Recent movies you saw - recommend or no | Page 199 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Recent movies you saw - recommend or no

Great story ...True story and my dottor in law was conceived on the night of the big win - ( mum n dad were sailors )
Australia went nuts…..132 years in the making…..and hero who designed the boat and in particular the secret keel had only 3 years of regular education up against the New York Yacht Club and access to naval architects and piles of money....…the Aussie was clearly a savant on the spectrum tho that was not really recognized at the time. Pretty obvious in hindsight.
Feel good story...

Aussies and new zealanders tend to punch above their weight in a lot of sports. For a country of only 20 odd million people we've even had a crazy amount of motorcycling champions. It's a very competitive country and the way the Institute of sport is set up is quite amazing.

Only Marvel has the money to throw at an insider movie with an expensive cast just for fun. I did like the "comic book" look of the armour etc as a change from the more serious preceding films in the Thor series.
DC just can't do humour.

Only Marvel has the money to throw at an insider movie with an expensive cast just for fun. I did like the "comic book" look of the armour etc as a change from the more serious preceding films in the Thor series.
DC just can't do humour.
RED

DC just can't do humour.
"the Suicide Squad" (the second one by James Gunn, not the first by David Ayer) was actually quite funny and spawned the TV series "Peacemaker", which is absolutely hilarious. "Shazam" was also very good. It's not that they can't do comedy, but that the higher-ups seem to lean heavily into the grim-dark Snyder stuff instead.

"the Suicide Squad" (the second one by James Gunn, not the first by David Ayer) was actually quite funny and spawned the TV series "Peacemaker", which is absolutely hilarious. "Shazam" was also very good. It's not that they can't do comedy, but that the higher-ups seem to lean heavily into the grim-dark Snyder stuff instead.
Forgot about Shazam, one of the bright spots of DC movies.

Love and Thunder. About 1 1/2 hour too long.
I have to agree, for me the last 30 minutes were the most entertaining, the rest was very "Meh"..

I have to agree, for me the last 30 minutes were the most entertaining, the rest was very "Meh"..
Comedy os a very personal thing. I can't stand more than a couple of minutes worth of "Jackass" and "Seinfeld" isn't something I find funny, at all.

Comedy os a very personal thing. I can't stand more than a couple of minutes worth of "Jackass" and "Seinfeld" isn't something I find funny, at all.
So I take it you enjoyed the movie more than I did?

Three Thousand Years of Longing.

I’m so very surprised. It’s the story of Genie / Djinn relating the stories of his past imprisonments, efforts and loves to a “Narratologist”.
Acting is absolutely top notch. I thought it might be a little bit cheesy, but I’m completely wrong. The writers of this movie deserve proper salutations.

Confess, Fletch - Continuation of the character from the 80's but with Jon Hamm instead of Chevy Chase. Surprisingly not bad, Hamm does a good job, and there are some funny moments. Worth a watch.

People forget that Homage Comics was bought by DC. RED & RED II were DC.
There was good humour in both of them, although I didn't much like the end of RED II.

Interestingly, it came out the same year as the Expendables.

Good casting and dialogue in Red(s). Malkovich was great. Helen’s deadpan delivery.

What do you do?
I kill people , dear.

Where did you find the body?
In my freezer.

Back
Top Bottom