Saturday September 4 - Not So Secret Streetcar | GTAMotorcycle.com

Saturday September 4 - Not So Secret Streetcar

shanekingsley

Curry - so nice it burns you twice
Site Supporter
EDIT: Ride is tentatively full.

If anyone wants to join, on Saturday Sept 4th, I'm going for a long ride exploring the Haliburton area.

NOTE: There is a streetcar that is buried in the forest off a gravel road that I want to take a picture of with my bike near it, so I plan on riding about 50-100km of dirt/gravel on this ride, even though I'm riding on street tires (Pilot Road 4's). Some of these dirt roads I have not been on before, so I have no idea what to expect.
Definitely not for newer riders due to the pace and very twisty roads.
3 other riders max, since smaller groups are easier and safer to manage.

Time: Leaving my house in Mississauga at around 6:30am while the temps are nice and to beat any morning traffic to cottage country. Hope to be home by 7pm. Can meet anywhere between Mississauga and the top of Hwy 404 if needed.

Lunch: I'm bringing snacks and will pack a light lunch - no sit down restaurant meal, but will stop to eat by the water at a nice scenic spot.

Pace: Responsible in the straights, respectful in the smaller towns and fun the corners. Gas stops every 200km or so. If you have ridden with me before - same thing.

Route: Round trip from the top of the 404 will be around 750km. Google Maps says about 12hrs.
Morning Route: Georgina to Fort Irwin
Afternoon Route: Fort Irwin to Georgina

Post up or PM if interested.
Cheers!

1629728779865.png

Last edited:
Ah. You mean this one off Kennaway road near the scout camp. Not much left of it.

Was moving pretty good when I climbed it.
3c353a34b775ca3d9c1416f64338a796.jpg

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

Awesome pic again:)
Nice to compare the two at different times of the year.

edit: and no haven't bought a new bike yet. Some family stuff came up so it's been delayed, but still slowly saving the coin anyways. But my current bike is only 2 yrs old to me and I haven't been up to that streetcar in about 5 years.

Last edited:
when ya putting knobbies on the 'glide?
Ha, I've thought about it, like more higher split like 70/30 ish.. maybe to revisit the idea :unsure:

Will have to say the HD Dunlops were better for gravel and other non street riding, with that distinct centre tread it helped. I have Michelin commander II now and it's just not the same.

Looks awesome. I’d love to join but Friday es no bueno por mi, and I’d probably hold the group up with the meager mileage on the FZ09.

I’ll keep the route for future reference though

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

Ha, I've thought about it, like more higher split like 70/30 ish.. maybe to revisit the idea :unsure:

Will have to say the HD Dunlops were better for gravel and other non street riding, with that distinct centre tread it helped. I have Michelin commander II now and it's just not the same.
There's a guy on NABR on a broken sportster. It's pretty cool but he may not be the right rider for the bike. Just to give you ideas.

240432814-10225683371852001-4169423076534171411-n.jpg

If we don’t go to the cottage I’m in.
Sounds great.
Let me know if you are up for leaving extra early (5:30-6am), so we get most of the boring highway portion done before sunrise. That might also get us home earlier, or if it's hot out, we can take more breaks and not feel rushed in any way.

Sounds great.
Let me know if you are up for leaving extra early (5:30-6am), so we get most of the boring highway portion done before sunrise. That might also get us home earlier, or if it's hot out, we can take more breaks and not feel rushed in any way.
I’m always down for a super early start. Just need to confirm with my wife how comfortable she is taking a trailer to the cottage as I may drop off toward Wasaga if we go.

I was almost ready to take the Friday off!

I think nack around 2006 or 2007 on my first V-Strom.

Sorry sounds like a nice ride but Saturdays don't work for me.

Screenshot_20210826-163321_Facebook.jpg
..Tom

Back
Top Bottom