Rosey Toes | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Rosey Toes

i have a crush on nyx13

So did i. But then i apologized for falling on her, and made some inappropriate comments to cheer her up.

yes the machanic at the end of the lane at rosey toes, his name is frank. he does all makes and models of cars.

Thumbs up for Ted. Picked up my bike at my place (had a flat tire and no trailer). Had the tire installation done on the day he quoted. Quick, painless, and fair price for his services.

I've heard nothing but good things about Rosey Toes so I decided to give them a try for a bike safety. $40 for the safety and $40 for a house call, which I thought was very reasonable. Made an appointment for Friday at 8pm. I called a second time that week and asked if they would be able to also tune my suspension. Ted said he didn't have the exact sheet for pricing but he would let me know. I never got another call again which somewhat worried me but I didn't want to bug him. My appointment was definitely in the schedule because when I called the second time he referred to it.

anyways Friday comes along, it's a little past 8pm and I decide to call them to see if they remembered about the suspension tuning so they could bring needed tools. I call and guess what? My appointment is cancelled because they ran out of certificate papers.

1) No apology.
2) No call ahead of time (or at all) to me to tell me they wouldn't be coming.
3) Bad organization. You would think they set aside the required materials (nuts, bolts, parts, papers) for a scheduled job instead of using up those components for walk-ins and then running out for someone who made an appointment.
4) No remedial action, they didn't offer to call me when they received more papers but I have to keep calling every couple days instead. This wouldn't be a big deal but I felt it just added to the negative experience I was having as I felt very ignored and not at all an important customer. If they offered SOME kind of apology or corrective action (Whether it just be letting me know when they're stocked) then that would have saved them.

I'm not entirely throwing RT out, I'll still give them a chance, but with CW opening up in Mississauga I just might bring my business to them instead.

I dropped my bike off this morning to get an oil change, brake pads changed and a general inspection...
as usual, Ted had his humour lol great guy and always gives a good deal..quoted me $200 over the phone, charged me $150 in person!

oh and for above, yea lots of ppl dropped by today to do safeties but he was out of papers and they didn't get delivered in time by the ministry...

I would definitely refer him to anyone, he's old school and a good guy!

Picked up my bike from Ted after a super quick turn around (less than 24 hrs).

He goes to me "That'll be $120 . . . or a hand job". Classic Ted.

The way I look at it, Ted is like motorcycling itself. Its dirty, unorganized, and a little crazy, but overall the best experience for getting from point A to B. Same with Ted, he's rough around the edges, but I probably wouldn't go to another mechanic now, after to going to him twice.

...He goes to me "That'll be $120 . . . or a hand job". Classic Ted.

The way I look at it, Ted is like motorcycling itself. Its dirty, unorganized, and a little crazy, but overall the best experience for getting from point A to B. Same with Ted, he's rough around the edges, but I probably wouldn't go to another mechanic now, after going to him twice.

I hope you washed your hands. Twice.

ted just received new cert books today (200) they wont last long, as for service work bring your bike to the shop. why should ted be running around to your house to service your bike when he a perfectly good shop. certs are one thing but service is another, lose the attitude

Haha i have been living in the same neighbourhood for 10 years or since i was 8? or 9? and i never noticed it when i went by until i got a bike. I thought it was closed and didnt even think it existed. Until i went there 10 years later when i got my first bike! I brought both my bikes there for safety and he gave me a good deal both times! He was really helpful and understanding and tried to help me out alot. Also the other guys in there gave me some good tips and taught me a few things. Will go again soon!

He came to certify the bike. Nice guy and all, but he didn't seem to really check anything out except for the tire tread, signal lights. Took less than a minute. I don't know if that's a good or bad thing. Lucky for me I know the previous owner and he took real good care of it. I will be doing my own servicing. All I asked was for spring preload: 2 wrenches and 10-15 minutes. He quoted me a price and asked if I had tools but when he came he said to go to his shop instead so I'll just be doing it myself.

as for service work bring your bike to the shop. why should ted be running around to your house to service your bike when he a perfectly good shop.

Ah
Because he does House calls

Thanks to Ted for coming out to Certify my bike last night.

Great service. Always a pleasure.

Picked up my bike from Ted after a super quick turn around (less than 24 hrs).

He goes to me "That'll be $120 . . . or a hand job". Classic Ted.

The way I look at it, Ted is like motorcycling itself. Its dirty, unorganized, and a little crazy, but overall the best experience for getting from point A to B. Same with Ted, he's rough around the edges, but I probably wouldn't go to another mechanic now, after to going to him twice.

AHAHAHAHA

I've been quoted on Ted's website . . .tee hee

http://dontai.com/oldsite/roseytoes/

Ted is great, and he does NOT gouge you on repairs! I have known him since my days working at Cycle World in the 1980`s! Bravo, Ted!!!

Back
Top Bottom