Service Ontario Service Interuption........ | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Service Ontario Service Interuption........

And this is why we are going to end up on complete lockdown. :( SO should be given the authority to cut up licenses when people show up and admit to breaking quarantine.

"over 100 people have admitted to breaking quarantine to come to the Bay Street location and have waited in a crowded line for renewals.

Even an individual marked by OHIP head office as a "COVID-19 patient" made it through screening and came to the office, a couple of weeks ago, she says.

After continually coughing only feet away from other clients, Smith says the individual arrived at a colleague's counter with a medical note exempting him from having to come to any ServiceOntario and stating that he had a "respiratory disease" and was to "self-isolate for 14 days".

The note was dated a few days ago from when the client returned to the country."

That's infuriating to read the staff have to resort to calling in sick because they're scared to work, and some are scared of management.

I thought you can’t order online if your sticker is due in a very short time. Like now as April is just around the corner. You need to allow enough processing time
Maybe they removed some of these restrictions.

Also. Doesn’t the sticker expire on the first of the month of your birthday. And not on your actual birthdate. I.e April 30

I know this doesn’t really matter now. Only during normal times.

You can order online well after the sticker is expired.

My Bday is in early March.

I usually renew my bike sticker online the day I take it out for the first time every season. Usually some time in May.

You get an email saying you've renewed that is valid until the sticker comes in the mail.

Also, the sticker expires at 23:59:59 on your birthday so if your Bday is April 1st, your sticker expires at 00:00:01 April 2nd.

I just renewed mine yesterday online as well and get the temp papers for it. Birthday is in November, you still pay the whole year. No line up, no wait time, no exposure, all from the comfort of my desk!

Going today. Need uvip for both BMW,s then take them to new owner. Need sticker for my DL as well. Drove by yesterday people outside lined up plus max 10 inside.

Going today. Need uvip for both BMW,s then take them to new owner. Need sticker for my DL as well. Drove by yesterday people outside lined up plus max 10 inside.
Yesterday I was in Milton at the Service Ontario. I was the only one there. Standard security questions about travel and quarantine. Purel at the door. Stand back from the wicket.
In and out.

I went for a similar reason to yours. While I was there, just did the stickers, and new truck plates (they were badly stripped).

It was the one on highway 25. Depending on where you are, it might be an option.

It was a ghost town.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

Yesterday I was in Milton at the Service Ontario. I was the only one there. Standard security questions about travel and quarantine. Purel at the door. Stand back from the wicket.
In and out.

I went for a similar reason to yours. While I was there, just did the stickers, and new truck plates (they were badly stripped).

It was the one on highway 25. Depending on where you are, it might be an option.

It was a ghost town.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk
What time did you go?

In Oakville 1 hour so far. Still waiting outside
This is why my neighbour closed the office. In your line are probably a ton of people that are supposed to be quarantined but feel they don't need too.

They got yelled at by someone that tried to register a snowmobile (private transfer) a few weeks ago and found the office locked. Not an urgent matter right now. Come back when there isn't an uncontrolled virus killing humans.

Last edited:
The line just kept growing. They finally prescreened what people wanted. No sticker renewal limit 2 items per. Kicked half of them out.

Hello, I'm new here.
I previously held my m2, but then I had 3 kids and let it expire (2012 I think). I bought a bike before the offices closed, and I need to do my M1. Service Ontario says College Park 777 Bay St offers the knowledge test. Has anyone been successful in being able to write it at that location since the Drive Test centres are closed? Before I drive all the way there... Thanks in advance.

Hello, I'm new here.
I previously held my m2, but then I had 3 kids and let it expire (2012 I think). I bought a bike before the offices closed, and I need to do my M1. Service Ontario says College Park 777 Bay St offers the knowledge test. Has anyone been successful in being able to write it at that location since the Drive Test centres are closed? Before I drive all the way there... Thanks in advance.
i was there last monday and got my m1

Have you tried TD?

Below is a quote of $703 annually with 5 000 kms driven.

If I select 1 000 Kms driven it goes down to approx $570 annually.

I will be going to TD for this year.

View attachment 42248
How about Desjardin. Under 1000$ for my car, bike and sled. No fire theft or collision.

Good to know some locations are still open. Alot of people laid off(myself included), that might need to unload some excess toys(myself included). Hard to sell stuff that can't be transferred

There is some delivery delay which I know of. I'm waiting for UVIP & it's been almost 3 weeks. No news yet. I have seen 5-8 people in lineup near my home(North york area).

Just heard on the nightly news that when you go to get a new sticker you'll have to pay for the one that you did not renew due to COVID. Can someone clarify? Don't we have the right to not licence our vehicles for a particular year and the, subsequently, re register them in a following without having to pay the skipped years? Maybe you take a bike off registration for a number of years while it serves track duty?

Just heard on the nightly news that when you go to get a new sticker you'll have to pay for the one that you did not renew due to COVID. Can someone clarify? Don't we have the right to not licence our vehicles for a particular year and the, subsequently, re register them in a following without having to pay the skipped years? Maybe you take a bike off registration for a number of years while it serves track duty?
According to my neighbour that operates a SO office, you are correct. They haven't had official word but it popped up on some government website and their computers have been updated to allow retroactive sticker purchase. Basically if you expired in the last year, expect to pay for it when you renew. If your sticker was expired before the covid mess, expect to just pay for the future sticker. Again, no official word yet but that is what they expect.

Back
Top Bottom