Princess Auto motorcycle dolly? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Princess Auto motorcycle dolly?

matthew

Site Supporter
Not the lift, but a dolly to help push the bike and rotate it. I'm toying with the idea of keeping my car in my garage during the winter, since I'll be working from home until March 31, but I need to free up space taken up by two bikes.

Unfortunately Princess Auto currently doesn't list it on their site so hopefully they will carry the product again

Did you just see that post on Reddit? Because I just went through the same thing

Did you just see that post on Reddit? Because I just went through the same thing

Funny enough, I was looking up the pneumatic lift then I came across the dolly and saw it on Reddit. I think it's a sign I have to crack open my wallet soon

Damn, that looks sketchy. How much are they? I'm betting for the same price you could get the blue front chock, 4 casters, and a standard dolly (for the rear wheel) and have a more stable setup.

Apparently it was on sale last year for $50... I'd be happy with that, but that may have been a clearance price

Not the lift, but a dolly to help push the bike and rotate it. I'm toying with the idea of keeping my car in my garage during the winter, since I'll be working from home until March 31, but I need to free up space taken up by two bikes.

Unfortunately Princess Auto currently doesn't list it on their site so hopefully they will carry the product again

We parked in the garage for the first time last year. Game changer. So much better and worth the effort. Car is much warmer/gets up to temp faster (less wear and less gas), you don't need to spend many minutes clearing it off and driveway is a lot easier to clean without a car in the way.

I have car dollies that I might be able to get a bike on to roll it around but care would be needed to ensure that it didn't get away from you.

The dolly you posted looks like it could benefit from a piece or carpet or anti-slip grippy no-go stuff (toolbox drawer liner) under the kickstand.

I love these - brilliant design, too bad they're so expensive:

I love these - brilliant design, too bad they're so expensive:

I like that they used it to fit more bikes in their front hall. It would be nice if they had thought of a brake solution though. Most garages are sloped.

If you want a tad more space for storage, take the exhaust off!
Isn't it easier to store the bike vertically to gain space? Honestly for seasonal storage, I would just use the kickstand trick and wiggle the bike into position. If I was moving it all the time, I would consider something like a dolly.

The bike takes more space on the dolly then on the rear stand. The dolly is for me is great for transitioning from parking the car in the garage or outside. Perfect for this time of year. Weather is good, I park the car outside and quickly slide the dolly away from the corner for a quick rip. Vice versa when the weather is bad. But when it comes time to park it for the winter, I will use the rear stand with the exhaust off to make extra space for the passenger side to get by

Today the bicycles go from the garage down the basement for the winter. Going to put my motorcycle away in the back of the garage in the next couple of days when it warms up a little. Too much snow on the ground for that now, as I have to finish winterizing it first. Once that happens the car goes in the garage as well. Everything gets reversed in the Spring. Once we get rid of the tent trailer we may do less shifting until/unless we get another car/motorcycle.

Edit: That reminds me that my wife's bicycle needs a new tube.

Welp my car is about 17 feet long and my garage is about 20 feet, so that's the end of that chapter. Bikes, tools and car can't coexist in the same space.

Welp my car is about 17 feet long and my garage is about 20 feet, so that's the end of that chapter. Bikes, tools and car can't coexist in the same space.
My car only has a 2" window where it fits when parked. It needs to clear the legs of the lift and often the licence plate is touching the door (I need to back up before raising the door). It may be possible to get everything in, but I agree, it would be a challenge/risk to do it often if it is that close.

This is crazy do people really let cars inside? If my wife hears of this she will want hers inside next.

Sent from my KFONWI using Tapatalk

Here's where the bike's going. Minivan will just miss it when parked correctly.
Laser pointer on the ceiling to tell me when to stop rather than a tennisball.
y0tjmQ1l.jpg

Yes, it looks like my kid kicked the cord into a corner to put it away.
He learned that from his dad and granddad.

These guys have a selection of dollies, but this one looks the most useful:

Dolly Rear Paddock Stand ConStands Mover II Racing black matt

I haven't found a North American distributor, though, and shipping from Europe costs more than the dolly, so it's not a cheap option until someone more local pick them up. I think it's $230 on Amazon, but again, shipped from France, so the cost is in the freight...

This is crazy do people really let cars inside? If my wife hears of this she will want hers inside next.

Sent from my KFONWI using Tapatalk
Try it, you'll like it!

I've got 2 of these moto dolliess from Princess auto. Got one on sale for $50, and the other on super sale at $19 here in Ottawa last year.
They're a smaller footprint than a full on dolly. I can take it apart in 2 separate pieces and stores rather easily.
Pretty much all the issues that came up in the video are the same ones I've come across as well. I've been planning on modifying the ones I have to deal with those issues.

These guys have a selection of dollies, but this one looks the most useful:

Dolly Rear Paddock Stand ConStands Mover II Racing black matt

I haven't found a North American distributor, though, and shipping from Europe costs more than the dolly, so it's not a cheap option until someone more local pick them up. I think it's $230 on Amazon, but again, shipped from France, so the cost is in the freight...

I got this one from kapscomoto. Works well for me.
Venom Sport Bike Motorcycle 360 Trolley + Rear Swingarm Wheel Lift Stand Combo

Back
Top Bottom