Saturday September 4 - Not So Secret Streetcar | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Saturday September 4 - Not So Secret Streetcar

I'll need a new bike if I were to think of doing a long trip with you, @shanekingsley lol.

Looks like a nice route, wishing you a wonderful trip :)
I've done some pretty long rides with others on the SV650 as well, but I think they had aftermarket seats on theirs. I think one guy was 6'2" and he could do 1000km days with me no problem.

I'll be staying close to Barry's Bay from Fri-Mon, if roster ends up not being full I can meet up with you guys somewhere.

Saw so many bikes out today, I imagine I crossed paths with you guys at some point lol I ended up switching bookings and relocated to this INSANE cottage on Boshkung Lake on 35. Good to see so many riders out and glad you guys got your pic with the formerly secret streetcar lol

Great ride guys! Thanks for showing me how slow I really am!! Thanks for leading @shanekingsley and not leaving the slow poke behind!

good meeting you @kurtrules and @voyageur just happened to be there at the secret spot!
When I took the detour from 118, I really didn't know the streetcar location nor did I know it was gravel road. I hadn't previously checked Shane's map closely. I wouldn't have even stopped there if it weren't for you guys and would have missed the streetcar lol. Talk about coincidence.

It was great meeting everyone! Nice to put faces to handles ;)

When I took the detour from 118, I really didn't know the streetcar location nor did I know it was gravel road. I hadn't previously checked Shane's map closely. I wouldn't have even stopped there if it weren't for you guys and would have missed the streetcar lol. Talk about coincidence.

It was great meeting everyone! Nice to put faces to handles ;)
It’s like a Festivus Miracle!

Anyone wants to do it in a couple of weeks, but in half of Shane’s pace?

Anyone wants to do it in a couple of weeks, but in half of Shane’s pace?
I had a family thing come up while we were at the streetcar, so we didn't do the whole ride. After Dorset we made our way over to Hwy 11 near Bracebridge and blasted home from there. I think it was around 800km for the day - we left my house around 6:30am and got home around 6pm. The gravel roads were beautiful to be on and we just took our time on them considering we were on street tires. Be mindful that some of the roads are very twisty, so make sure you are always hydrated and keep the meals frequent, small and light. Harburn Road, Kenissis Lake Rd / Watts Road and Kushog Lake Road are ideally not for new riders.

The shortened route we did was more like:

Morning Route: Georgina to Fort Irwin
Afternoon Route: 4986 Haliburton Lake Rd to Innisfil

Nice run! (y)
How far along Kennaway did you all go, just to the streetcar? When I went I was going to the end to see the Scout Reserve Camp, but it was gated off so I had to turn back. Also I believe there is a truck in the woods someplace.

Nice run! (y)
How far along Kennaway did you all go, just to the streetcar? When I went I was going to the end to see the Scout Reserve Camp, but it was gated off so I had to turn back. Also I believe there is a truck in the woods someplace.
We did the section between the 118 and #15 like below.
1631031003260.png

We also did another easy section of dirt and gavel which is Boice Bradley Rd. It's a bit tighter in spots than Kenneway Rd, but I've done it before with a rider on a fully loaded FJR and it was totally fine. It's a fun shortcut to get between Harburn Rd and Kennisis Lake Rd / Watts Road like below:
1631031158355.png

We did the section between the 118 and #15 like below.
View attachment 51107

We also did another easy section of dirt and gavel which is Boice Bradley Rd. It's a bit tighter in spots than Kenneway Rd, but I've done it before with a rider on a fully loaded FJR and it was totally fine. It's a fun shortcut to get between Harburn Rd and Kennisis Lake Rd / Watts Road like below:
View attachment 51108
Did you run 15 south into Wilberforce? Going left on 15 heads to a private owners only access road. Looks like it runs to Peterson Rd.
15 to Wilberforce has a few good bends.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

Did you run 15 south into Wilberforce? Going left on 15 heads to a private owners only access road. Looks like it runs to Peterson Rd.
15 to Wilberforce has a few good bends.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk
We ran the 15 north from Wilberforce.
About 10 years ago I tried to take Kenneway Rd that is supposed to go from the end of the #15 to Peterson Rd, but it was gated off right near the end of #15 and the bike wouldn't fit. I can't recall what kind of gate it was and if a smaller dirt bike could fit, but I remember there was no way to get the VStrom past the gate. This time we did not run the 15 right to the end, and once we hit Kenneway we headed west to the streetcar.

We ran the 15 north from Wilberforce.
About 10 years ago I tried to take Kenneway Rd that is supposed to go from the end of the #15 to Peterson Rd, but it was gated off right near the end of #15 and the bike wouldn't fit. I can't recall what kind of gate it was and if a smaller dirt bike could fit, but I remember there was no way to get the VStrom past the gate. This time we did not run the 15 right to the end, and once we hit Kenneway we headed west to the streetcar.
You can still go up north on Burleigh rd 15 right? up to Elephant road or I'm missing something.

Back
Top Bottom