Shell gas no longer Ethanol Free | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Shell gas no longer Ethanol Free

My local Canadian Tire gas station is the same. I'm not sure if the fuel is actually still Ethanol free or if they haven't removed the stickers.

With diesel @ $2.50/L the International Society of Bros has voted unanimously to change the term rollin’ coal to rollin gold

Our yard manager just put up a ‘ no idling of trucks or tow motors sign’ . 1st transport inbound to see it says , how does my cab stay warm if the truck doesn’t idle? We had to explain, that’s for our trucks and tow motors , we don’t care how much dinosaur fluid you burn.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

I emailed CT about ethanol in top tier gas
response
Thank you for contacting Canadian Tire Corporate Customer Relations.

Ethanol is now available at most of our Canadian Tire gas stations.

At Canadian Tire Petroleum we are committed to creating Customers for Life and would like to thank you for allowing us to respond to your inquiry.
We hope that you will continue your relationship with your local Canadian Tire Petroleum site, taking advantage of the industry-leading rewards and benefits we provide.

Fuel Grade 91 - Our highest octane rating fuel is ideal for high performance vehicles, particularly those with Turbocharges. There is no ethanol in this fuel grade.

We do not know what the future will bring, please feel free to reach out to us so we may update you in the future.

We sincerely thank you for taking the time to contact us.

Kelly |Corporate Customer Relations

Canadian Tire Corporation Limited

1-800-387-8803

response

At Canadian Tire Petroleum we are committed to creating Customers for Life and would like to thank you for allowing us to respond to your inquiry.
We hope that you will continue your relationship with your local Canadian Tire Petroleum site, taking advantage of the industry-leading rewards and benefits we provide.

Fuel Grade 91 - Our highest octane rating fuel is ideal for high performance vehicles, particularly those with Turbocharges. There is no ethanol in this fuel grade.

We do not know what the future will bring, please feel free to reach out to us so we may update you in the future.

1-800-387-8803
I was scratching my head at "Ethanol is now available at" as very few people actually want E10 or E15. Things got better towards the end. Interesting that it wasn't a canned response and she appears to have typed it.

response

1-800-387-8803

This approach to customer “service” seems to becoming the norm now. If you want more info or updates you need to reach out to us.

How about publishing a communication so we don’t have to waste our time before giving you our money?

Glad you got a response though and thanks for sharing it!

This approach to customer “service” seems to becoming the norm now. If you want more info or updates you need to reach out to us.

How about publishing a communication so we don’t have to waste our time before giving you our money?

Glad you got a response though and thanks for sharing it!
They do have a sticker on the pump that says No Ethanol in the premium fuel.

Nice to see it confirmed though.

Picked up some gas for my bike at the Shell @ Breezy Corners. Sticker still say no ethanol.

They do have a sticker on the pump that says No Ethanol in the premium fuel.

Nice to see it confirmed though.

Agreed.

I’m not sure how quickly owners/franchisees will remove the stickers from the pumps once the fuel in their tanks contains ethanol though.

Hopefully they will, but we have no way of knowing...

The answer from other large oil and gas companies seem to be yeah...we’re changing but not sure when and not sure how much, there may be stickers there might not be.

Again, we’ll have no way of knowing unless they tell us.

Agreed.

I’m not sure how quickly owners/franchisees will remove the stickers from the pumps once the fuel in their tanks contains ethanol though.

Hopefully they will, but we have no way of knowing...

The answer from other large oil and gas companies seem to be yeah...we’re changing but not sure when and not sure how much, there may be stickers there might not be.

Again, we’ll have no way of knowing unless they tell us.
Well, some people install ethanol gauges in their cars that constantly sample the fuel flowing to the injectors. They aren't that expensive. The vast majority of cars aren't going to have that though.

Well, some people install ethanol gauges in their cars that constantly sample the fuel flowing to the injectors. They aren't that expensive. The vast majority of cars aren't going to have that though.

What is this black magic you speak of!?
Lol
I honestly had never heard of this.
Intrigued..

What is this black magic you speak of!?
Lol
I honestly had never heard of this.
Intrigued..
Normally used if you are extracting more power out a turbo car. Either using E85 and shooting for the moon or dumping some E85 into a tank to mix your own E30 to E40 to make some extra power without destroying range per tank. Gauge is ~$300 so far cheaper than a blown engine.

d-16372-237.jpg

d-16372-239.jpg

• Ethanol Content Pct.: 0-100 Pct.

Another alternative is a calibrated plastic bottle and you can test a sample.

Last edited:
Anyone who rides Ducati and uses shell 91 . What’s the alternative now ?

pure-gas.org

The database is user-maintained, so may not be 100% accurate. According to the Government of Canada website, there will be no ethanol free gas as of 2022. Maybe end-of 2022?

Ontario: the Cleaner Transportation Fuels regulation requires that fuel suppliers blend 10% of renewable content in gasoline from 2020 to 2024. The renewable content requirement increases to 11% in 2025, 13% in 2028, and 15% in 2030 and onwards.

Back
Top Bottom