Running - Brampton / Mississauga | GTAMotorcycle.com

Running - Brampton / Mississauga

frekeyguy

Got into running, wanting to run / Join groups to help my running.

Any running groups in Brampton / Mississauga?

The running room has learn to run programs and 5k / 10k programs, but it seems they have no sessions opening up anytime soon. Anywhere else I can try ?

Running is a really good way to stay fit & lose weight. Sorry just had to say it.

I don't run anymore because I'm dropping pounds

Hate running...but need to get moving as the mid section is growing and growing slowly....I go to the gym regularly, and it helps, but that's only weight lifting.

I guess I need to change my diet....but love beer so much....

OP there should be some Meetup sites that have running groups. I joined a few for hikes years ago but stopped due to schedule.

Running is a really good way to stay fit & lose weight. Sorry just had to say it.

I don't run anymore because I'm dropping pounds

Its been decent, holding steady at 205-207lbs for a few weeks with running. I can still put on some muscle even with running.

Hate running...but need to get moving as the mid section is growing and growing slowly....I go to the gym regularly, and it helps, but that's only weight lifting.

I guess I need to change my diet....but love beer so much....

OP there should be some Meetup sites that have running groups. I joined a few for hikes years ago but stopped due to schedule.

I love beer too! The running is allowing me to keep the gut in check. It will be winter soon - no more beer.

Its been decent, holding steady at 205-207lbs for a few weeks with running. I can still put on some muscle even with running.

I love beer too! The running is allowing me to keep the gut in check. It will be winter soon - no more beer.
I can't believe I just read that! Wtf?!?

I thought the whole point of winter was beer?

Also...it's Canada...no one is chasing me = no reason to run. My weight loss technique is eating bathroom tissue for breakfast and lunch.

I can't believe I just read that! Wtf?!?

about the beer or me being 200lbs +?

I thought the whole point of winter was beer?

Also...it's Canada...no one is chasing me = no reason to run. My weight loss technique is eating bathroom tissue for breakfast and lunch.

lmao! what

The running room has learn to run programs and 5k / 10k programs, but it seems they have no sessions opening up anytime soon. Anywhere else I can try ?

Yo same here. I always have the motivation then boom.. I stop... I usually run around bovaird.. or up kennedy or even the trails. But i struggle to just do 3kms...hahahha I get bored!

Yo same here. I always have the motivation then boom.. I stop... I usually run around bovaird.. or up kennedy or even the trails. But i struggle to just do 3kms...hahahha I get bored!

Well I've been taking different routes, and running / walking, im a pretty bad runner. 2.5 Miles in 32min.

I just don't want to get bored - so I am hoping to join a group to stay motivated.

Just got involved in running too. You think you're in shape till you run. Twenty years at the gym and first time out I couldn't make it to the end of my street. It's hard work for ~ 200 lb guys. Added in juicing once a day... it really helps... kinda like hitting the NOS button. Also takes away your cravings for carbs or sweets or large meals.

For beginners, running room is great. My mother in law started running with them and likes the motivation of a group. I think she started off with the learn to run then the 5k program. They do the walk/run, ie run 1min walk 1min, then run 2min walk 1min, etc all the way to run 10min walk 1min to continuous running as you progress.

If you are a bit more advanced, there is nomads in mississauga (http://www.nomadsrunning.com/nomadsrunning/home.html). They have several meet ups per week and a long run on sundays I think (with water stations setup along the route). I joined them on the long run few times, just show up, the group splits into different abilities/paces/distances.

Back
Top Bottom