Removing frame sliders to help improve stopping power. | GTAMotorcycle.com

Removing frame sliders to help improve stopping power.

Fiery254

Site Supporter
I suppose having such a small contact area is really going to reduce my chances of stopping in an emergency so should I take them (and my bar ends) off to improve my contact surface area (and therefore my braking capability) for emergency situations?

Anyone?

63e69914-54a4-8228.jpg

I have actually rigged up my bike with two dozen grappling hooks that are fired via CO2 cartridges aimed in various directions.

I tapped into the tip sensor signal wire, so if the bike thinks its laying down all CO2 cartridges will discharge and fire the grappling hooks. Odds are one, two or three of them will grab something and stop me. All i have to do is ride the bike like a toboggan after I have laid it down.

I have actually rigged up my bike with two dozen grappling hooks that are fired via CO2 cartridges aimed in various directions.

I tapped into the tip sensor signal wire, so if the bike thinks its laying down all CO2 cartridges will discharge and fire the grappling hooks. Odds are one, two or three of them will grab something and stop me. All i have to do is ride the bike like a toboggan after I have laid it down.

What if one of hooks grabs onto another fast moving object like a car?

I suppose having such a small contact area is really going to reduce my chances of stopping in an emergency so should I take them (and my bar ends) off to improve my contact surface area (and therefore my braking capability) for emergency situations?

Anyone?
I think you might be heading in the wrong direction. Let's say you get cut off by a train, and the only way to survive a collision with it is to slide under it to safety. If you have an insufficiently slippery motorcycle, you might find your self skidding to a halt under the train! I don't think anybody wants that! What you really need, is one side of the bike with lots of friction material, try attaching old brake bads and Agave's A.S.S., but on the other side, Teflon sliders. Nothing sticks to Teflon except when I cook. So, upon identifying an impending collision, you can choose to lay er down with the sticky side, or the slippery side, depending on the situation.

A quick scan of SOAR and WERA rule books and i can't find anything outlawing grappling hooks. So long as you safety wire them to the bike first.

What if one grabs on to you :(

I never leave my driveway, I installed sliders so i would look cool but I'd like longer ones. I took the kickstand off to save weight and look racery but when i lay the bike on its side to store it really heavy to pick up.

Can anybody tell me where to buy extra long sliders? I guess since they are just used for storage I need sitters.

You guys are so negative.

I tried it once and it worked. Therefor it will work every time.

I think you might be heading in the wrong direction. Let's say you get cut off by a train, and the only way to survive a collision with it is to slide under it to safety. If you have an insufficiently slippery motorcycle, you might find your self skidding to a halt under the train! I don't think anybody wants that! What you really need, is one side of the bike with lots of friction material, try attaching old brake bads and Agave's A.S.S., but on the other side, Teflon sliders. Nothing sticks to Teflon except when I cook. So, upon identifying an impending collision, you can choose to lay er down with the sticky side, or the slippery side, depending on the situation.

Perfect!!

I've installed an ejection seat with a swival mechanism. If the bike starts to lay down, the seat moves me so I am straight up and fires me straight up in the air. I then float happily back to earth. At the same time, my bike engages a powerful magnet designed to use the earths natural magnet properties to immedatly stop the bike from sliding.

Anyone?

i'm thinking you should check your turn signal and brake light fluid first...

I found and installed reverse thusters from the 2012 Harley Davidson CVO catalog. Only genuine HD for me. Made in China so, I know they are quality. Aftermarket is crap and can't be relied upon.

Wait, my problem isn't stopping, it's actually trying to get things moving when stopped.

It's gonna be a long winter isn't it?

I found and installed reverse thusters from the 2012 Harley Davidson CVO catalog. Only genuine HD for me. Made in China so, I know they are quality. Aftermarket is crap and can't be relied upon.

Wait, my problem isn't stopping, it's actually trying to get things moving when stopped.

It's gonna be a long winter isn't it?

Well at least this thread has me chuckling and not banging my head.

The other thread does provide some insight into who hasn't got a clue though.

Back
Top Bottom