Rider's choice for first set of gear | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Rider's choice for first set of gear

I picked up a few things at RC today, nothing expensive. The three people working all said hello when I walked in. The owner asked me about my bike. I looked around for a bit without being badgered and after a few minutes someone asked if I needed help. Chatted a bit more, paid less than I would have at a few other shops I've been to and left happy.

I do have a nice *** though, maybe that was it. :D
Pics or it didn't happen. lol

Pics or it didn't happen. lol

25jct4x.jpg
:D

For the record, I went to Rider's Choice this March and ordered a Rev'It! Sand jacket and pant suit. RC price matched Revzilla in the US. They even asked that I sit on their Duc with the suit on before going home to make sure I had a good fit.

What does this mean? It means that on that day, I had a good experience. Maybe next time I'll catch someone on a bad day while I'm having a bad day myself. Stuff happens. I'm not that big a fan of Royal Distributing, had some poor experiences there, but I still go back because they have stuff there I need for the price that makes the ride/drive out there worth while. One bad experience is just that.

What does this mean? It means that on that day, I had a good experience. Maybe next time I'll catch someone on a bad day while I'm having a bad day myself. Stuff happens.

+1

---------------------

You want a bad experience? Go to Kahuna. It's a "car crash" of a dealership/shop.

My 2 cents anyway.

You don't like the service tell him to his face .. " I hear what you are saying but that is not within my budget right now" Only a dumb *** would still try to sell you what you can't afford. My whole point is Man up find some stones..

Last edited:
I'd like to invite all the femmes over to discuss "What Not To Wear".
I need help getting a stream line fit with adequate to great protection.
Off the rack never does justice to my rack. Totally enjoyed this passionate thread;
What great things I learn.
In the spring I am purchasing from RC Frey Daytona Ladystar boots. Let's all go together
and drive them crazy. Yes?

Hey everyone, not sure if others have experienced this as well...I'm a total noob at this and have started looking for gear (currently using my cousin's gear) and thought I'd give RC a shot. Once I started talking to some older dude there, grey hair, can't remember the name. He immediately took me around and showed me only the most expensive stuff and basically talked down to me when I asked about something more affordable.
I understand quality is expensive but the attitude of the staff and rude responses basically made me not want to return there again. I walked away as I dont believe in spending my $ at a place that talks in such a way to customers.

John is condescending by nature. It doesn't matter how many years you have been riding or how good your gear is when you walk in the door...this is the way he is...even if you know your stuff. Often his staff will give you a look or a wink to let you know they know exactly how you feel and when he walks away they will deal with you in a more understanding manner.

With John...basically walk in, act stupid and let him give you his spiel...tell him you will consider it. He will usually unload a fair bit of useful information on you, get a bit bored and annoyed then walk away.

In his own way he is a good guy and really does care about riding and riders. His style is just abrasive. On track days he softens up a little but wont hesistate from yelling at aggressive / dangerous riders like they are is own kids.

Every shop seems to have a character in this city, from RC, to Rosey Toes, to Studio Cycle, to Pro 6, the list goes on.

I'd like to invite all the femmes over to discuss "What Not To Wear".
I need help getting a stream line fit with adequate to great protection.
Off the rack never does justice to my rack. Totally enjoyed this passionate thread;
What great things I learn.
In the spring I am purchasing from RC Frey Daytona Ladystar boots. Let's all go together
and drive them crazy. Yes?

Might want to try getting a custom suit if off the rack is not working for your rack;)

Back
Top Bottom