S.O.A.R. Southern Ontario Association of Racing | Page 11 | GTAMotorcycle.com

S.O.A.R. Southern Ontario Association of Racing

Dont forget four hrs or so practice and a qualifier race on Sat. Eat your wheaties. Just think some guys run four and five classes

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Very exciting. I feel like a virgin on prom night.

I have seen you ride you are going to do fine. This will ramp up your learning curve. Ivam always excited seeing all the new guys/girls each spring. You are about to do something few people do (realatively speaking) and fewer do well. Just have fun with it.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Not running rookie?

I'll have to see if my lap times are anywhere near respectable against inline-4 600s. My bike has more like SV650 power. If I can run mid-pack-ish in rookie then I might give it a go at some point. I think one sprint class plus endurance is fine for a start.

Also, it seems like a *pile* of people show up for rookie the first week or two. Might be nice to let the herd thin out a bit, rather than jumping in there in May with 18 other guys who are as clueless as I am. :)

I sent Michelle a text to ask he to post them in the meantime if you PM me an email address I will send them to you.

Just registered for Round 1, including the race school Friday. Ken (or anyone else who knows), does the $150 fee for the race school cover the track fees for the Friday, or do I still have to register via GBM for Friday?

Just registered for Round 1, including the race school Friday. Ken (or anyone else who knows), does the $150 fee for the race school cover the track fees for the Friday, or do I still have to register via GBM for Friday?
When I did it, you did not have to pay for the Friday separate, since you are not hitting the track until after lunch and you are with a controlled rider for at least one session, but it might have changed.

Where is the sticky for RACE?

What would you like to know?

SOAR is the unofficial race series of GTAM. RACE not so much.

Sometimes it seems like RACE is a dirty word in these parts..... doesn't make much sense to me.

RACE isn't a derrrty word, but Caboose is. Shebam, been awhile since I brawled. Let's roll!

What would you like to know?

SOAR is the unofficial race series of GTAM. RACE not so much.

Sometimes it seems like RACE is a dirty word in these parts..... doesn't make much sense to me.

There's definitely an "us vs them" mentality.

They don't help themselves out by being easy to communicate with.

My past record with them is two emails sent, zero replied to.

SOAR has a presence here and that new fangled thing called FB.

Last edited:
SOAR's Ken started this thread, I am sure the guy that runs RACE could have done the same

RACE isn't a derrrty word, but Caboose is. Shebam, been awhile since I brawled. Let's roll!

Are you ever going to come back or is your vagina still too sore?

There's definitely an "us vs them" mentality.

I believe u to be correct

Which I think is more of a perception thing now than it used to be. I have had several people talk to me about how unfriendly RACE is but I never really experienced that. Perhaps because my first days at RACE were with one of the Row 1 Rejects I was accepted among them? Or tolerated? Not sure.... however those days and those people are gone. I think that the people that are there now are just as friendly as anywhere else.

They don't help themselves out by being easy to communicate with.

My past record with them is two emails sent, zero replied to.

SOAR has a presence here and that new fangled thing called FB.

Yah, their communication and internet presence is definitely lacking. Some of my emails were never replied to either but they are pretty decent with returning phone calls FWIW. SOAR is better in that regard.

Back
Top Bottom