R1 and GSXR Crash - Good example of how not to ride on the street. | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

R1 and GSXR Crash - Good example of how not to ride on the street.

If I was driving there would be know way I could tell they were going at those speeds , 100% rider fault
And I admittedly used to ride on the street the same way. They were doing double the limit for sure. at that speed the bikes would have looked a hell of a lot further away then they were

Because not everybody functions at the razor sharp level as young people. That needs to be taken into account. I can just imagine the car driver going "huh?! wdf? and being otherwise perplexed. Not to mention the pills old people are on.
If you ride in a fashion assuming other people will do the right thing............

If you can't cross a lane of traffic at more than 5km/h, you should be really be evaluating whether or not you are safe on the road. No one needs razor sharp anything to be able to drive a car, but you do need to be awake and remember what the pedals do. Claiming to be old, confused, and medicated is NOT a valid excuse for being slow, hesitant, and unsafe on the road, and should stir a stronger reaction than "what do you expect?".

I will still concede that the riders could have avoided the whole mess by not behaving in the complete opposite nature.

If you can't cross a lane of traffic at more than 5km/h, you should be really be evaluating whether or not you are safe on the road. No one needs razor sharp anything to be able to drive a car, but you do need to be awake and remember what the pedals do. Claiming to be old, confused, and medicated is NOT a valid excuse for being slow, hesitant, and unsafe on the road, and should stir a stronger reaction than "what do you expect?".

I will still concede that the riders could have avoided the whole mess by not behaving in the complete opposite nature.

I'm saying don't assume other drivers are as plugged in as you and me. Do not make that assumption. If, while doing 99mph, you see a car at a far off intersection do not assume you can continue safely. You don't know who is behind the wheel or what kind of day they're having. If it's your average GTAMer you're probably in luck but what if it's Molly from the Yarn Barn? Slow down and preserve your dignity. I mean, who isn't laughing at these bozos?

I'm saying don't assume other drivers are as plugged in as you and me. Do not make that assumption. If, while doing 99mph, you see a car at a far off intersection do not assume you can continue safely. You don't know who is behind the wheel or what kind of day they're having. If it's your average GTAMer you're probably in luck but what if it's Molly from the Yarn Barn? Slow down and preserve your dignity. I mean, who isn't laughing at these bozos?

For sure. I was entertained, if not disappointed to see another R1 wrecked :(

I didnt read the whole thread but i did see a few references to the left hand turner being at fault no matter the speed. I can guarantee you that is not the case. There was an accident in my area (etobicoke) where this exact scenario played out. The rider died on the scene and got a ticket for speeding on top of it.

I'm sorry.....the police charged a dead rider with speeding?????

Sounds likr something toronto police would do. Bet they tried to interogate him too :)

Ouch!! hate to see that no matter whether they were riding too aggressive or not...

if you're doing 180km/h in a 60 zone the car pulling out looks left, right and proceeds as they see the road is clear. 2 seconds later rossi and stoner appear out of nowhere hauling ***. do you understand now?

public roads aren't race tracks, you share the road with people who are barely capable of driving

LOL Rossi and Stoner, they were busy reliving their countless races ;)

Back
Top Bottom