ethanol Free | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Shell gas no longer Ethanol Free

Ethanol blending on hold?

Quote from the linked article:
Ethanol blending will remain restricted to “regular gas” with an octane level of 87. There are no plans to blend ethanol into the medium (89) and high octane fuels (91) in Ontario.

Ethanol blending will remain restricted to “regular gas” with an octane level of 87. There are no plans to blend ethanol into the medium (89) and high octane fuels (91) in Ontario.
Let’s hope that’s the case.

“Starting in 2020, fuel suppliers must maintain at least an annual average of 10% renewable content (such as ethanol) in the gasoline they sell in Ontario.”

So unless an E15 option becomes commonplace, this might explain why Shell is eliminating ethanol free gas.

There are only two tanks in the ground, medium grade is blended at the pump.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sent this out this morning to a winterization enquiry:

"Btw, if you thought about filling your tank with e-free gas for the winter, I can confirm that the Shell stations here in Mississauga don't supply it anymore and offer 10% ethanol in their gas mix. I missed out this year."

AFIK all the gas in Toronto comes from either Shell or PetroCan.
If you check the "rack" prices; Shell offers ethanol blended fuel in regular ONLY, PetroCan offers Mid with 5% ethanol, as well a E10 Regular, in the Toronto market.

There are only two tanks in the ground, medium grade is blended at the pump.
Not necessarily if it's PetroCan

Why Corn Squeezin's are better for sipping than pouring into your 1983 VF1100C V65 Magna Carbs ......

IMG_1210.JPG

IMG_1211.JPG

And, after a pampering at The Carb Spa ....... they are returned "plug and play" - install them add fuel and go riding. After 5 minutes adjust the idle and you are good for the season.

IMG_1222.JPG

Someone left fuel in those carbs for a long time!
That looks a lot like the crap in snowmobile carbs with fuel from yesterday. Maybe a little more balled and less flaky but big enough to plug everything up.

I always thought Cdn Tire got their gas from 1 of the majors (used to be Esso) so for them to say their premium has no ethanol but none of the majors say the same is confusing. They certainly don't have a refinery so it's being bought from elsewhere.

I always thought Cdn Tire got their gas from 1 of the majors (used to be Esso) so for them to say their premium has no ethanol but none of the majors say the same is confusing. They certainly don't have a refinery so it's being bought from elsewhere.

Agreed.
The same with Costco, who I believe gets their fuel from Husky.

Reactions: LBV
So, no ethanol-free gas at any of the gas stations anymore?

Canadian Tire 91 is now the only option.

What do the small airports charge for AvGas?

You probably don't want to run leaded gas in your motorcycle. If your bike has a cat, kiss it goodbye, and it typically fouls plugs fairly quickly on engines not designed for it, etc.

Try Ultramar, CTC. or Costco

Ultramar is ethanol on all blends now, and Costco now may or may not be ethanol free on their premium now, but they no longer guarantee/advertise it as such. So It's Canadian Tire if you want guaranteed no ethanol.

I rode through the Canadian Tire gas bar in Uxbridge yesterday, just to check. There was a "May contain ethanol" sticker on the Premium 91 pump. I went to Keswick Canadian Tire today to fill up with non ethanol 91, as I usually do. New stickers on all the pumps including the 91 pumps: "May contain up to 10% ethanol." I asked the manager, What's the scoop? She said yes, its true. She said its everywhere now. She said 91 has "just a little bit" of ethanol.
I was wearing earplugs and a helmet, so didn't ask any further questions, though I wanted to.

Back
Top Bottom