Real Vacations | GTAMotorcycle.com

Real Vacations

bigpoppa

Time for some big poppa wisdom, it aint a vacation fellas unless you go alone.

You cant do anything, cant talk to any cute girls, you got your babushka with you, you're carrying 4 extra suitcases everywhere for no reason.
Feel like I could have done so much more in spain

😮‍💨 Live and learn

It aint a vacation unless you go alone.

Thanks for coming to my ted talk.

You cant do anything, cant talk to any cute girls, you got your babushka with you, you're carrying 4 extra suitcases everywhere for no reason.

😮‍💨 Live and learn

I was happy on the last trip that I convinced everyone to stick to one duffle bag each for a two week trip. Without some pressure they normally take far more than that for a night away.

I've truthfully never gone alone but know someone who does. I'm not sure Id like it unless it was a trip with an adventuristic angle (motorcycling with similar people, etc.).

We're usually at a resort for a week and I can't see myself doing that alone.

Solo travel for adventure type vacations (NOT resorts) are so rewarding for your soul. I'm a social butterfly and I'd travel with my wife anywhere since we have such similar travel tastes. But every once in awhile, a nice solo excursion is a great way to recharge the batteries.

I trained mine right away to live with a single carry-on bag. Not even a roller bag, because they are heavy even when empty, but a real soft-sided backpack. Everything is so much easier when you aren't lugging around 150lbs of crap that you don't use. She still vastly overpacks her bag, but at least she's the one carrying it...

I trained mine right away to live with a single carry-on bag. Not even a roller bag, because they are heavy even when empty, but a real soft-sided backpack. Everything is so much easier when you aren't lugging around 150lbs of crap that you don't use. She still vastly overpacks her bag, but at least she's the one carrying it...
Haha. Canoe trip training was entertaining. She packed the bare minimum she thought she needed and then we cut it in half twice. It was still too much stuff but acceptable.

Travelled to Europe once for a few weeks on my own and swore I'd not go alone again tho the Dutch seemed to want to visit your table if you are sitting alone. :unsure:
Partner and I travel well together and are not social so works out well.
I have no issues travelling alone by motorcycle and was quite happy in 2017 doing cross Canada on my own at 71...was a now or never situation.
I enjoyed motorcycle trips with my son and glad we had them....lots of pics for memories.
Still travelling with partner here in Aus and hopefully later today some more local riding but no long jaunts. 6 hours day trips is max and even then I'm beat.

The habits of packing light and washing anything needed has stuck with me. The camera and computer gear easily outweighs the clothes.:rolleyes:

😮‍💨 Live and learn

Almost all my travel has been solo, or with an unattached workmate. In solo travel, you’re 100% doing what you want to do, that drops below 1/2 when travelling with a partner.

My wife and I do both, but mostly separate. She loves her sister and girls trips, I love having the time for bike trips and to visit my kids.

I don’t count time at cottages or vacation homes as vacation. We get a lot of that in together.

Resorts are for families with young kids like us. It’s awesome not having to drag them along.

Bonus points if resorts have Kids Clubs.

@bigpoppa i hope your wife doesn’t track your GTAM posts…unexpected passengers, solo trips, cute girls….

I love traveling with my wife. One trip of over packing and having to slug around a heavy suitcase was enough to get her to buy in on the minimalist approach when we're moving around a lot, so I tend to be the one who packs way more when we go to Italy (gotta look sharp if you want to be taken seriously from Rome north).

She's a very curious person, and loves to dig into the details of stuff, so is really fun to explore with. I'm going to Providence and Boston for work in the next week and had planned to bring her along, but two newish dogs in the house means she's staying home, which I'm genuinely bummed about.

The main points of conflict are on transit days (flights, trains etc.), as she's someone who thinks being an hour early for the earliest time is late, and I'm someone who likes to rock up right as the gate is closing or train has started moving. The flip side is I don't miss trains anymore...

I love travelling with my wife, we each have our responsibilities in planning making & it happen and happily follow the others lead in those things. We've learned, admittedly over time, how us to best pack and were down to a carry on each including our last 2.5wk trip to japan.

Any vacation is a real vacation . We have started travelling with other couples , split costs on rental cars , condos , sometimes mini vans if the group is 6. Simple rule , you don’t have to spend all day or all evening together . Really helps getting a better house or condo when expenses are split out 2 or 3 ways .
Bonus is getting 4 people and luggage in a European rental car means small suitcases , nobody gets huge bags .
I’ve travelled solo , I’m pretty bored . The cute girls all want drinks and $200 .

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

Resorts are for families with young kids like us. It’s awesome not having to drag them along.

Bonus points if resorts have Kids Clubs.

@bigpoppa i hope your wife doesn’t track your GTAM posts…unexpected passengers, solo trips, cute girls….
Kids clubs: Code brown. ;):p:LOL::ROFLMAO:

Back
Top Bottom