Selling powerful bikes to noobs... | GTAMotorcycle.com

Selling powerful bikes to noobs...

SFer

Selling the Streetfighter 1098. Had a lot of interest but nobody so far is willing to pony up the cash.
Except for a young guy with basically no riding experience.
I told him I don't think it's the right bike for him but he insists he wants the bike and understands the dangers of such a decision.
Money talks but...

That would weigh a lot on my conscience too. I don't think I could do it. I know money talks but I'd hate to hear about the kid wrapped around a pole a week later

I myself have big respect to dealers who stray the noobs away from big bikes, then again who's to say he can't handle it. If your conscience can handle selling the bike to a kid then go ahead.

I'd have no problem if the noob ponied up the cash. I'm not his mom and I need the money. If he could afford it and went to GP Bikes, would the salesman refuse to sell him a new one? I don't think so.

Problem is he's 6'5 and having trouble finding a bike that he loves and that fit him. I understand how he feels but f::k, I told him to consider maybe even the 848SF Atleast it has TC.
He keeps asking me questions about if its this or if its that or how do I find it in rain or in traffic. And all I can tell him is that its a beast that makes me crap my pants sometimes(which i love about it)
in general I have no problem with it but I'm not him. What else do you say?
:sigh:
As a paramedic, I don't think I can do it.

You've been trying to sell that bike for a while. Take the guy's money... if you don't, someone else will.

I'm in the same boat with selling my R1. I told an 18 year old kid who offered a descent amount, no. I knew he'd just end up being a risk to all of us out there. This kid was definitely a hot head though

Problem is he's 6'5 and having trouble finding a bike that he loves and that fit him. I understand how he feels but f::k, I told him to consider maybe even the 848SF Atleast it has TC.
He keeps asking me questions about if its this or if its that or how do I find it in rain or in traffic. And all I can tell him is that its a beast that makes me crap my pants sometimes(which i love about it)
in general I have no problem with it but I'm not him. What else do you say?
:sigh:
As a paramedic, I don't think I can do it.

Your job has what to do about it ? zero.

If you sold the guy a fast car, would you still be concerned? Nope.

YOu cant babysit stupid in this world, you should know that by now.

Your job has what to do about it ? zero.
He is from your neck of the woods so I wouldn't have to do the call.
I guess I have an underlying need to try to reduce beautiful bikes from being trashed.

If you sold the guy a fast car, would you still be concerned? Nope.
I feel a car and a bike are quite different.

YOu cant babysit stupid in this world, you should know that by now.
Oh, I know man, I know. Lol

Comparing cars to bikes has what to do with it? Zero.

I see your points but you have to see the other side too.

Actually so a 19 yr old kid wants to buy your Ferrari, and your like " whoa bro this car is too fast for you!"

I see no difference. You can kill yourself just as fast in a car than on a bike.

And if you want to argue that, come do my job for a day.

Just sell the bike. If hes really young, I doubt he'd be able to afford the insurance anyways... Although that could be a whole other issue.....

Selling the Streetfighter 1098. Had a lot of interest but nobody so far is willing to pony up the cash.
Except for a young guy with basically no riding experience.
I told him I don't think it's the right bike for him but he insists he wants the bike and understands the dangers of such a decision.
Money talks but...

I'm a big supporter of sport bikes not being for beginners, but you can't make people do the smart thing. As long as you warned him, and he acknowledged that he knows the risks and wants to go ahead anyways, then AFAIC you're in the clear to sell him the bike.

Actually so a 19 yr old kid wants to buy your Ferrari, and your like " whoa bro this car is too fast for you!"

I see no difference. You can kill yourself just as fast in a car than on a bike.

And if you want to argue that, come do my job for a day.

There's way more risk of killing yourself on a bike than a car. There's not even an argument there and if you think there is perhaps you need to sit and think about it for a while. If I had a Ferrari or Porsche or Lambo, hell no I wouldn't sell it to some kid. I know there are other people out there who could afford it that wouldn't make me lose sleep at night for handing some kid the keys to his death bed. Some people do have a conscience.

Sell it - you told him the risk.

I'm in the same boat with selling my R1. I told an 18 year old kid who offered a descent amount, no. I knew he'd just end up being a risk to all of us out there. This kid was definitely a hot head though

Well it is obvious that kid could never afford insurance on it, so he'd be putting other people at risk. You did the right thing there.

As for OP, I'd sell it to the guy if I thought he could afford insurance and wasn't going to immediately start attempting wheelies on the 401.

Good heart on you to think it over, I dunno how old or young the kid is, but that is a monster.

You play the adult and the parent role already by even crossing your mind, after that if he still wants it, then let him have it. I would probably give him a giant lecture prior to taking his money and wish him well.

Back
Top Bottom