Riding the HVAC lane at Rush hour...Like Moses in the red sea... | GTAMotorcycle.com

Riding the HVAC lane at Rush hour...Like Moses in the red sea...

Veej

I ride the HVO lane in rush hour on Don mills, sometimes I do 60-70 km while the cars left of me are on a stand still...

I'm always weerie about some "tool" in that lane sitting there feeling trapped, soaked in the city traffic, the burden of urban life weighing down on him while sitting in standstill....and then....with-out blinking an eye lid this "Tool" has a sudden urge of breaking free, of taking up a cause...being a hero to all cagers and breaking the norm, an outlaw for "Ford Nation" (Rob Ford the Pro-Cager)...well this tool would just turn right into the clean lane from stand still while I'm going through at 70 km/hr like moses throught the red sea....Only difference is Moses had someone holding the sea at bay.....

So do anyone of you feel this real threat looming on you while driviing down this clear awesome lane while the cagers are beside you in stand still...(you can almost feel their envious eyes on you).

Last edited:
I don;t know anything about heat or air conditioning, where do I start?

HVAC lane? What? LOL im dying:lmao:

I'm very cautious driving in that lane in those conditions..if you pay attention, you can actually see the skid marks and the impact marks on the centre median concrete barrier where this has obviously happened before. Equally tool-ish are the guys who squat on your bumper in those conditions..

I glance in to vehicle's back windows... if I can or look in the side mirrors to see where they are looking or what they are doing.. may give an idea how they may react.

Next time at a stop light, check how many people have their heads down.. they are usuing txting on their mobile devices.

I find I get sucked in to those HVAC lanes....

But seriously, I thought bikes were not permitted in the HOV lanes in Ontario?

We should be able to use them. Silly laws

Who can use HOV lanes?

HOV lanes on provincial highways are reserved for any of the following passenger vehicles carrying at least two people (often referred to as 2+):
  • Car
  • Commercial truck less than 6.5 metres long
  • Minivan
  • Motorcycle
  • Taxi or limousine
  • Bus
A bus of any type can use an HOV lane, even without passengers. This helps buses keep to their schedules and provide reliable, efficient service.
Emergency vehicles are permitted to use the HOV lanes at all times.
Which vehicles are NOT allowed to use HOV lanes?

• A vehicle with only the driver
  • Motorcycles with only the driver
  • Commercial trucks greater than 6.5 metres in length or with a gross weight of more than 4,500 kg
  • Taxis or limousines without a fare

I'm not sure about the HVAC lanes as my furnace doesn't move, but the HOV lanes in Toronto allow motorcycles (thank you Councilman Case) even when there is only a single occupant, i.e. just the rider :cool:

Before someone gets confused:

HOV lanes in Toronto: allowed single rider or 2up.
HOV lanes on 403 and other highways: 2up only.

Good to know! Thanks for clearing that up.

I love the feeling .. specially on don mills where everyone is stuck on the lights.. I like to shake my head at the sound of tunes just to show my happiness..

be careful, the cagers like to be *** about it and move into that lane 2 or 3 lights before they are turning and they usually (almost always) ignore their mirrors.. SPECIALLY the soccer moms on their big cars.. damn ladies!!! In almost a year of riding I have had many close calls with MILFs and none of them being the type of "close calls" guys dream about..

...So do anyone of you feel this real threat looming on you while driviing down this clear awesome lane while the cagers are beside you in stand still...(you can almost feel their envious eyes on you).

I really love that HOV lane on Dom Mills, which can save you so much time. Often there is a cop watching just north of York Mills, and many drivers know this. Still, be very careful. I would not blast by them at 70kph, maybe 50. If they decide to pull out you'll splat. I also keep my thumb on my horn, watching for any indication of trouble. Frankly, because of the drivers, the HOV lane makes me nervous.

The HVAC lanes on Toronto SUCK because there are too many HOT headed drivers that if you give them the finger they will VENT their anger at you. It is best for everyone to COOL down on the road. I think it would be safer to travel in one of those orange and white Direct Energy vans.

be careful, the cagers like to be *** about it and move into that lane 2 or 3 lights before they are turning and they usually (almost always) ignore their mirrors.. SPECIALLY the soccer moms on their big cars.. damn ladies!!! In almost a year of riding I have had many close calls with MILFs and none of them being the type of "close calls" guys dream about..
hahaha

we can only dream :D

I gotta go buy a furnace repair van to drive in it?

You could stick with ventilation and just poke holes in things all day.

Besides its the Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil lane now - see below - You need a tanker truck.

I ride the HVO lane in rush hour on Don mills, sometimes I do 60-70 km while the cars left of me are on a stand still...

I'm always weerie about some "tool" in that lane sitting there feeling trapped, soaked in the city traffic, the burden of urban life weighing down on him while sitting in standstill....and then....with-out blinking an eye lid this "Tool" has a sudden urge of breaking free, of taking up a cause...being a hero to all cagers and breaking the norm, an outlaw for "Ford Nation" (Rob Ford the Pro-Cager)...well this tool would just turn right into the clean lane from stand still while I'm going through at 70 km/hr like moses throught the red sea....Only difference is Moses had someone holding the sea at bay.....

So do anyone of you feel this real threat looming on you while driviing down this clear awesome lane while the cagers are beside you in stand still...(you can almost feel their envious eyes on you).

Last edited:
so is 404 from highway 7 to DVP allowing bikes with only one passenger ?

Yes if you have one or more passengers.. But if it's just you (the rider), then only on Toronto city streets.

Back
Top Bottom