Rosey Toes | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Rosey Toes

Ted is a good mechanic but you guys are talking about service that anyone can do..

Any yo yo mechanic can change a tire...if your rims are scratched it's because they used tire irons and forgot to use the plastic protectors.

Ted's been keeping mostly shitboxes running for years so rim protectors are not a priority.

I am not saying don't bring your ducati there but be a little careful.

Anyways, IMO everyone should at least know how to do a tire change with tire irons. It's really not that hard unless you have a 240 size tire.

Remember, no one is going to go over a bike like the owner is.

I went today to put new tires on my 2007 FZ6. My rims are black and look absolutely brand new.
Tires were installed in no time, balanced, etc - no scratches, excellent service as usual. As he was pulling my bike into the shop - he qucikly pointed out that my clutch cable needs to be replaced(which I knew but totally forgot). Such is Ted-always tells you little bit extra and main thing for me that he does not mind when I am standing right next to him when he works on my bike.
As for the safety - everytime I safety my bike he asks if I am doing safety for myself or for sale. I usually safety for myself and he always points out all the things that need to be adjusted and as he does so - he fixes half of it on the fly. I jot down all the things and fix hatever is left later. If you do not know anything about the bikes and rely solely on safety to make sure your bike is safe for the road - may be you should be looking at getting more services beside safety.

Back
Top Bottom