Recommendations for a good cruiser/tourer | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Recommendations for a good cruiser/tourer

It's actually a restyle of the bike I have, the FXSTC. Most comfortable bike I've ever ridden. No, not a sport bike but in the city and the highway it's golden.

The FXSTC has a 32 degree front rake and 200 rear tire. The break out is 35 degree rake and 240 rear tire.

I’ve ridden a Night Train and a Breakout and found the Night Train easier to corner and manage around a parking lot.

Both are great on the highway but, I wouldn’t want to go much longer than a couple of hours before taking a stretch but, that just me. I have weary bones. Lol. My wrists, knees and neck can’t take the position or wind blast.

Still love HD though! That’s why they have so many varieties.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Got to love GTAM.

Guy comes on and ask's for cruiser / touring suggestions and is obviously looking more toward the cruiser side of things and pretty much the old bikes suggests are naked sport bikes or euro adventure bikes.

-

Got to love GTAM.

Guy comes on and ask's for cruiser / touring suggestions and is obviously looking more toward the cruiser side of things and pretty much the old bikes suggests are naked sport bikes or euro adventure bikes.

-

That’s ok, friend. For now it’s just research and I’m open to all suggestions. Ultimately, no matter what someone says I’ll be be buying whatever I think is going to make me happy. But it’s great to have these suggestions and debate. Just for the sake of starting some research, Ive been reading up on the Triumph Rocket 3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The FXSTC has a 32 degree front rake and 200 rear tire. The break out is 35 degree rake and 240 rear tire.

I’ve ridden a Night Train and a Breakout and found the Night Train easier to corner and manage around a parking lot.

Both are great on the highway but, I wouldn’t want to go much longer than a couple of hours before taking a stretch but, that just me. I have weary bones. Lol. My wrists, knees and neck can’t take the position or wind blast.

Still love HD though! That’s why they have so many varieties.

It's the same platform as the FXSTC and the Night Train, slightly more rake, low bars, chopped fender, softail suspension (that rides like a Cadillac and not like a Sportster). Remember this guy is only doing the occasional jaunt to Ottawa etc. A small clip-on fairing can be installed and removed on the Breakout. Certainly the less rake, the easier the steering, but you eventually get used to the bike.

I saw a Triumph Rocket 3 on the road last week. Interesting, but a bit of a styling aberration. Starts at $26,500 and at 2.5L I can't imagine it isn't a fuel guzzler. Absolutely the ultimate power cruiser if you have to win at every stop light. It would be a specific taste that would love that thing.

I’ve been eyeballing an HD Dyna Switchback. Detachable saddlebags and windscreen. Comfortable ergos. If I can find it in blue for a decent price, might bring it home.

Black is common, white and red are next followed by orange and blue.

I want blue.

I saw a Triumph Rocket 3 on the road last week. Interesting, but a bit of a styling aberration. Starts at $26,500 and at 2.5L I can't imagine it isn't a fuel guzzler. Absolutely the ultimate power cruiser if you have to win at every stop light. It would be a specific taste that would love that thing.

I’ve never seen one on the road but I’ve started looking at Kijiji and with the windshield + all the bells and whistles it looks pretty decent. I wouldn’t have the budget for brand new unfortunately but I’d look at a 2010++ model which is 2300cc. They’ve been going about 10-13k on the used market. Also, not that it’s a competition at every light, etc lol but it’s good power. Again, these are just prelim thoughts and opinions.

That’s ok, friend. For now it’s just research and I’m open to all suggestions. Ultimately, no matter what someone says I’ll be be buying whatever I think is going to make me happy. But it’s great to have these suggestions and debate. Just for the sake of starting some research, Ive been reading up on the Triumph Rocket 3

I demand all credit

vFR insurance is a lot
Really? Did something change recently, I don't pay a lot for mine. Mine has been insured last season and I am paying close to 800 per year I think.

I've heard the Triumph Rocket can be ouchy with insurance (more so then usual). But looks like a awesome bike!

I've heard the Triumph Rocket can be ouchy with insurance (more so then usual). But looks like a awesome bike!
Well the motor is bigger then most econoboxes 😬

I didn’t get that far yet but absolutely agree. It’s a monster and I’m sure the insurance is high enough to match. I’m currently paying $60 a month for my VStar so it’ll be interesting to see what the expected payment on the Rocket is.

I didn’t get that far yet but absolutely agree. It’s a monster and I’m sure the insurance is high enough to match. I’m currently paying $60 a month for my VStar so it’ll be interesting to see what the expected payment on the Rocket is.

That is really good, I pay twice as much for a 9 year old HD.... :rolleyes: :confused:

Yeah, that rocket might even be blacklisted, id get some quotes before pulling the trigger

Yeah, that rocket might even be blacklisted, id get some quotes before pulling the trigger
Doubt it, people aren’t crashing it in large numbers. Only reason would be they don’t insure over a certain cc

Doubt it, people aren’t crashing it in large numbers. Only reason would be they don’t insure over a certain cc

I used to have a 2000 CBR 929 RR and I never inquired with insurance till after I bought it, but most companies refused to insure it for me. Finally JevCo did it. Totally makes sense to inquire beforehand just to be damn sure

Last edited:
either way better to be sure before dropping stacks of cash

Someone earlier said BMW1600B, great bike with lots of power. Def something I like to get into but a budget of 20K isn't going to help since they are about 30k. Diavel or Diavel X aren't cheap but again if you get one make sure exhaust has already been done as a exhaust system for it is about 2500-3500 from what I have heard.

Good luck

Back
Top Bottom