Seat comfort | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Seat comfort

I use an air hawk. I have it set so that some of my centre weight is still on the seat, and it fills in the side spaces with air cushioning.
Straps are set really loose, so that the hawk moves around with me rather than the bike.
It was used to ride down to Alabama a couple of years ago.
Haven't been able to snag a used Corbin. They go really fast for my bike, and I've narrowly missed two of them.

I tried the smaller air hawk, which I think was the recommendation for my bike, but it didn't cover enough area and squirted forward and back as well as moving side to side. It's still kicking around somewhere.

5IYGPBMl.jpg
XcdFpZKl.jpg

This one's the smaller one, that I don't use:
k1tavhrl.jpg
Thanks to the generosity of a forum member, I have an Air Hawk that matches the dimensions of my "seat" and my motorcycle's seat.
Hope to be 'floating on air' for future rides!
(Most of my rides are 3 - 4 hours)

Will add feedback when the "Stay Home" order is lifted.

Muchas Gracias, kind donor of the Air Hawk!

Lots of good suggestions in this thread. On my Versys I ended up buying a second-hand custom made seat on Facebook Marketplace which was a huge improvement.

One thing I always wonder is why do manufacturers make seats so hard in the first place? Is it really too much to ask for an extra half inch of foam when you're buying something that costs that much?

Air Hawk fitted, minimum pressure and straps not too tight around the seat.
Waiting for an opportunity to ride!
3aae73d28d7ac0864320b2a5256ae102.jpg

Men's 4D padded cycling underwear padded cycling underwear Padded bike Underwear Shorts​

Bought these a few years ago. Very comfortable. From Amazon. Ca

What is the rush? 10-15 min breaks every hour or two, works like a charm.
Then you've got to get back on that two-by-four and do it again for an hour.
Some bikes you'd be resting more than riding.

I bought a Corbin seat for my ZRX.
Much better than stock, but I still wanted more comfort.
Bought a Air Hawk.
Works great.
Bought another for my wife's Ninja.

Four thumbs up!

I did some research into seat design a while back...
The OEM seat on my FJR was not very comfortable... You'd think on a $20k bike they'd be able to provide a decent saddle..?
I came to the conclusion that most seats are built backwards. They are 'convex" versus "concave" or "saddle" shaped.
Single density foam is used throughout which adds to the possibility of hotspots and discomfort...
I dropped $500 on a Sargent and went from being able to ride the FJR for an hour to being able to ride it for ten hours.
Best upgrade ever.
Some early FJRs (mine) came equipped with Corbins. I get all day comfort from mine.

Airhawk and MotoSkivvies my goto these days.
Sargent seat on the KLR which works wonders on the "plank"

Russel Daylong with a backrest was far and away the most comfortable seat.

Would it fit my V-Strom? Maybe not, but's its worth an ask. And if yes, I can gladly take it off your hands if you are selling :)
My understanding is that they are very different seat pans from the 1st gen models to your 2019 version. A seat from 2012 and up might fit your seat, so that might open up some options for you.

Air Hawk fitted, minimum pressure and straps not too tight around the seat.
Waiting for an opportunity to ride!
3aae73d28d7ac0864320b2a5256ae102.jpg
Nice weather day today for a longish ride and the Air Hawk makes a significant difference in seat comfort. I tried different levels of inflation and ultimately found that "less is more".
Grateful to the Forum Member who gave me the Air Hawk!

Bought an Air Flow Seat cover. My major issue is monkey butt from heat. Hoping all the good reviews are what I find as well. Should be in before the weekend so I am looking forward to testing it out.

Really didn't understand all the complaints about seats until I got my KTM. Seat on it is horrible. There's no exuse for a seat like it. Completely miss-shaped for any rider. Wrong seat foam. I can ride for 10 hours in relative comfort on my Harley, but the KTM - 30 minutes and I'm squirming. Just ordered a $eat Concepts 'upgrade' in desperation. Thinking I'll have to ditch this bike if I can't fix the ergonomic disaster that it is.

Really didn't understand all the complaints about seats until I got my KTM. Seat on it is horrible. There's no exuse for a seat like it. Completely miss-shaped for any rider. Wrong seat foam. I can ride for 10 hours in relative comfort on my Harley, but the KTM - 30 minutes and I'm squirming. Just ordered a $eat Concepts 'upgrade' in desperation. Thinking I'll have to ditch this bike if I can't fix the ergonomic disaster that it is.
What KTM do you ride?

paid 250.00 for a mustang wide touring seat a long time ago, best thing I ever brought for the bike and me
don't think I would be paying the prices now

The seat on my Vmax is horrible. I just got it back on the road (after an extra long sleep) this spring and have about 3k worth of rides on it. I've been hoping that it's kind of like a bicycle seat- you get used to it. Not so yet. There's a slightly used Corbin seat specific to the Vmax locally for sale but I haven't been able to convince myself it will be any better.

Back
Top Bottom