Recent movies you saw - recommend or no | Page 151 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Recent movies you saw - recommend or no

Child 44. It's a disturbing movie, graphic. About the worst parts of human nature ... and set in the Russian context of the corrupt cold war communist era. What a cast too. Tom Hardy, Gary Oldman, etc. Not highly rated but I think its disturbing contents hurts its connection with a number of people. Definitely recommended if you can handle it.

Last edited:
The Art Of Racing In The Rain - welcome to the saddest movie ever made.

The Art Of Racing In The Rain - welcome to the saddest movie ever made.
The main character seems to do movies / TV shows that can make people cry. He's in "This is Us..." on Netflix..which had my wife in tears....every episode. It's funny, cause she's not one to cry.

Last edited:
Finally got to see Joker last night. Was pretty dark, but brilliant. I really enjoyed it, had to sit there for a minute afterwards to absorb it all. It was a very different take on the whole dc/marvel genre.

Joaquin Phoenix nailed it, I see the Joker in a different light now after seeing how he became the Joker.

Very late to the game with this one but I watched Vice last night. Great film but it just made me angry seeing sociopaths manipulate society for their own gains at the expense of thousands of lives.

The King on Netflix. Very much worth the time.

Finally, a movie that got medieval combat right. Now they just have to work on getting rid of the black clothes ;)
I watched this yesterday. Was entertaing, held my interest. But just so so moive wise. Thought it would be interesting as a series of some sort. Ya the action scenes were different. More realistic.

Gemini Man, not great but watchable

Rambo: Last Blood, I love the Rambo series but this was incoherent blah

The Courier, Olga Kurylenko (sp?) kicking butt with some scenes on a S1000R. It's a formulaic action movie in the best way. (y)

Rambo: Last Blood, I love the Rambo series but this was incoherent blah

The Courier, Olga Kurylenko (sp?) kicking butt with some scenes on a S1000R. It's a formulaic action movie in the best way. (y)
Hmm that is too bad about Rambo, it kinda looked interesting from the trailer and would have been fun to revisit the character.
Funny enough it got a high rating then the other movie you mention.

Watched Once Upon a Time...in Hollywood last night.... meh, not one of QT's best, but better then the last 2 movies. It will seem like a bunch of random stuff, and it kinda is, but you have to be a fan of movies and of QT's movies to get it though. Most of it will be lost on those expecting a more obivous plot etc. I think it also marks a interesting turn in the movie business which is now filled with slick superhero movies.

Watching Slingblade again. Billy Bob Thornton is probably one of the best actors ever. His work in Fargo the series was unreal.

Watched Once Upon a Time...in Hollywood last night.... meh, not one of QT's best, but better then the last 2 movies. It will seem like a bunch of random stuff, and it kinda is, but you have to be a fan of movies and of QT's movies to get it though. Most of it will be lost on those expecting a more obivous plot etc. I think it also marks a interesting turn in the movie business which is now filled with slick superhero movies.

I liked it, felt kinda like QT masturbated out a film. It's still a QT film though, with the cinematography and dialog that goes along with that.

Back
Top Bottom