Rag top car Q | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Rag top car Q

What's the budget? Sounds like ~$20K? You can get a lot of interesting cars for that. What's the criteria?

criteria is 50k kms or less, decent driving in snow (AWD preferably) ability to shove a dog or two in it when needed (back seats folded down is ok), $25k or less. Any balance of factory warranty would be great too.

criteria is 50k kms or less, decent driving in snow (AWD preferably) ability to shove a dog or two in it when needed (back seats folded down is ok), $25k or less. Any balance of factory warranty would be great too.

Maybe a Mini Cooper convertible. With winter tires on, that thing handles great in the snow. My wife had one, she loved it.

Maybe a Mini Cooper convertible. With winter tires on, that thing handles great in the snow. My wife had one, she loved it.

Not a convertible but I saw an AWD Mini Cooper countryman S model from 2016 I think that fit. That was at $20k too. Need to see inside some of these first.

Oh...one other criteria...no Ford, Dodge, Chrysler, Chevy etc.

What about an Audi A3? That’s a car I really enjoy driving and would check most of the boxes.

My bad, should of said sedan. When he brought up QX50 I kind of figured he was open to other types of vehicle.

I sold a 2015 Technik with 30,000km in the summer for $23,000. Again a sedan, A3 convertible won’t be in the budget.

Edit. See your link. I’m not a big Komfort guy prefer the higher trims so would still say sedan depending on what’s important to him.

I guess that partly depends on how big the dogs are (and whether they want them on the seats or in a cargo area).

Good point. I’ve been known to put my 80lb Husky in Corvettes and similar so I may look at that differently then most lol.

Attachments

• 790EA3D7-3CCC-4F1C-B739-84BD74BD5A4D.jpeg
    790EA3D7-3CCC-4F1C-B739-84BD74BD5A4D.jpeg
    125.2 KB · Views: 12
I’m not really a car/sedan person so it’ll have to be an interesting kind of car, like a convertible. The wife likes sitting up higher so a crossover like the Infinity might work well.

brand new Hyundai Kona, AWD, preferred trim...they're around $24,999 brand new, with $2000 off until end of this month...it's about the size of my Elantra GT (slightly shorter in overall length) but higher ground clearance and taller too...a small CUV...comes in CVT so you can manually shift it (I like that because I prefer manual transmissions)...drove one a couple of weeks ago and it drives really nice...has heated seats, heated mirrors, heated steering wheel, back up camera and a whole bunch of other safety features...just missing the convertible or sunroof (but I believe a higher trim has their panoramic sunroof)...after rebates and taxes, I've priced a brand new one out at just under $27,000 with a 5 year bumper to bumper warranty...check them out (in comparison, we test drove the Subaru Crosstrek touring model and preferred the Kona in every way - only thing I liked about the Subaru was that it was a stick shift, but even so, it didn't shift as nicely as the Kona using the manual shift option on the CVT)...

Last edited:
brand new Hyundai Kona, AWD, preferred trim...they're around $24,999 brand new, with $2000 off until end of this month...it's about the size of my Elantra GT (slightly shorter in overall length) but higher ground clearance and taller too...a small CUV...comes in CVT so you can manually shift it (I like that because I prefer manual transmissions)...drove one a couple of weeks ago and it drives really nice...has heated seats, heated mirrors, heated steering wheel, back up camera and a whole bunch of other safety features...just missing the convertible or sunroof (but I believe a higher trim has their panoramic sunroof)...after rebates and taxes, I've priced a brand new one out at just under $27,000 with a 5 year bumper to bumper warranty...check them out (in comparison, we test drove the Subaru Crosstrek touring model and preferred the Kona in every way - only thing I liked about the Subaru was that it was a stick shift, but even so, it didn't shift as nicely as the Kona using the manual shift option on the CVT)...

Interesting. Didn’t even know about these. I’ll look.

@jc100 ...I'm not a CUV/SUV kind of girl, but I really likes how it drove...I have 64,000 km on my 2013 Elantra GT and the only reason I'm considering a new vehicle, is boredom...here's a link to the Kona... https://www.hyundaicanada.com/en/showroom/2020/kona

ok I had a look but has Hyundai separated their warranty out to an added extra now? Their 5y warranty is only power train now, if you actually want a warranty to cover the other bits and pieces it’s another $2700

Edit: adding that in plus a remote start (I like those) brings the price up to over $30k taxes and delivery in for just the base model.

@jc100 you can get a remote starter installed for under $400...we got one for hubby's Ram in Burlington for that...can't remember the name, I'll have to go through our receipts...

ok I had a look but has Hyundai separated their warranty out to an added extra now? Their 5y warranty is only power train now, if you actually want a warranty to cover the other bits and pieces it’s another $2700

The $2700 is for a 6-year/120K km warranty.

5 years/100K km comprehensive warranty is still standard:

Back
Top Bottom