Scrapping motorcycle | GTAMotorcycle.com

Scrapping motorcycle

nyx

My first bike broke down years ago and was sitting collecting rust. A real ‘backyard ornament’ Now the parking situation has changed, and I need to have it removed. There’s nothing much to salvage from it I think. It’s 250 vstar.
Who do I call??

TIA

Put it out at the curb with a FREE sign on it. It will be gone by morning.
Agree. Unless someone really wants it, you will probably pay more to get it towed away than you get from it. If you really want to be nice, sign the ownership and leave it with the bike so the person can register it. Keep your plates. After it disappears, tell the MTO that you no longer own it.

Most junk yards will come pick up your vehicle free of charge. You should ask if they do motorcycles.

The scrap yard will ask that you remove the license plate and sign the vehicle portion of your ownership papers over to them, because it's treated like a sale.

More info here:

I removed plates years ago since it wasn’t worth fixing anymore, and used them on my current ride. There isn’t much traffic on our street where it’s parked, maybe if I post it on one of those giveaway apps.

Is Bent Bikes (Salvage) still around in Mississauga? Wharton Way IIRC. If there were usable parts one man's trash is another's treasure.

Another option is to donate it to a riding school. Most of them have onsite mechanics who could fix up a bike and a 250 V-Star is definitely one that they could use in their fleet. And if it's not fixable, they could scavenge it for parts.

Give RTI a call and see if they'd take it away for you: 416‑516‑6151 or 1‑866‑876‑1551

Another option is to donate it to a riding school. Most of them have onsite mechanics who could fix up a bike and a 250 V-Star is definitely one that they could use in their fleet.

Give RTI a call and see if they'd take it away for you: 416‑516‑6151 or 1‑866‑876‑1551

I thought this model type would be a great candidate for schools for educational purposes maybe? Open cruiser. But One of the cylinders stopped working, so it went down slowly, sitting out for 8 years now.

I removed plates years ago since it wasn’t worth fixing anymore, and used them on my current ride. There isn’t much traffic on our street where it’s parked, maybe if I post it on one of those giveaway apps.
Put it out the night before garbage day (or recycling, depending on your area). There are a few guys in my area that cruise the neighborhoods the night before garbage day and pick up anything containing any type of metal. We call them Ironmen.

Personally, I wouldn't just put it out for a scrapper or some random to pickup.....because it has a VIN. A VIN that's registered to you.
Part of a "normal" selling process involves getting the ownership signed, a UVIP, a receipt....etc. That offers some basic level of protection should that VIN number end up being part of a crime at some point in the future.

Just having a stranger haul it away in the middle of the night seems risky to me honestly.

If it were me I'd call someone like Kidney Car and have them come and haul it away properly. They'll get you to sign the ownership, have it registered as scrapped properly and removed from your name, and you'll get a deductible tax receipt on top of it all.

Before you call a scrapper post it on Kijiji for $2K. Ran when parked, no lowballers, I know what I've got, etc. so we can roast it in the overpriced motorcycles thread first.

Edit: bonus points for using Brampton as the location.

Before you call a scrapper post it on Kijiji for $2K. Ran when parked, no lowballers, I know what I've got, etc. so we can roast it in the overpriced motorcycles thread first.

Edit: bonus points for using Brampton as the location.
Accept the lowball $500 offer and they will think they got a great deal.

Back
Top Bottom